Baseball discussion thread

Mattmc1973

I have no idea, nor do I care. Someone above posted that he got booed at a game and I said I'm glad.

Probably Washington. I wonder if he got the ball over the plate. Good thing Cheney didnt throw out the first pitch. They would have taken the catcher away on a stretcher.

Tigers blew it. Watched the game at work for a little than heard it on the radio. Thought for sure Polanco would've scored that guy on third.

On well, 161 more games to go ^_^

GO BASEBALL!!!

Well it could be worse. You could be a long suffering Orioles fan like me. But my guess is you hate the Yankees just like me?

Probably Washington. I wonder if he got the ball over the plate. Good thing Cheney didnt throw out the first pitch. They would have taken the catcher away on a stretcher.

He threw it high over the plate. they put the K-zone on him and drew another box around it and still was high. But he did threw it from the rubber.

I don't hate the yankees anymore, becasue they became a joke when sonny boy took over. But i do think they will do good this year.

Do good? What is your definition of do good? to them do good is win the series or nothing. and they shall not win the series or the division.

Who's sonny boy? If that's Hank and Hal, they took over during the off-season.

sorry, I meant those two, but mostly Hank.

Do good? What is your definition of do good? to them do good is win the series or nothing. and they shall not win the series or the division.

They will win at least 81 games. When you didn't make the playoff last year and haven't won a series in 8 years. Good is playoff contention. They are not the late 90's Yankees anymore so i don't think they can be compared to them. There is only a few teams i think that it's title or bust. and thats the Red Sox, and Detroit. I think the pressure is most on the Mets and Cubs in the National league, but a world series appearance, will probably be good enough.

So by me sayin they will do good means i don't think they will suck.

The white sox and the cards will suck this year.

The Yankees made the playoffs last season. We didn't do shit, but we got there.

You are a Yankees fan??? I would have thought you liked Atlanta. I dont mind Atlanta. I only hate the Yankees and Twins. And thats because they replaced the Orioles as our parent team here after decades. Cmon Electrophile, I know you hate my guts, but who is your team???

You are a Yankees fan??? I would have thought you liked Atlanta. I dont mind Atlanta. I only hate the Yankees and Twins. And thats because they replaced the Orioles as our parent team here after decades. Cmon Electrophile, I know you hate my guts, but who is your team???

I thinks she writes a yankees blog.

I thinks she writes a yankees blog.

Thanks. I didnt think she would answer. Classless. It only figures she is a Yankees fan. I would expect nothing less. It kills me how these people cant cheer for their home team. they live here or there but cheer for teams states away. I will cheer for Buffalo til the day I die. Sabres and Bills. Becuase they are the HOME TEAM. That is the way it is supposed to work.

Thanks. I didnt think she would answer. Classless. It only figures she is a Yankees fan. I would expect nothing less. It kills me how these people cant cheer for their home team. they live here or there but cheer for teams states away. I will cheer for Buffalo til the day I die. Sabres and Bills. Becuase they are the HOME TEAM. That is the way it is supposed to work.

I wasn't home. You want me to answer when I'm not at my computer?

And for your information smartass, there's no rule that says you have to root for the team in the town you're from. And I'm not from Atlanta....I've said that dozens of times to you and apparently you can't read that. My best friend growing up was from NY and she got me into the Yankees. That's why I root for the team. If you have a problem with that, I don't really give a rat's ass.

And for your information smartass, there's no rule that says you have to root for the team in the town you're from. And I'm not from Atlanta....I've said that dozens of times to you and apparently you can't read that. My best friend growing up was from NY and she got me into the Yankees. That's why I root for the team. If you have a problem with that, I don't really give a rat's ass.

Ah. Thats more like it!!!

The A's have their first game in America tonight. I'm so surprised how well they did in spring training considering Beane saw fit to unload our best offensive player and our best pitcher within a week of each other. Plus they had the sweetest facial hair on the team. Bastard. <_<

Here's to hoping for a slightly better than mediocre season!!!

The A's have their first game in America tonight. I'm so surprised how well they did in spring training considering Beane saw fit to unload our best offensive player and our best pitcher within a week of each other. Plus they had the sweetest facial hair on the team. Bastard. <_<

Here's to hoping for a slightly better than mediocre season!!!

Shouldn't you people in oakland give Beane more credit than that. Now i may be a Moneyball reader, but i think Beane is one of the best gms in the game, its tobad he works in oakland.

No, I do give him a lot of credit. I'm just currently being an ass. I really really really really loved Nick Swisher ever since I saw him being heckled at a spring training game three years ago (before his rookie season) by some Giants fans, and he just shut them up with amazingly calm barbs back. It was a thing of beauty. From that moment on, I knew it was love.

Beane has done some amazing things for us, like the Mulder trade that got us Haren. There have been very few bad deals, but I just like to vent constantly about the Swisher and Hudson deals because they're the two players that I adored above all others and I will never get over their trades. I've learned as an A's fan to never become attached to a player cuz they never stay there more than four or five years, but I just couldn't help myself with those two. It really sucks being an A's fan in this regard. And I know it has nothing to do with Beane. It has to do with ridiculously stingy ownership who are moving the A's. <_<

The current Baltimore Orioles began play in 1954, picking up where the old St. Louis Browns left off, losing 100 games in their inaugural campaign. Their first winning season came in 1960; after this, the years 1961-1985 saw 23 of 25 seasons with winning records, six American League pennants (1966, 1969-71, 1979, 1983) and three World Series victories (1966, 1970, 1983). Following that period, the Orioles have had only six winning seasons in 22 overall, no trips to the World Series (unfairly treating the only man who could have taken them there [Davey Johnson]), and no hope W-L-wise this year. Since Peter Angelos purchased the team in 1993, 11 of 15 seasons have been losing ones; winning seasons in 1993 and 1994 (strike-shortened) under Johnny Oates, a man he didn't hire, and in 1996-1997 under Davey Johnson, a man he pushed out of Baltimore right after being named AL Manager of the Year have been the club's only stabs at respectability during that time. Fans in 2008 can only hope for development. Cal was lucky to be around as a young player for the tail end of the good years, else he wouldn't've even earned a ring.

This is all stuff we already know but I just hate it and have to spew off a bit sometimes.

Way to go Electrophile :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm a die hard Yankees fan. I've been a fan for over 30 years and I don't live in NY. My favorite football team is in Miami and they had the worst record in the NFL.

Archived