Baseball discussion thread

Mattmc1973

HI ALL,

What about this latest on the curse of the new Yankee's stadium?

Workmen dug up the jersey a concrete worker buried under, I think, a hallway near an underconstruction restaurant. A co-worker named the "jersey undertaker" and the Bronx DA is considering charges against him.

At first Yankee officials were going to leave the jersey but decided to retrieve it, bowing to superstition!

The shirt is number 34, David Ortiz, and will be sent to a Boston charity called the JIMMY fund to be auctioned off.Hilarious!

NewYork,Sox fan,go figure,...Giants use to be in NY,Braves in Boston,...

We get pissed about that,than we have bigger problems,.....

KB

I figured the Orioles were a one-week wonder. The rotation will likely continue to suck and the bullpen burn out quickly, just like last year. Fahey should have been sent down, not Moore. They've dropped six of eight as the offense is suddenly anemic, and the song remains the same in Baltimore. It's true that the focus is on the long-term, but it'd be nice to have a few wins along the way. Well, they can't finish worse than 8-154.

yeah, i figured i could easily pad my post counts. its better than the shit i usually post just to post. I really haven't had anything to say since "Hi I'm Pb Derigable from Chicago"

They fly it above the scoreboard, so people on the EL (elevated train) could tell if they one or not since usually their games end before the 5 O'Clock rush hour. I'm actually surprise no one else does something like it. I guess most teams blow off fireworks like the White Sox does.

Does anybody have thoughts on the 22inning game played by the Rockies and Padres. Some people think baseball should have a different format that then one it has. I am a so called baseball purist, but if it's a get away game (last game of a series before going to another city) I wouldn't mind after the 13th inning. Both team gets to put a runner on second to start an inning. Other than that, Games like that only happen once a year. so it's no big deal.

Nah, leave it alone, a 22-inning game is an anomaly, and is good for conversation!

I'm watching the Tigers/Blue Jays right now, and I'm digging the Jays' retro uniforms tonight! The old school powder blue uniform from the 80's...

lloyd-moseby-retro-blue-jays-uniform.jpg

Yeah aren't they cool? They wear the retro uniform every Friday for 'Flasback Fridays' and usually there's is a Jays player from the past there and they do a little ceremony before the game. Congrats on the win...hopefully we can come back and even the series out tomorrow :D

Damn Yankees spanked again!

Orioles 6 Jankees 0

yeah!!!

I keep thinking who swapped out my team and replaced them with guys who can...play?!?!

I'm enjoying it while it lasts... :D

I keep thinking who swapped out my team and replaced them with guys who can...play?!?!

I'm enjoying it while it lasts... :D

I can relate to what you are saying. The Orioles have been my team since 1969. We have looked much better on paper and done far worse. I guess we cant get too excited. If they are still around in a month, maybe we start to think miracles are on the horizen.

I can relate to what you are saying. The Orioles have been my team since 1969. We have looked much better on paper and done far worse. I guess we cant get too excited. If they are still around in a month, maybe we start to think miracles are on the horizen.

I'm a native Baltimoron and have been a fan since 1966 - an good year to fall in love with the team. I'm thinking if we're still playing well in August, I might start hoping. If we finish over .500 I'll be ecstatic.

Anyone catch the filthadelphia phillies fans cheering the fact that Jose Reyes got hurt? And then booing when he was ok?

Didn't catch that, but that's the kind of despicable behavior Philly Fan is known for. They cheered when Michael Irvin sustained his career-ending neck injury in a Eagles/Cowboys game. Other notorious incidents of Philadpelphia fan behavior are listed here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_...and_misbehavior

Oh, and their affinity for throwing batteries is well-documented.

I'm a native Baltimoron and have been a fan since 1966 - an good year to fall in love with the team. I'm thinking if we're still playing well in August, I might start hoping. If we finish over .500 I'll be ecstatic.

The 1966 Baltimore Orioles- Baseball's Forgotten Champions

Forty years ago one of the most overlooked teams in baseball annals, the 1966 Baltimore Orioles, had a remarkable season, then followed it up with perhaps the greatest and most dominant World Series victory ever. The 1966 Baltimore Orioles had a Triple Crown winning superstar, three men with 100 or more RBI, four guys with over 20 home runs, four future Hall of Famers on the roster, and a second baseman that would preside over one of the most stunning comebacks in World Series history 20 years later. Yet, for some reason, the 1966 Baltimore Orioles are seldom remembered or mentioned by baseball historians.

That year, the Yankees were completing a shocking freefall into the bottom of the basement in the American League, leaving the 1966 Baltimore Orioles and the rest of the teams in the junior circuit to sort things out among themselves. The 1966 Baltimore Oorioles had been a solid club the year before, finishing 94-68 under an extremely underrated manager in ex-Yankee outfielder Hank Bauer. But an off-season acquisition would make this good team into a great one.

The Cincinnati Reds' General Manager, Bill DeWitt, got the idea that his best player, Frank Robinson, was an "old" thirty, and traded him to the 1966 Baltimore Orioles for pitcher Milt Pappas, even up. It turned out to be one of the worst deals in Major League Baseball history, as Pappas, who was only 13-9 the previous season, would be gone from the Queen City in less than three years, barely a .500 hurler. Frank Robinson meanwhile would lead the 1966 Baltimore Orioles to their first title ever. The team, which had formerly been the dreadful St. Louis Browns until the mid-Fifties, had only been to one World Series until Robinson came on board. Including the 1966 Baltimore Orioles, Frank would help them into 4 in 6 years!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3..._baseballs.html

Besides the Orioles doing so well, that Boston Jersey had a prequel effect on the Jankee's ! :lol:

Archived