Will Westwood finally bring one home? I've really been enjoying The Open so far. Lots of guys still in the hunt and the score swings make things even more interesting. Yesterday, Phil 4-putting 16 - I've never seen him do that before. Those crazy stances in the bunkers! Should be a great saga tomorrow in the final round.

Poulter just posted +1. Don't think that'll win the tourney, but good score nonetheless. Westwood's putter keeps bailing him out, but for how long? Phil just made a bird to get to within one! Let the back nine begin!!

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has access to the Golf Channel, check out Tiger Woods tearing up the Firestone Country Club! Currently 9 under after 13 holes. Par is only 70, so you can do the math at the score possibility he has in sight. Rare air for those who break 60....

Congrats CP! A round like that will keep you going for a while for sure!

What are the picks for this weekends PGA Championship?

It's gonna take a good driver of the golf ball and the type of temperament that looks at par as a good score. I don't believe Tiger will win, like many are forecasting.

Thanks Walter/Dave - funny I carded 80 on the previous day whilst having a knock with Mrs CP. In fact it was a CP double as she won the Ladies Medal on Sunday and dropped a shot off her handicap. Bless, she is hitting the ball well at the moment.

Not thought about the PGA. Tigers got to be favourite after last week but again I am a Phil man and he is hot touch. Westwood? The juries out for me. Hasn't shown the competitive edge needed to be a Major winner. And he's a rude smug twat.

Outside shots Ian Poulter, Jason Day.

Where's Fishy??

Edited by chillumpuffer

Looking forward to watching the tournament later today. Rick, your area has the PGA Championship and also the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen going on this weekend. Must be tough to find a hotel room in the finger lakes area!

A couple of picks I've been thinking about....Jason Day, Hunter Mahan and Justin Rose. This is a US Open type course, so guys that do well in those conditions should do well this weekend. Hoping Rickie Fowler puts together a good tournament.

The good form continues. The CP's and 2 mates took 3rd place at an Open yesterday. A field of 32 mixed teams played an excellent local course and we got 78 points ( Best Man & Lady came in on each hole). Winners got 84 and second 82. Not sure what we won to be honest but the vouchers will be sent to our home club.

It was quite tough as we had to play on 3/4 handicap which meant the Mrs CP played off 23 and myself off 9. Thoroughly chuffed at 3rd though.

• 1 month later...

Cabot Links and Highlands Links

"The island is Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia. And if it is not already on your golf travel radar it should be – and it will be, because it just keeps getting better and better – with more to come.

Cape Breton Island occupies the northernmost part of Nova Scotia, about a fifth of the province’s total land mass, linked to the mainland by a short causeway. Last year it was named the “Top Island Destination in the Continental U.S. & Canada” by Travel + Leisure magazine." More at Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2012/07/23/the-hottest-island-in-golf-with-the-nations-two-best-courses/

• 6 months later...

Bad back = No Masters for Tiger Woods. I know numerically Tiger is still on pace to break Jack Nicklaus' record, but am I the only one who thinks it's starting to slip away for Tiger? Especially given the fact that the Masters is a major course he is suited for, so the more opportunities he lets slip by to win the Masters, the less chance he has of breaking Jack's record.

Absolutely Strider. It seems that maybe the claims of ped use by Tiger may be true and his body is breaking up? I know the wear and tear of playing golf for many years has its physical liabilities, but he is no different than many others who have played since very early on, beat balls incessantly, and played regularly - but I haven't seen anyone have as many physical issues as he has had before the age of 40. Anyway, golf certainly is not as interesting without him. Proof is in the ratings.

Still looking forward to The Masters next week though! :)

I just discovered this thread. I've been playing recreational golf for about 10 years. I'm a 15-18 handicap. (there are two nice 6800 yard courses within a few miles of my house.) About a year ago, my friends and I decided that Woods had less than a 50/50 chance of tying Nicklaus's record--and (obviously) a smaller chance of actually breaking it. At this point, I don't believe Woods will ever tie the record--just a guess.

Looking forward also to The Masters. Not arsed if Woods plays or not to be honest. If my memory serves me correct he should have been d'qued last year for a blatant abuse of the rules and signing an incorrect card. But the USPGA seemed to let him get away with it.

Any predictions guys and gals?

I am plumping for Adam Scott, Justin Rose, maybe Jason Day ( if he plays)

Adam Scott seems to be pretty obvious, based on his recent play. Phil is coming back this week to play in Houston. It should be pretty wide open based on who has won so far this season - Dustin Johnson always seems to hang around, but is his putting good enough? Predictions by next Wed pm....

What is ole fishy, anyway???

Adam Scott seems to be pretty obvious, based on his recent play. Phil is coming back this week to play in Houston. It should be pretty wide open based on who has won so far this season - Dustin Johnson always seems to hang around, but is his putting good enough? Predictions by next Wed pm....

What is ole fishy, anyway???

Afternoon Walt. Are you well? What did happen to Fishy?