Smashing Led Zeppelin

McSeven

Do you all think that Zep would have been looked at in a different way if they smashed their intruments. Would they have been seen as more wilder, or would it make them seem loseresque?

This question came to me, as I was listening to Howard Stern Shock Jock in America, talking about Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day. Who broke down because he was only allowed one minute to sing a song at a concert. He started to break his guitar on stage.

I do admit that sometimes banging my guitar against the wall for a bit takes all the frurstration away, but I mean, that hapened like once and I was really pissed.

Beating your guitars or instruments is like beating one of your kids... Why would you do it?

The only two people who have got away with it imo are Pete Townshend and Hendrix when he set his guitar on fire at Monterey in 1967.

UMMM...don't forget Ritchie Blackmore's infamous smashing of his strat at the California Jam in '74. Not just the guitar but amps and one of the TV cameras as well....AWESOME!

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite scenes of the 2007 o2 concert was of JP kissing his guitar when all was done.

It is unthinkable to me that he would EVER smash his instruments. Sacrilege!

I will have to look for this scene now! I've missed this somehow over the dozens of times I've watched the O2. ......I agree 100%. The smashing of any instruments, no matter the value, is Sacrilege!

I will have to look for this scene now! I've missed this somehow over the dozens of times I've watched the O2. ......I agree 100%. The smashing of any instruments, no matter the value, is Sacrilege!

Hi Fish,

It occurs at the end of Rock and Roll right before Jason jumps down from his kit. A rather sweet moment for any JP fan. :)

Peace!

I'm thinking for Jimmy Page, to smash his guitar would be like slapping a beautiful lover in the face right after making love. He would never smash a guitar. If I recall he even once said something like playing guitar was like making love to a woman. That's probably just as much reason as Plant's voice why so many women like them. They can feel it :-)

Archived