Breaking Bad

kingzoso

I just ordered season 1 from Netflix to see what the hoopla is all about, but I am skeptical mainly because I know the effects that meth has had on my family and friends.

And I'm sure you're well-versed in how interesting people on Meth are to be around, so multiply that by however many hours the series runs.

^ :yesnod:

Watched for the first couple of seasons of this, but grew bored of it. I mean, seriously....:rolleyes:

Picture your high school chemistry teacher. Can you honestly see him as a drug kingpin slaughtering foes left and right? I didn't think so.

Breaking Bad is technically a fine show...it's well written and is put together with style. But the main premise and characters are preposterous...and it gets worse and worse after the third season or so. Right after Giancarlo Esposito...well, I won't give it away.

After a while, you're just watching wishing for someone to off Walter White and his stupid family, to put them and you out of your misery.

As a Big fan of this show, I wish Everyone who watched even some of Breaking Bad would share in My Enthusiasm for this show. However, I am a Realist and realize that there are people who may like (or dislike) BrBa. Of course not everything is for everyone. (I also Love the Sopranos and Game of Thrones, but, of course, their are others that do not like or care for the Sopranos and/or Game of Thrones). Just because I Gush over a TV series or Led Zeppelin, I know that not Everyone will agree with Me.

With that being said (by Me), I cannot deny what other paid professionals whose Job it is to review such programs write and/or say. And from what I have read concerning Breaking Bad, it seems that the Majority of Critics say (and write) that Breaking Bad is one of the Best Television Shows of All-Time. And I read ALOT.

These critics are just critics, What does it say for a show like Breaking Bad when the "Academies" (Emmy's and Golden Globes) hand out Award after Award for Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Drama Series, ETC... for 4 years in a row? That alone should Speak for Itself. And it Does.

Anyone who reads this and does not like BrBa, that is Cool with me. But I think that puts you in the minority (and that is Fine with Me).

The Character of Walter White (Bryan Cranston) WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS ONE OF THE GREATEST TV PERSONAS EVER...

PEACE... AND LONG LIVE WALTER WHITE!!!

Edited to Add:

http://youtu.be/twSfxmpXVZY

Edited by kingzoso

And I'm sure you're well-versed in how interesting people on Meth are to be around, so multiply that by however many hours the series runs.

Picture your high school chemistry teacher. Can you honestly see him as a drug kingpin slaughtering foes left and right? I didn't think so.

Breaking Bad is technically a fine show...it's well written and is put together with style. But the main premise and characters are preposterous...and it gets worse and worse after the third season or so. Right after Giancarlo Esposito...well, I won't give it away.

After a while, you're just watching wishing for someone to off Walter White and his stupid family, to put them and you out of your misery.

Actually, I wouldn't say any meth freak was very 'interesting' as they run around totally scatter brained (like my brother) and really get on your nerves after a while as they won't shut the hell up. That and the big comedown after being up for 3 days. And don't forget the dental problems. We'll watch it but it does sound pretty far fetched/preposterous to me which is what Hollywood likes in a script.

^^^

Sorry redrum, I should have put a wink or some emoticon to let you know I was joking about meth users being fascinating to watch.

What is the show's overall viewership? If it's under 150 million, and I believe it is, then I am not in the minority.....

The show averaged around 3 to 4 million viewers, with 10.3 million tuning in for the final episode. Just for comparison sake, the Newhart Show had 30 million viewers.

^^^

Sorry redrum, I should have put a wink or some emoticon to let you know I was joking about meth users being fascinating to watch.

The show averaged around 3 to 4 million viewers, with 10.3 million tuning in for the final episode. Just for comparison sake, the Newhart Show had 30 million viewers.

I think that the 10.3 million actually means how many American Television sets were tuned in to the "Felina/Finale" of Breaking Bad. Not the actual viewership.

(I could be wrong).

Just watch this short clip of what seems to be a college Breaking Bad ending party. I count at least 16 or 17 people in the room. Now if this happened at thousands of other places around the United States (and it probably did), I would say and think that the total viewership for the end of Breaking Bad would probably be closer to 30 - 50+ million Americans who Tuned in to witness the end of a Great and Remarkable and Awards-winning Show.

Edited to add:

This clip is longer but tends to Prove My Point just the same: in a bar in NYC...

I defy anyone to tell Me that these two clips do not Prove the Admiration and Loyalty of the True and Real Fans of this Amazing Show. Their Hoots and Hollers and Body Language alone shows that these American viewers are and were Completely Dedicated to Breaking Bad. Just as I will be Forever.

Even if I am Right or Wrong, what does it Matter? "Breaking Bad" Will Go Down in American History as One of the Greatest Shows Ever Made in and by Americans.

Edited by kingzoso

Breaking Bad ended over 4 months ago, however, the Awards and Accolades still continue to pour in: this time from the Screen Actors Guild Association (SAG Awards).

Winner: Bryan Cranston for best Male Actor in a Drama Series.

Winner: Breaking Bad for best Ensemble in a Drama Series.

http://youtu.be/uhLBIcPsGJE

http://youtu.be/_79-lzXL12g

Like I have said many times before, I believe that these Awards re-affirms My belief that Breaking Bad will go down in American History as One of the Greatest American Television Shows of All-Time. Remember, these Awards are voted on by people that are paid to watch, review and judge such Shows. They base their votes on actual Merit and Significance, of which Breaking Bad has all that plus More.

I am just a Great Fan of this Show, however, it does please Me that Breaking Bad is Awarded and Afforded the Acclaim that It Justly Deserves.

30 - 50+ Million Fans of this Award-Winning show Cannot be wrong.

LONG LIVE BREAKING BAD AND MR. WALTER WHITE!!! Edited by kingzoso

More Great Fan reactions to the End of "Breaking Bad":

Walter White was a Genius when it came to making "Weapons of Mass Destruction". (And that includes the 98.1% Blue Meth that was His and Jesse's Signature Product). Edited by kingzoso

Maybe Walter White could have put his "genius" to better use by coming up with a cure for cancer?

Good Point, unfortunately, the Drug Trade pays better. I am not advocating his line of work, either but it sure made for compelling television viewing.

Edited by kingzoso

• 3 weeks later...

Man King Zoso, you are quite the fanboy. BB was a good show but there have and currently are better shows. I would say House of Cards is the best series of the last 20 years, much much better than BB on many levels but that is only my opinion and I am sure not going to post endless diatribe regarding the show. Just because I like it does not mean it has to completely consume my life.

Since this thread is still going, thought I'd post one of my favorite scenes from the final episode where Walt pays a visit to his old Gray Matter associates Elliott and Gretchen:

This scene is Awesome. It is Walter White making his old colleagues making it "Right" so that His family gets what is left of his "Drug Empire" money. $9,700.000

What make it especially good and funny is that is was only red laser pointers by Badger and Skinny Pete that the two "hitmen" carried. Not actual weapons with laser sight.

Man King Zoso, you are quite the fanboy. BB was a good show but there have and currently are better shows. I would say House of Cards is the best series of the last 20 years, much much better than BB on many levels but that is only my opinion and I am sure not going to post endless diatribe regarding the show. Just because I like it does not mean it has to completely consume my life.

Good point, but I will have to say that I am not a fanboy of this Awesome Show, but A FanMan (I am 43 years old). I have not seen one second of "House of Cards" because I am not a Netflix subscriber. You are correct in saying that "House of Cards" is better on so many levels because that is your opinion. And I have My opinions too.

Has "House of Cards" (or even Kevin Spacey) won dozens and dozens of awards for Anything (Like Breaking Bad has), besides Robin Penn winning for "Best Supporting Actress?

It is My opinion (and Millions of Others), that will Prove that "Breaking Bad" will go down in American Television History as One of the Greatest Shows of All-Time.

"House of Cards" is not even shown of American Television. You have to Pay to watch it.

"Breaking Bad" was on AMC, a free channel that most Americans who have a television and some sort of Cable could see.

Enough of "Breaking Bad", "Game of Thrones" is resuming on March 6, 2014.

Edited to Add: I am very Eager to hear your retort to what I have asked you. Do you really think that "House of Cards" is a better show than "Breaking Bad" and do you really think that that show will be remembered by millions of American viewers over a series that is free to watch over a "Mini-Series" (that probably will not survive another season, and that you had to pay and subscribed too to watch)?

Edited by kingzoso

Can't speak for Carl, though I agree with what he posted 100%. I love both Breaking Ban & House of Cards but the winner is House of Cards, just has more nuance overall. Kevin Spacey has won more awards during his career than the entire cast of Breaking Bad combined.

So, I like them both.

I can't wait for Game of Thrones, oh myyyyyy!!! (Spoken with George Takei's voice, who btw is god.)

Edited by IpMan

• 2 weeks later...