You Know You're Getting Old When....

Pagesbow

I remember when global car companies had companies on different continents producing completely different models ..ie Ford USA ,UK , Europe , Australia ,Africa all operated as separate companies with separate design teams , now Ford produce's a worldwide universal model range with the odd modification for different markets

^^ I think you have spoken for a few people here (me included)

I do try :blush:

You pick up a "Chomp" chocolate bar and say "they used to be 10p in my day"

And...you got a PROPER 10p mix-up for 10p

White chocolate mice and fizzy cola bottles for a penny. For a 10p mix I liked apple (or cola) fizzers, rhubarb and chustard and pinapple rock. Actually I still have a penchant for cola bottles having bought some the other day.

You are on here 24/7

Could be lazy student on holiday with no life, or an unemployed skiver with no life.

You watch a re-run of a tv programme that you followed in it's hey day and the colour on the screen seems a bit out-dated and you crave classic Atari games

Atari2600jr.jpg

You know you're getting old when you have to ask people how to do simple things on the internet, such as...your profile pic is a gif...any ideas on why when I upload a gif, it doesn't work? (like the picture I have now) or anyone :sos: thanks....

You know you're getting old when you have to ask people how to do simple things on the internet, such as...your profile pic is a gif...any ideas on why when I upload a gif, it doesn't work? (like the picture I have now) or anyone :sos: thanks....

For the animation to work, the gif needs to be the dimensions specified in the upload area or smaller (100 x 100 px, I believe).

If the forum software has to downsize the gif to make it fit, the animation is lost.

For the animation to work, the gif needs to be the dimensions specified in the upload area or smaller (100 x 100 px, I believe).

If the forum software has to downsize the gif to make it fit, the animation is lost.

Oh right, thanks...I'll give that a go.

Hands up those you kept pressing the reset button on a Atari (just for the sheer hell of it)

You watch a re-run of a tv programme that you followed in it's hey day and the colour on the screen seems a bit out-dated and you crave classic Atari games

Atari2600jr.jpg

I stopped in a local bar for a quick bacardi and coke. I was standing at the bar and there were a couple people next to me. I eventually glanced their way and the guy next to me was looking at me. He nodded and said, "How you doing grandpa ?" I smiled and said. "pretty good." That probably would have stung about 10 years ago.

I remember the first time a bartender referred to me as "sir". Not an insulting term but it really bugged me at the time!

When you have to take the next day off if you attend a concert through the week. And to think years back you could go to 3 or 4 concerts a week, go to school the next day then as time passed and you had to work, the same. Now I have to take the following day off to feel normal again!! :huh:

When you see a advert for a rock compilation album, followed by a clip of a old guy rocking out to your record collection. It is a perfect gift for Fathers day!.

Yeah, I guess that's a pretty fair indicator that you've become an old barstard. Although, to be honest, the advertisers make everything "the perfect gift for father's (or mother's) day" 10 toilet plungers - the perfect gift for mother's day!

Archived