2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

As I suspected, Wainwright is having the Mets for lunch tonight. Hope Rick didn't put down any green on the Mets for this game. Curtis Granderson continues to earn his paycheck, batting about .119 & striking out like it's going out of style, not that I expected him to hit 40 bombs with half his home games being at Citi Field compared to the bandbox in the Bronx, but this is truly pathetic. Just another day in the life of a Mets fan... :rolleyes:

:(

Congratulations to Albert Pujols. One of the Greatest (and current) Players in Baseball History. I just wish that Albert hit this milestone home run in a St. Louis Cardinals uniform.

Well well, if it isn't that Cards fan that has been hiding. How about them Brewers? I know, its early. Thank God its early. Last night I see Wieters, Hardy are both out. I cannot wait until we get out guys back. Lombardozzi is a sack of shit. He blows a routine ground ball at 2nd with a 3-0 lead off a homer we just hit and it snowballed from there. I just read Hardy and Wieters might be ready tonight. Wieters "injury" was news to me. Forearm they say. I watched him play his last game and i saw nothing. Get out there and play. Hardy too. We have to have them. These replacements are killing us with errors. Tillman will come in and I have little doubt give us a big chance to win. Get him some damn runs. Get this thing going Buck. Call for a bunt in the 7th inning if you have a leadoff runner on and a bum like Flaherty at the plate. Do you prefer double plays? I am sick of his refusal to bunt.

What a nightmare of a start for Arizona. Up 1-0 as I type vs the Cubs. If you cannot beat the Cubs you cant beat anyione. Cubs now have runners on the corners with nobody out. This is just beyond belief. Cubs tie game. They are wearing throw backs and look like the 1919 Black Sox. Oakland appears ready to get swept under the rug by Texas.

Ok Rick, the Angels won the first two games against the Nationals, which means they should lose today, according to your theory about sweeps. But you've also stated that you'll always put money on the Angels when Weaver pitches, and hellooo, who is on the mound tonight? Mr. Weaver!

So which of your trueisms are you betting on tonight? Against the sweep or with Weaver?

Orioles get a double play with the bases loaded in the 9th. Cruz hits a grand slam and we beat them 10-8. I took Wash on a parlay and cannot believe how I got it. Strider must be sick. 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th beat the Angels. Ouch. I need Greinke and the Dodgers to cash out two 3 teamers. Watch the Phillies burn me

And I had Arizona and got a miracle in that game too

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Orioles get a double play with the bases loaded in the 9th. Cruz hits a grand slam and we beat them 10-8. I took Wash on a parlay and cannot believe how I got it. Strider must be sick. 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th beat the Angels. Ouch. I need Greinke and the Dodgers to cash out two 3 teamers. Watch the Phillies burn me

And I had Arizona and got a miracle in that game too

Went to the Nats-Angels game tonight. The ending was lots of fun! Sorry Strider :)

Make sure Michael Pineda washes his hands and neck before his next start. I see the battle of the birds was one of those high scoring affairs I thought we would see. The ball flies at the Rogers Centre.

Strange game in New York last night, Wacha punches out 10 but walks 5 and only last 4 innings. Mets win. Now I'll see what fatass Colon and those straight as an arrow fastballs can do today. Hopefully he won't get murdered.

Went to the Nats-Angels game tonight. The ending was lots of fun! Sorry Strider :)

Ha. Sorry bullpen is what you should have told poor Strider. The game in Toronto was a slugfest. I am surprised Tillman got rocked in that inning yet still gets the win. Chris Davis has woken up. And Cruz had a monster of a game, a grand slam included. Still I had to sweat it out. Bases loaded in the 9th and Hunter got them to hit into a double play. Big big mistake by the Toronto manager not pinch hitting in that situation. I pulled 3 games out of the fire in the 9th inning. Talk about a lucky day. I had Arizona (5 run rally in the 9th), Washington (4 run rally in bottom of 9th) and Seattle wtth 3 in the bottom of the 9th. Might as well incliude SF with their extra inning win. I had the Dodgers wheeled with both sets of teams and cashed out two three teamers. Grienke went but the Dodgers did not break the game open until the 8th. Norris going today. I hope he pitches well. We need some good starts from him, even though I say he may be the odd man out later in the season when Gausman is ready. I think Gausman has tremendous potential from last year. But I do not know alot about pitchers coming off Tommy John surgery. Has Strasburg been himself? NO. The Nats are playing well, yet those pesky Atlanta Braves have the second best record in the bigs. Paul you sure said it right, a regular season machine is what they are. And one of these days its going to carry over into the playoffs. Not very hard being a Braves fan. They were my second fav back when they had a starting rotation with the likes of Maddox, Schmoltz, Glavine. Unbelievable rotation that was. One of the best ever. Well it was nice to see Matt Wieters and Hardy back. Wieters is on fire. Hit his 4th homer last night and is driving the ball from both sides. I say the best catcher in the bigs easily. Come back fast Manny Machado. I have to say this Schoop is a good player. And I could not believe my eyes, Buck actually put on the bunt in the 7th. And it worked. Runner advanced even though he did not wind up scoring. Lough did the honors.

From the NYT today. I thought it was fun... see you're supposed to be rooting for :)

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/23/upshot/24-upshot-baseball.html?rref=upshot

Its not that simple EBK. I grew up in a town that was the O's farm team for decades and a minor league town. I would say in those days it was pretty well Yankees and Orioles and still quite a few Mets and Red Sox fans too. I am an O's fan for life. I am not changing because the Twinkies took over the stinking Red Wings.

Why did I take St Louis today. The mets are killing them. As usual. St Louis is going no where. One way to get out of a team slump, have the Cubs on your schedule. Working for the Diamondbacks so far. Good to see Tampa getting ripped again. So Pine Tar incident in Yankee land? So what happens for that? Well I like the Dodgers and A's for a parlay tonight and I am betting that Norris finds a way in Toronto

10 games, what does that equate to, one start? That will teach him... :rolleyes: Of course, most of the MLB Network guys are saying this is not that big a deal, that a lot of pitchers use pine tar, they just are not stupid enough to rub a glob of it on their neck. Maybe Pineda should give Gaylord Perry a call and try to get some tips about vasoline... :lol:

Rick Olé, not only did the Angels bullpen blow the game but now we won't have Weaver available for the Yankee series.

I'm happy for ebk, though...she got to see the Nats win in person, it was an exciting game, and the Angels took 2 of 3. It's a win-win for everyone.

Now SWEEP THE BLOODY YANKS!!!

Rollin rollin rollin. 7-3 Birds. Question. This ten game suspension the Yankee pitcher got for the pine tar? Does this mean 10 Yankee games in a row or ten starts from him?

David Lough knows the art of bunting. And Buck seem to have listened to me.

Bases loaded nobody out. Cruz hit. 9-3

Adam Jones makes it 11-3 Orioles!!!!!!!!! This team is comin

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Rollin rollin rollin. 7-3 Birds. Question. This ten game suspension the Yankee pitcher got for the pine tar? Does this mean 10 Yankee games in a row or ten starts from him?

Unfortunately, it's 10 games, not 10 starts. It should be 10 starts