2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

I'm sure the fluctuating barometric pressure from sideline to sideline was the culprit. I think the league already has evidence that this was not a one time deal. It will all come out once the big game is over.

Well, dope fiend what about Aaron Rogers?Trent Dilfer?What evidence?If it happened before not one thing was said?Another dope.The refs are suppose to check the game balls before the game.Getting this?They were changed at halftime and NO word from the Not For Long League.What happened in the second half?

Hey Walter, here is more about the woman who sent Brian Banks to jail...it is worse than I thought:

http://ethicsalarms.com/2013/03/26/wanetta-gibson-is-even-worse-than-we-thought/

Unbelievable and yet totally believable at the same time. Looks like no sense in bringing a civil suit. Seriously, what a completely deplorable human being she is.

Good one Rick .. you should do stand up.. and what did he do with the switched balls?.. Flush them down the toilet?? Did he have 11 balls stashed in the bathroom?

I'm not a lawyer, have never been to Gillette Stadium let alone to the bathroom there.. I assume he was taking a leak if he went to the bathroom.. 90 seconds for number 2 seems a little quick..

Well I am sure you are more informed on the specifics. But ESPN and the NFL are not letting it go away so easily. So it seems they have more info than we do? Maybe a confession for all we know? No way are they going to let it out before the game is played. The day after, we should find out if there will be a fire storm. ESPN has been pretty anti New England in their articles. I find that strange. They have called Brady a liar. Held back nothing. Came right out with it. I do not think Indy would have even beaten my Bills to be honest with you and the only reason they got there was Manning trying to hide his injury and the extent of his condition. Denver could not overcome that and they are nothing without Manning. Now New England plays another team like the Ravens with the exception that this team has a good secondary. A great one in fact. I do think Flacco is a touch better than Wilson but all in all beating Seattle will be tougher because its in a neutral site. Baltimore almost beat them and should have beat them IMO. I did expect a Baltimore vs Seattle SB. Well I have seen far worse. Like when Montana's 49ers were a total mismatch for the Broncos. And that stinker between the Steelers and Seattle. The worst team to ever win a Super Bowl. Well, KC in SB IV and the Jets in SB III were up there also. The two biggest upsets in sports history to this day IMO. And yes, bigger than the USA over Russia in hockey, because in hockey a hot goalie you can do nothing to stop

"We don't know enough to know who is responsible or even if there's an infraction". NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell 1/30/2015

On the Patriots' deflating footballs, Goodell said the league has made no judgments.

"We are focusing principally on two questions: Why were some footballs used in the game that were not in compliance with the rules? And was this the result of deliberate action?"

Source: NFL.com

Memo to NFL players: Don't have sex in late-April/May if you plan on playing in the Super Bowl!

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/football/son-birth-richard-sherman-super-bowl-article-1.2096547#bmb=1

Considering all the crazy shit that's happened this season, that just might be the only thing that puts it all in the proper perspective. In the end, it's only a game.

Oh boy...first Richard Sherman says he may miss the Super Bowl, and now Kam Chancellor hurts his knee on the last day of practice. If the Legion of Boom isn't 100% intact for the Super Bowl, I might have to change my pick.

Questions for y'all while we wait out the final hours before the game...

I know we have some dedicated New England Patriot fans here...KB, jb126, the chase, in_the_evening, planted (via hubby), and possibly some others I have missed...but I was wondering if we had any die-hard Seattle fans here? Besides Walter, Jr. of course.

And I mean people who are cheering for Seattle because they are actually fans of the Seahawks and not just because they hate the Patriots.

Here's another question: Which feeling/emotion is the more intense for you...the joy when your team wins or the pain when your team loses? Does the happiness you feel when your team wins last longer than the misery you feel when they lose?

Questions for y'all while we wait out the final hours before the game...

I know we have some dedicated New England Patriot fans here...KB, jb126, the chase, in_the_evening, planted (via hubby), and possibly some others I have missed...but I was wondering if we had any die-hard Seattle fans here? Besides Walter, Jr. of course.

And I mean people who are cheering for Seattle because they are actually fans of the Seahawks and not just because they hate the Patriots.

Here's another question: Which feeling/emotion is the more intense for you...the joy when your team wins or the pain when your team loses? Does the happiness you feel when your team wins last longer than the misery you feel when they lose?

The pain of losing lasts longer for me. Or maybe it's just there has been more disappointment with my team over the last 20 years, than winning.

With that said, watching and being a part of Kevin Harvick's NASCAR championship this past November at Homestead was so amazing that I've been on Cloud 9 since. The fact he is the favorite driver for us all and we all shared the experience together added to the magnitude of the feeling.

The pain of the Cowboys losing to the Packers, still hurts - especially knowing they already defeated Seattle in Seattle - so I can't wait for tomorrow night to come and go, so we can end this season begin looking towards next season.

The pain of losing definitely seems to sting more than the joy of winning--especially when it seems like all your sports teams (like mine) have been down in the dumps. There was a little bit of a grace period with the Heat winning 3 titles in a span of about 7 seasons, but they appear to be back to being bottom feeders in the NBA--such is life....

I'd say they're about equal. But I see Paul's point. Game 6 of the 86 world series was by far the most painful. It didn't help that my future father in law and New York native was in the other room jumping for joy. The greatest was probably that 1st Patriots Superbowl win. That last minute and a half perfect drive and field goal at the buzzer.

I'd say they're about equal. But I see Paul's point. Game 6 of the 86 world series was by far the most painful. It didn't help that my future father in law and New York native was in the other room jumping for joy. The greatest was probably that 1st Patriots Superbowl win. That last minute and a half perfect drive and field goal at the buzzer.

:goodpost:

Now that sucked as the Rams are my second fav. I wonder if Belechick has paid off the guy that is flipping the coin tomorrow? Or if he has altered the coin itself? Maybe his head on one side and Brady on the other. LOL :lol:

Archived