Sharon Osbourne

CarlJones

Maybe she couldn't handle the fact that someone who worked for her father actually went on to have a piece of the pie.Just speculating.

Peter Grant ended his working relationship with Don Arden in 1964 when he recommended to the Animals that they change their US management from Arden to Allen Klein. Don was not happy.

I agree and am with The Dark Lord, all the shit her husband has done I doubt Sharon would be criticizing anyone else, I like Sharon, I've had my dislikes about her in the past but I've come to the conclusion she's a good wife, manager and mom, if it weren't for Sharon, Ozzy wouldn't be where he's at right now.

And if she did say those things, so what? We all say things at times, whose losing sleep over it?

13 posts from someone who hasn't supplied a link with a controversial post and they're not bothered or not been able to come back to answer?

:wakeup:

So sorry I am not on your time schedule, I happen to have a real life.

Anyway, the movie is a documentary and is called...Sunset Strip, released 2012 directed by Hans Fjellestad

Happy now???

Anyway, Sharon goes on about how Zeppelin were nothing but animals, brutal animals who had no respect for anyone.

13 posts from someone who hasn't supplied a link with a controversial post and they're not bothered or not been able to come back to answer?

:wakeup:

What is your issue with the fact I have only 13 posts? I have been on this board since day one, I just happen to change things up a bit from time to time. Never been one of those type who cares about post counts but I guess you do.

Anyway, the movie is a documentary and is called...Sunset Strip, released 2012 directed by Hans Fjellestad

Happy now???

Anyway, Sharon goes on about how Zeppelin were nothing but animals, brutal animals who had no respect for anyone.

I don't go by time schedules,although I'm here most days.We all have real lives.

And yes,I'm usually happy.

Your OP is indicative of someone who seeks to unite people in a useless hatred of Sharon Osbourne and/or get them posting about her which usually ends in arguments or a locked thread.I'll grant that hasn't happened yet.

Who really gives a toss what Sharon Osbourne thinks of Led Zeppelin?

What is your issue with the fact I have only 13 posts? I have been on this board since day one, I just happen to change things up a bit from time to time. Never been one of those type who cares about post counts but I guess you do.

13 posts and you've been here since day one and only recently decided to further your post count with your OP by changing things up a bit?

Why not post something of interest about LZ?

Post counts don't matter to me,Ive seen people join here and after one or two posts offer substance and information long before their 13th post.

Happy now???

No wonder why I am such a HUGE animal lover!!!!!!!!!

Sharon is a beautiful and loyal woman, good mother and wife to Ozzy, gotta love her for that.

At one point or another we all make snide remarks, she's done an excellent job of managing her husband, his success not only lies in his talent, but also the devotion and love of his wife Sharon Osbourne.

Like the old saying goes, behind every successful man, there is a good and strong woman, Sharon is that good strong woman, we may not all like her, but credit has to be given where credit is due.

Edited by OzzyIsDio

Sharon is a beautiful and loyal woman, good mother and wife to Ozzy, gotta love her for that.

At one point or another we all make snide remarks, she's done an excellent job of managing her husband, his success not only lies in his talent, but also the devotion and love of his wife Sharon Osbourne.

Like the old saying goes, behind every successful man, there is a good and strong woman, Sharon is that good strong woman, we may not all like her, but credit has to be given where credit is due.

Maybe you should start a sharon osbourne appreciation thread !!!!!!!! Count me out.

Sharon is not all what you think she is. She has taken Ozzy to brink of bankruptcy a number of times and is the reason he HAD to keep touring even when he wanted off the road. She's f-ed around on Ozzy a number of times too, namely with Randy Rhodes, back in the day. I have always liked her, but to put her up on a pedestal is not quite accurate. Lately, she has made a number of comments - some not even true - just to keep herself in the entertainment press.

Why does this thread even exist?

The OP made a claim for which there seems to be no basis for...mainly, that Sharon Osbourne slagged Led Zeppelin. Any search of independent verification of such only results in this thread popping up. I did discover that she has a new book out, so maybe it's in her book, although you would have thought reviewers would have cited it by now. The only evidence we have that Sharon said anything about Led Zeppelin is what the OP wrote in his post. And he hasn't bothered to come back and verify or answer other people's questions. So far, it seems to be a thread based on a lie, an attention-seeking ploy.

Not that Sharon Osbourne can't be discussed. But in my opinion it can be done over on the Ozzy Osbourne thread, since her career and Ozzy's are inextricably linked. For what it's worth, in my view she is to Ozzy in some ways what Johnny Ramone was to Joey Ramone. For whatever credit she deserves for resurrecting his solo career after he flamed out of Black Sabbath, she also deserves consternation for the pitiful way she exploits Ozzy as her meal ticket, keeping him out on the road long past his due date, just as Johnny kept pushing Joey until he died. There are so many more ugly things about that woman: her part in having the musicians erased on the remastered Ozzy solo albums; how she ruined Iron Maiden's set at Ozzfest; that horrid screech-fest "The Talk".

But I'll stop...I don't want to ruin anyone's breakfast talking about her, least of all mine.

The OP made a claim for which there seems to be no basis for...mainly, that Sharon Osbourne slagged Led Zeppelin. Any search of independent verification of such only results in this thread popping up. I did discover that she has a new book out, so maybe it's in her book, although you would have thought reviewers would have cited it by now. The only evidence we have that Sharon said anything about Led Zeppelin is what the OP wrote in his post. And he hasn't bothered to come back and verify or answer other people's questions. So far, it seems to be a thread based on a lie, an attention-seeking ploy.

Not that Sharon Osbourne can't be discussed. But in my opinion it can be done over on the Ozzy Osbourne thread, since her career and Ozzy's are inextricably linked. For what it's worth, in my view she is to Ozzy in some ways what Johnny Ramone was to Joey Ramone. For whatever credit she deserves for resurrecting his solo career after he flamed out of Black Sabbath, she also deserves consternation for the pitiful way she exploits Ozzy as her meal ticket, keeping him out on the road long past his due date, just as Johnny kept pushing Joey until he died. There are so many more ugly things about that woman: her part in having the musicians erased on the remastered Ozzy solo albums; how she ruined Iron Maiden's set at Ozzfest; that horrid screech-fest "The Talk".

But I'll stop...I don't want to ruin anyone's breakfast talking about her, least of all mine.

People start all kinds of stupid and misinformed threads. At least the premise of this is loosely related to Led Zeppelin.

The thing she says bout Zep in her book is that Zep "were musically brilliant but they also sold sex. Robert Plant wore vests and tight jeans, a complete look-at-my-lunchbox merchant. Sabbath were nothing like that at all".

http://books.google.nl/books?id=8YHiAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA1948&lpg=PA1948&dq=sharon+osbourne+about+led+zeppelin&source=bl&ots=DCzUyCI1nS&sig=vvuxlpWKyCEZZFwcss0ZnJj4R2Y&hl=nl&sa=X&ei=BzUGU7e1FKSd0QWqt4DAAQ&ved=0CG8Q6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=sharon%20osbourne%20about%20led%20zeppelin&f=false

Edited by reswati

The thing she says bout Zep in her book is that Zep "were musically brilliant but they also sold sex. Robert Plant wore vests and tight jeans, a complete look-at-my-lunchbox merchant. Sabbath were nothing like that at all".http://books.google.nl/books?id=8YHiAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA1948&lpg=PA1948&dq=sharon+osbourne+about+led+zeppelin&source=bl&ots=DCzUyCI1nS&sig=vvuxlpWKyCEZZFwcss0ZnJj4R2Y&hl=nl&sa=X&ei=BzUGU7e1FKSd0QWqt4DAAQ&ved=0CG8Q6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=sharon%20osbourne%20about%20led%20zeppelin&f=false

As you stated, that primarily applies to Robert Plant, if she is talking packaging and flamboyance. In a way she's right, because the only thing Tony Iommi should have been selling is barber insurance, given his poodle cuts of the early '70's.

Edited by The Dark Lord

I really do not understand all the hostility and innuendo toward my post, it was a simple question, that's all. And, I did post the source of the quote, an interview in the 2012 documentary Sunset Strip (you can even watch it on YouTube) which traces the history of the Strip from the 1920's to present day. I am not making this up, I am simply looking for clarity. Further, I never even offered any opinion whatsoever about Sharon Osbourne.

I really do not understand all the hostility and innuendo toward my post, it was a simple question, that's all. And, I did post the source of the quote, an interview in the 2012 documentary Sunset Strip (you can even watch it on YouTube) which traces the history of the Strip from the 1920's to present day. I am not making this up, I am simply looking for clarity. Further, I never even offered any opinion whatsoever about Sharon Osbourne.

Don't sweat it. It was a fair question and you provided the background info that was sought. I wouldn't lose 1/2 a wink of sleep over it.

Edited by The Dark Lord

Thank you. That's the detail I was looking for. "I viewed a documentary on the Sunset Strip" was a little vague. I knew of "The Mayor of the Sunset Strip" and "Riot on Sunset Strip" and a few others, and none of them had Sharon Osbourne slagging Led Zeppelin, and searching the internet didn't help. But now that you have clarified the year, I have found the answer...it's a documentary film by Hans Fjellestad called "Sunset Strip" that premiered at the 2012 SXSW Festival and then aired on Showtime last August. http://www.sho.com/sho/reality-docs/titles/3365262/sunset-strip#/index

I haven't been able to find the part with Sharon Osbourne yet, but here is the trailer:

Edited by Strider