DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

Hmm it maybe be a drug, to most MALES... I`ve been listening to the news Rolf Harris jailed for 5 yers and 9 month what was it with most of these entertainers of my childhood being vile, what I don't get is why did it go on so long when people whom where co- workers know its was going on, this was even the top BOSSES of the BBC, its always the ones whom you would not... its the victims all my prayers go out to...

No matter how old I get, each woman I look at and think to myself,'I bet I could make it happen', sex is such a high, it really is a drug

It isn't about the sex but the control that you desire.

are well i1ve gotten a back log of multi stacks of magazines/books and music still to read and listen too!. so much to do so very little time to do it... tomorrow I`ve got a trip around the stores looking at new 3 piece settee, oh goody... been surfing the net seeking to find more Zeppelin/Hendrix gear sadly not a lot out there... still I`m in good health... need to also dig deep to find so newer stimulus to peck my interest I`ve gotten to stimulant the old grey cell straightaway before I`ve stretched my strenuous to the MAX without cause me to be stressed out with nothing to

talk about other than gibberish bullshit, which would bore the pants off everyone the treat of terrorist is the fore front of everyone`s minds, as there as been a few U K muslin young men joining the terrorist group, why must the people breed only HATE... mythical. fairy tale, fantasy or reality!. which ones ?, farewell to the stories of childhood stating there are no MONSTERS,

because there are... I`ve maybe starting to lose a little of life`s more for filling...

No matter how old I get, each woman I look at and think to myself,'I bet I could make it happen', sex is such a high, it really is a drug

I forget easily... Charles, you live close to what.. Oyster Bay, or is it Ginseng Bay...

are well i1ve gotten a back log of multi stacks of magazines/books and music still to read and listen too!. so much to do so very little time to do it... tomorrow I`ve got a trip around the stores looking at new 3 piece settee, oh goody... been surfing the net seeking to find more Zeppelin/Hendrix gear sadly not a lot out there... still I`m in good health... need to also dig deep to find so newer stimulus to peck my interest I`ve gotten to stimulant the old grey cell straightaway before I`ve stretched my strenuous to the MAX without cause me to be stressed out with nothing to

talk about other than gibberish bullshit, which would bore the pants off everyone the treat of terrorist is the fore front of everyone`s minds, as there as been a few U K muslin young men joining the terrorist group, why must the people breed only HATE... mythical. fairy tale, fantasy or reality!. which ones ?, farewell to the stories of childhood stating there are no MONSTERS,

because there are... I`ve maybe starting to lose a little of life`s more for filling...

I agree with you geekfreak. The world is full of monsters! They are among us. Though don't let it bring you down. People have always been evil a**holes. Keep your chin up. You are in good health and life is beautiful! If you let them bring you down they win! Keep your fist up!

:console2::kiss:

Today I realized my son is basically a younger version of me, when we were out on the bicycles today he wanted to stop at a used music store, and I reminded him that we had no way to bring any music purchases home with us on our bicycles, at which point he told me he was going to bring a back pack next time. I think it's neat how at the age of 12 he has suddenly started to take music seriously from a listening point of view. He is also starting to read reviews and buy a few music magazines.

a chip of the old block, Charles... lipslikecherries many thanks for your kind words... not a lot going on today I`m back in work at 18.00hrs its the only way I now of earning the ££££... :peace:

As my father would say to me as a child, and as I say to my son, "A man must earn his day of leissure", nothing wrong with earning a few dollars, keeps the tax man at bay, and keeps the kids happy when they open the fridge and see stuff to eat!

ooh yes Charles J, that's tops for the family food to eat... where, when can I find the time to seek out the inner self peace. of mind... is there a topic which we can throw around our points of view, as I`ve been hitting a brick wall in a topic from the little grey cells as there a sleep...

ah there are old brain cells maybe they need to seek out so form of stamina, stimulus to stimulate the brain cells to full cap... yep!!!!.

if only there was a time machine I`d be at the festivals Woodstock, Monterey and the Isle Of Wight. wow far out cosmic trip that would be... you now 9 days of amazing music by the musicians

some of which pull off the show stopping peaks. Grateful Dead, Hendrix, Otis Redding, Johnny Winter, Jefferson Airplane, Booker T & The MG`s, Big Brother & The Holding Company,

Canned Heat, The Who, Janis Joplin, Byrds, Miles Davis... to name a few, or popping into the studio with the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.. if only...

Here is one for you everyone here that is deep thought but musical deep thought. I have posted some pic of my guitar I like to strum in my office. You might have missed it, but it's a left handed guitar. The first time as a kid I walked in a music store, the guy hands me a guitar, only it's a right handed guitar. I couldn't make sense of it. I explained to him that it was physical uncomfortable and felt unnatural. So I asked for a left handed guitar. At which point he laughed and told me to learn how to play right handed.

Being the stubborn and pig headed bloke I am, I bought a left handed guitar from a different store, and suddenly I felt comfortable and was able to learn some basic chords and so on.

So here is the deep thought: What the fuck is wrong with all of these compassionate and caring musical types who insist left handed kids or for that matter adults learn to play right handed just because they play right handed? The whole thing reminds of when I was a kid sitting in Catholic school being told to write with my right hand, even though I was left handed. That kind of structure seems to represent the opposite of the rock n roll spirit, it's a throw back to Catholic Headmasters smacking you with a stick because you use a left hand.

Stand up lefty's and as Geekfreak would say "raise your fist and waive it"!!

The Who was a band which I never respected as a kid nor as an adult, I like their music, but I can’t bring myself to buy an album by them for the following reason:

When I was a kid growing up in Ottawa I would take the bus to a used record store and pass by a music instrument store and I would drool at the expensive guitars and amps in the window. When my cousin in Montreal showed me some footage of The Who smashing guitars and amps back when I was 12, I was absolutely horrified that a band as talented as them would treat guitars and amps with such utter contempt, the thing that so many kids wanted but couldn’t afford and these assholes were destroying them with such glee and happiness. It stuck with me since I was a kid and even though I like their music, I can’t bring myself to buy an album from them because it would in my mind award them for what I think is the most horrible thing a musician can do: Destroy music instruments for fun…For a kid like me who spent so much money on music, and going to used record stores, and spent so much time reading liner notes, and going to as many gigs as possible, reading musician biographies and autobiographies, and sit around playing my guitar in my room, and sitting at my mom's piano, to have a talented band do that on purpose is something I will never understand.

if only there was a time machine I`d be at the festivals Woodstock, Monterey and the Isle Of Wight. wow far out cosmic trip that would be... you now 9 days of amazing music by the musicians

some of which pull off the show stopping peaks. Grateful Dead, Hendrix, Otis Redding, Johnny Winter, Jefferson Airplane, Booker T & The MG`s, Big Brother & The Holding Company,

Canned Heat, The Who, Janis Joplin, Byrds, Miles Davis... to name a few, or popping into the studio with the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.. if only...

That sounds like a great idea! I think Canned Heat was really freaking cool! I would have loved to see them live!

Geekfreak, or anyone else, what is it about human nature that makes us want to time-travel to another time period? Do we as humans actually believe that the grass is greener on the other side? Were there better days before these, and life/the world have only progressively gotten worse and we just don't wish to see it in our present? Like how you would like to go back to the late '60s. Are there no bands today we would give anything to see or watch working in the studio? Or is it that, in order for us to understand and appreciate our present we must look back at it from a perspective of the future?

It doesn't seem like looking back really does much for human kind as a whole, historically. People have and will continue to make the same fatal mistakes time and time again.

Here is one for you everyone here that is deep thought but musical deep thought. I have posted some pic of my guitar I like to strum in my office. You might have missed it, but it's a left handed guitar. The first time as a kid I walked in a music store, the guy hands me a guitar, only it's a right handed guitar. I couldn't make sense of it. I explained to him that it was physical uncomfortable and felt unnatural. So I asked for a left handed guitar. At which point he laughed and told me to learn how to play right handed.

Being the stubborn and pig headed bloke I am, I bought a left handed guitar from a different store, and suddenly I felt comfortable and was able to learn some basic chords and so on.

So here is the deep thought: What the fuck is wrong with all of these compassionate and caring musical types who insist left handed kids or for that matter adults learn to play right handed just because they play right handed? The whole thing reminds of when I was a kid sitting in Catholic school being told to write with my right hand, even though I was left handed. That kind of structure seems to represent the opposite of the rock n roll spirit, it's a throw back to Catholic Headmasters smacking you with a stick because you use a left hand.

Stand up lefty's and as Geekfreak would say "raise your fist and waive it"!!

My cousin is left handed and when he began to play guitar he bought a left-handed guitar. But somewhere along the lines he too became convinced that he should be playing a right-handed guitar! So he sold his guitar and bought a right-handed one. As a result, his playing suffered. I don't think he plays anymore....

The Who was a band which I never respected as a kid nor as an adult, I like their music, but I can’t bring myself to buy an album by them for the following reason:

When I was a kid growing up in Ottawa I would take the bus to a used record store and pass by a music instrument store and I would drool at the expensive guitars and amps in the window. When my cousin in Montreal showed me some footage of The Who smashing guitars and amps back when I was 12, I was absolutely horrified that a band as talented as them would treat guitars and amps with such utter contempt, the thing that so many kids wanted but couldn’t afford and these assholes were destroying them with such glee and happiness. It stuck with me since I was a kid and even though I like their music, I can’t bring myself to buy an album from them because it would in my mind award them for what I think is the most horrible thing a musician can do: Destroy music instruments for fun…For a kid like me who spent so much money on music, and going to used record stores, and spent so much time reading liner notes, and going to as many gigs as possible, reading musician biographies and autobiographies, and sit around playing my guitar in my room, and sitting at my mom's piano, to have a talented band do that on purpose is something I will never understand.

Charles J. White, I agree very much with your post! Not only are there children out there who cannot afford a quality instrument, but.... what did that instrument ever do to them but provide them with joy and help them make a living providing others with joy? It's most ungrateful.

I think I remember at the Monterey Pop Festival '67, Jimi Hendrix came out and did it with his guitar/set it aflame/destroyed it before the Who came on and had the opportunity to kill the crowd by killing their instruments. Does that sound right to you?

Edited by lipslikecherries

well as for the who the reason for smashing up the instruments was the band didn't no how to end there show to bring the crowd back... Hendrix was he wonted to have a fab ending to his set, he also played the guitar behind is back and played it with his teeth great showman...

maybe I`ll reinvent myself as I`ve been seeking out newer outlets to rework within my ability admit I`ve never will now all the answers... but all the questions... is there any other times to be more seeking the laborious lavish lease of a lifeline, there will be a better outlook somewhere, somehow someday well maybe or maybe not no one really now`s... I`ve been a sponge for all of the musicians, art, actors and writers where I`ve always found the exodus of realties of life bollocks which is a fanatic release of fantastic earthly emotion of pure escapism yeah... which is where I`ve always been most happiest when my world turns upside down and round the down pipe of life, I`m not saying that I`m a brain loser whom looks through rose tinted glasses beliving

I`m see FAIRIES, SUGARY, FAITH, FANTASIZE... life`s as light and darker sides many of the there isn't a ultimate guide to all of the downside, darker shit which will always be THERE...

life is every time go, go going to throw up SHIT EVERYTIME!!!!!!. :depressed::peace:

bullet proof poet is projecting his prognosis of the level of all the broken angels of life`s better vile ends of humanitarian, fuse the hate of race, greed or a GOD... its always the weak and working classes whom suffer the most do we just sit and watch it happen... wonder how or why peace cannot workout any where to close down killing each other like... in any war torn country

around the world we call home, where are the rose tinted glasses now... the broken angels are those of us whom are very trying to hold up being a humanitarian, peace, lost, homeless, children in harms way... its a world of shit within a unsure times of aid for those that need it the MOST... maybe where just like the movie matrix this isn't real its make... or as I`ve said from time to time, where two people within one body, good/evil, sinner/saint you now its Harvey two face DARK/LIGHT the flip of a coin heads or tails which ever you wish it is or isn't is just ?.

of whom is having the flip of the coin at the time... or you may just sit in the middle never flip the coin.. one :depressed::angel: whom is hoping for a little :peace: sometime someday.... :peace:

bullet proof poet is projecting his prognosis of the level of all the broken angels of life`s better vile ends of humanitarian, fuse the hate of race, greed or a GOD... its always the weak and working classes whom suffer the most do we just sit and watch it happen... wonder how or why peace cannot workout any where to close down killing each other like... in any war torn country

around the world we call home, where are the rose tinted glasses now... the broken angels are those of us whom are very trying to hold up being a humanitarian, peace, lost, homeless, children in harms way... its a world of shit within a unsure times of aid for those that need it the MOST... maybe where just like the movie matrix this isn't real its make... or as I`ve said from time to time, where two people within one body, good/evil, sinner/saint you now its Harvey two face DARK/LIGHT the flip of a coin heads or tails which ever you wish it is or isn't is just ?.

of whom is having the flip of the coin at the time... or you may just sit in the middle never flip the coin.. one :depressed::angel: whom is hoping for a little :peace: sometime someday.... :peace:

I understand your upset about this sort of stuff but there are little things which we as individuals can do that might sound silly but are not IF you are in a position to help, so don't think of this as a 'you must do this', it's just the sort of thing I do:

- When I go out for dinner, I always leave a good sized tip. People who wait tables and work kitchens don't make the biggest money in the world so I like to leave a good tip. It brings a smile to their face and you can tell that they generally appreciate it because it makes their life a little bit easier.

- When I order out something to eat or go out for dinner, often I'll order an extra meal and give it to a street hobo or if I have left overs, instead of putting it in the trash, I ask for a doggy bag and give it to someone.

- When someone comes over to my place to repair something (plumber/electrician/driveway paver and so on), I generally like to talk to them to get a better understanding of what life is like for them, and I like to smile and shake their hands and actually listen to them. People pick up on that kind of thing.

- I have always gathered up the clothes of my children as soon as they outgrow it and bring it to a salvation army type place or church because there are people out there with kids who have nothing and they would love to have some clean clothes which is not damaged. And whenever the Mrs gets tired of some clothes that she owns, she does the same.

- Also, during holidays Thanksgiving and Christmas a number of my neighbors in Cow Bay like to sponsor a family in town who needs help with a meal and maybe a few gifts

It’s not perfect, but if everyone did that sort of thing I’m describing, the world would be a better place, don’t sit around waiting for government to do it because you will wait a long time, just do it yourself! Don't be afraid of people, people sometimes feel alone because they think no one cares about them or maybe they don't have someone to talk to. Heck start a pen pal relationship with someone and if it goes to shit, that's okay, find someone else to write to.

I understand your frustration. As a 16 y/o on a low wage, I'm constantly broke with all the books and music I want to buy (and I don't part with my hard-earned money easily, either). Luckily for me there was a new-ish guitar in the family that had never been used, so I didn't have to worry about paying for that.

I'm not a really a Who fan, but I feel I should say one thing in their defence. When you're on stage, in front of hundreds or thousands of people, it gives you one hell of an adrenalin kick. This is something I've only encountered on a small scale, but Robert P has spoken of this, as have many other musicians. You need to do something with that energy, you can't just go home and go to bed. One thing you can do, I guess, is to smash your instruments up. Is this the best way to release the adrenalin? Well, no. It is unfair on the people in the audience who'd do anything to be able to afford a guitar (or who work hard and are saving up for one) and who have helped you be able to afford your equipment in the first place. Without fans a band would be nowhere, and just as broke as they are.

So though I don't think they should have acted that way as often as they did, I don't think it was just childish fun.

Charles and jimjam, I agree with both of you. I fully recognize that the Who were a great band: They had a LOT of great songs and put on a great stage show, but for whatever reason they (and their music) never really "clicked" with me. Their instrument smashing habits also bothered me a bit -- it seemed gratuitous and unnecessary.

...So though I don't think they should have acted that way as often as they did, I don't think it was just childish fun...

It wasn't. Like many British rockers of his generation, Pete Townshend attended art school. One of the concepts he picked up at Ealing Art School was "creative destruction". He decided the Who should incorporate it into their stage act and the rest, as they say, is history.