DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

Hmmm Charles Dickens good call, which novel where you thing of... if your having trouble with my Editorial, just explain to me what it is you are

having trouble understanding the English Language, I`m writing down so I can help you comprehend me, or as Strider wrote.

You don`t comprehend GEEK-SPEAK? whatever that is, trying to say wink wink yes. oh that should have been.

you wrote "talk in language we can comprehend" that should read

" talk in A language we can comprehend"

sorry you didn't like the last post of mine.

well hmm well, the to do lists are growing larger, oh so you now what I`m going on and on about its the geeky bit of me. I have list for reading, music, museums, art gallery`s, movies and ?.

now you see the bigger picture of geefreak so within my space in my home there is a stack of cd`s/vinyl`s, books and movies. then list to go to look around gallery`s/ museums. oh list to on various concerts to attend, variety is the spice of life.. our aristocracy, architecture, renaissance and classical antiquities. the thrill of walking through history, looking around the grand architecture, galleries and museums ooh that's soaking up all the history. the pre-historic or gothic architecture fills me with absolute wonderful joy of being an eyewitness through the time of absolute great art, classical music and architecture. that's part of the reason I jump at the chance of visiting the many stately homes, pre-historic places around this county I call home.

add to all of this the one thing we`ll all share music the many styles or scenes within this thing call music, I `ll have a foot in all the styles/scenes... going back to the history one of the places no matter how many times I`ve seen it its still amazing sight to see H. M. S Great Britten, Mary Rose and H. M. S Victory... I`ve been reading the book Jambands by Dean Budnick great info .... its also point me into music/ musicians whom I may never gotten into.... I`m big tennis fan so I`m watching Wimbledon 2014, come on Andy... big disappointment in the 2014 world cup an early exit this is the worst finish since 1957... or 1958 ??. maybe euro`s 2016 LOL... right its getting to boring all this sport talking... the visiting of the above also done whilst I`m visiting somewhere whilst I`m on holiday I`ve been to New York, Boston, Vermont, OZ and Canada on few trips which I`ve full enjoyed... its a great feeling seeking out all of the countries HISTORY. there are many other parts of this planet I`ve been to visit also which have added there history to in rich my lifetime. its also an amazing feeling when the local people seek to help you get more knowledge and history with you, one of the most moving was in OZ, visiting the Jewish Museum, two of the Jewish people sharing his story of the HOLOCAUST, to this I`m very grateful they choice to talk to me, seeing the ???? Holocaust sorry don`t now what to write. so all call it sorry stuff, I was crying whilst looking at the children `s clothes, how could one human do that to another HUMAN BEING... to finish on a happy note the female sat with me and my wife having a coffee Her great grandson came in sat down an told so his view of his happy times with his great grandmother oh and father whom also was in a camp, be time we left I was smile about the young mans stories...

It sounds like you have a very exciting and fulfilling life geekfreak! I have been to a Holocaust Museum before. It is very sad. I have also met a survivor of Auschwitz. He was a pre-teen at the time. His little brother was shot to death shortly after arriving at the concentration camp. His work in the camp was pulling gold teeth or retrieving any thing of value off the deceased bodies. Very sad. I wept a lot for him.

I had a very bad day today. The last couple hours have been filled with feelings of hurt, anxiety, worry. Tears of unhappiness and tears of joy! And this is what I am deeply thinking about: It doesn't matter how hard we try to avoid unhappiness, bad stuff, evil, it always creeps it ways in. It's like this stuff knows when you're happy and it sticks to you and tries to suck all the happiness right out of you! But instead of giving into it I fight harder for happiness! I want love and happiness and understanding dang it! There is nothing more valuable in this life in my mind.

Edited by lipslikecherries

thanks for understanding geek-speak... its wonderful when the survivors of the Holocaust talk to you about there experience... one day I`ll tell the life of the gentleman whom shared his experience... its a moving experience, life is for living or as I say get busy living or get busy dieing ...

I had the opposite experience many years ago, I was walking through Liverpool city centre, a youth was sitting on the floor with a dog and a sign "Hungry and homeless" I didn't have any money on me, but I had a large Mars bar, I offered it to him and he told me to "fuck off I don't want your food" so I took it back and went on my way. Also a Liverpool local radio broadcaster who regularly took people in need to local cafes and bought them meals once said that most of them ask for his money instead of food. Just another side to the story.

I`ve been in my local town where most of the homeless, just smile and say thank you, the ones I`ve given food/drink have never told me to f*** Off!. also none have asked me just for money,

to be honest I`ve never been asked by the homeless for ANYTHING, most of the homeless sell the Issue magazine, you must have meet one homeless on a bad day... that's the reason I`ve

be a fan of the band THUNDER at there show the ask you to bring tin foods to donate to shelter... listen to the song just another day in paradise Phil Collins... when I`m help out at my local Christmas dinner for the homeless I feel really good with my little in put, by putting others FRIST... its worst for the homeless at winter time there is a clothes run here for the homeless...

which helps them through the cold weather also the local town open up a b&b over the winter time to... in other way of looking at this it could be YOU... :peace:

I had the opposite experience many years ago, I was walking through Liverpool city centre, a youth was sitting on the floor with a dog and a sign "Hungry and homeless" I didn't have any money on me, but I had a large Mars bar, I offered it to him and he told me to "fuck off I don't want your food" so I took it back and went on my way. Also a Liverpool local radio broadcaster who regularly took people in need to local cafes and bought them meals once said that most of them ask for his money instead of food. Just another side to the story.

That is a shame, I haven't had that experience yet, and hope not to. This morning I took my daughter out for breakfast, and we ordered an extra meal to go and we gave it to someone again. I have done well in life, not super rich or anything, but well enough to buy an extra meal and give it to someone who needs it. We should all try and do this sort of thing. It promotes understanding of those who are in rough times

I just bought a lunch for some dude today living on the street. It felt good seeing the smile on his face when I handed him a burger, salad, and large bottle of water. More people should try this on the forum. Tag. who is next?

:)

Where I live they arrest the homeless for loitering. It's very sad. But occassionally I get the opportunity to feed someone. Most recently about a month ago. It does feel good.

I used to see this woman sitting near a gas station each day on my way to and from school. (this is before they began arresting the homeless) One day I stopped into the store and bought her some chips, crackers, water and Gatorade and brought it to her. She must have had mental illness because she was talking to herself. She didn't even know I was there, so I just left it for her and went on my way. It was a good lesson - we need to care for others because some are incapable of caring for themselves.

That's terrible Plantpothead. He wasn't very hungry, now was he!

I`ve been in my local town where most of the homeless, just smile and say thank you, the ones I`ve given food/drink have never told me to f*** Off!. also none have asked me just for money,

to be honest I`ve never been asked by the homeless for ANYTHING, most of the homeless sell the Issue magazine, you must have meet one homeless on a bad day... that's the reason I`ve

be a fan of the band THUNDER at there show the ask you to bring tin foods to donate to shelter... listen to the song just another day in paradise Phil Collins... when I`m help out at my local Christmas dinner for the homeless I feel really good with my little in put, by putting others FRIST... its worst for the homeless at winter time there is a clothes run here for the homeless...

which helps them through the cold weather also the local town open up a b&b over the winter time to... in other way of looking at this it could be YOU... :peace:

Great post geekfreak!

Many homeless die where I am from during the winters.

That is a shame, I haven't had that experience yet, and hope not to. This morning I took my daughter out for breakfast, and we ordered an extra meal to go and we gave it to someone again. I have done well in life, not super rich or anything, but well enough to buy an extra meal and give it to someone who needs it. We should all try and do this sort of thing. It promotes understanding of those who are in rough times

Great post! Thank you for doing for others, Charles J. White. :)

I was wondering who was Jack Handy?. is there any one whom is fed up of trying to be a part of the human race when you are none sensible ,fellow so called human beings... its all of that

realities Bollocks!. I`m never going to say that I`ve been a candidate of REALITIES LIFE, all those rules... :peace:

I`ve been find out about a great duo they been around for a few years now, but there new to my ears, they are Rodrigo Y Gabrila is there anyone else whom as been listening for some time able to point me to the place to start obtaining there music... at this time I`m chillin` to Wagner opera, which is cool to me... chillumpuffer thanks for there the same but the same whom are they, is it a joke or ? the full answer would be nice or my grey cell will go into melt down, trying to work it out... LOL. its only three more shifts to the weekend as of now no plans for anything

other than chilli out BIG style both days oh boy wow we, two days of total chilli out time that's going to be heaven hopefully sun will be shining, BBQ music and a cool ice cool drink or ?, add a

good book to read in the sun its never gets any better than THAT, oh unless you win the Lotto £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££, but I`ll see pigs flying first LOL... there I go again grumpy old git!. found out I`ve gotten until my 67th birthday to WORK. they have put up bollocks... you think you gotten a plan of action than some git puts the boot in, that says it all, gotten to work for the boss man, need all these ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in my bank... hmm apart from listening to music at home, I`ve not been albe to listen to it anywhere else, I`ll have to dig out the ark LOL, personnel cd player so at break time I`ll chilli out for 40 mins or so... still as the crow flies it well be Christmas before we now it, oh goody goody

shops, traffic, bars, café`s and parking spaces arrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!. bar humbug LOL... still I sit and wait for the hospital appointment to arrive, no grumpy old git get off your soap box, play nicely...

where oh where will there be a happy old git me... I`ll vote 2027 maybe LOL... oh well my mates are all enjoying there summer holidays around planet earth, I`ll keep bring up the rear to keep the flag flying high for the bosses of the working people... its a killer here in the company where I `m working moving new machines in the area where I earn my ££££, so its NOISEY... I`ll better get that player out... :depressed::angel::peace:

I just bought a lunch for some dude today living on the street. It felt good seeing the smile on his face when I handed him a burger, salad, and large bottle of water. More people should try this on the forum. Tag. who is next?

It sounds like Plantpothead's homeless in the U.K. are more aggro than the ones CJW deals with in Canada. There is no right or wrong reaction here, as different people have different experiences with dealing with the homeless and the beggars in their communities. Your reaction may also depend on why you give money or food to the poor in the first place...to help them or to merely feel good about yourself and make you look good in front of others?

There are probably many here on the forum who give to the less-fortunate. They just do it in their own quiet way.

I have experienced both types of reactions: the ones that are grateful and the ones that refuse food and just want money for drugs. Frankly, in Hollywood we get some very rude, assaultive types of street beggars and homeless...one even killed a tourist last year. What is even sadder is that many of them lounge around with these poor dogs. They can't even take care of themselves and then they expect to take care of a dog, too?

I used to see this guy with no hands, who would walk up and down Hollywood Blvd. barefoot and in tatters, raging against anything and anyone. I felt sorry for him and figured he was some poor damaged veteran with PTSD. Turns out he was a white-supremacist racist who blew off his own hands trying to bomb some black family's house.

Edited by Strider

I`ve been find out about a great duo they been around for a few years now, but there new to my ears, they are Rodrigo Y Gabrila is there anyone else whom as been listening for some time able to point me to the place to start obtaining there music...

As both Lewis Carroll and Glinda the Good Witch would tell you, it is best to start at the beginning. Therefore, 2002's "re-Foc", 2004's "Live: Manchester and Dublin", and 2006's "Rodrigo y Gabriela" are the prime records to start with. And should you ever get a chance to see them perform live, don't waste the opportunity.