Did Led Zeppelin write any songs between 1979-1980?

RoundingRover

• 4 weeks later...

There is a possibility that some instrumental jamming took place during the "Over Europe" rehearsals in April and May 1980, but the introductions of new ideas were generally done by Page and at this point his well had already begun to dry up somewhat.

ALL this crap talk i read on this site re: Page & his creativity! SHAME ON EVERYONE!

I also remember many people saying PLANT didnt have a voice that could "rockout" like in the zep days!

Well NOBODY will ever say THAT again!

Because he SLAMMED all the doubters & COMMANDED the respect of EVERYONE by singing with "amazing" power in 2007!

listen to "KASHMIR live at the 02" & feel your jaw drop! (even if you never doubted his voice)

PAGE will soon make ALL of you loose your street cred !

your doubts are ALL still on here for us to read !

• 2 weeks later...

There is a possibility that some instrumental jamming took place during the "Over Europe" rehearsals in April and May 1980, but the introductions of new ideas were generally done by Page and at this point his well had already begun to dry up somewhat.

i don't know about that. Death Wish 2 was released in 1982 and in my opinion had some of Jimmy Page's most creative music he's ever recorded..

This is slightly off topic ….but what the hell…. Last night, I spotted in a Robert Plant Biography, (sorry I didn't catch the title) at Barnes and Noble (I was there once again looking for the Classic Rock issue with Jimmy on the cover.. which is still not in…) Anyway, It stated that John Paul Jones was working on a solo album before Zeppelin regrouped in late 1978. This is supposedly why he had so much material ready to go for In Through The Out Door.. I'd never heard this before. I always thought he was just really inspired in the studio by playing his new amazing state of the art Yamaha Synthesizer. Has anyone else ever heard this before ??

This is slightly off topic ….but what the hell…. Last night, I spotted in a Robert Plant Biography, (sorry I didn't catch the title) at Barnes and Noble (I was there once again looking for the Classic Rock issue with Jimmy on the cover.. which is still not in…) Anyway, It stated that John Paul Jones was working on a solo album before Zeppelin regrouped in late 1978. This is supposedly why he had so much material ready to go for In Through The Out Door.. I'd never heard this before. I always thought he was just really inspired in the studio by playing his new amazing state of the art Yamaha Synthesizer. Has anyone else ever heard this before ??

first ive ever heard this!

who wrote this bio?

read us this paragraph/ quote or ? .please!

I was under the impression that Jimmy had come up with the riff and idea of "Shake My Tree" during the In Through The Out Door sessions and the song was recorded for Coverdale Page instead?

Correct. I still remember Jimmy saying that about that riff on the album network's world premiere of Coverdale-Page.

> Anyway, It stated that John Paul Jones was working on a solo album before Zeppelin regrouped in late 1978. This is supposedly why he had so much material ready to go for In Through The Out Door.. I'd never heard this before. I always thought he was just really inspired in the studio by playing his new amazing state of the art Yamaha Synthesizer. Has anyone else ever heard this before ??

Wow, very plausible indeed.

• 3 months later...

I was under the impression that Jimmy had come up with the riff and idea of "Shake My Tree" during the In Through The Out Door sessions and the song was recorded for Coverdale Page instead? Perhaps it was another song I'm thinking of.

Correct. I still remember Jimmy saying that about that riff on the album network's world premiere of Coverdale-Page.

Thank you, I thought that was the case but had thought perhaps I had it confused with something else

I'm pretty sure Jimmy had actually played the riffs from "Shake My Tree" numerous times, and no one had shown much interest, or tried

To play along. Kind of shows you that Jimmy was a mild leader, not some dictator.

It really is a great song

I was under the impression that Jimmy had come up with the riff and idea of "Shake My Tree" during the In Through The Out Door sessions and the song was recorded for Coverdale Page instead? Perhaps it was another song I'm thinking of.

He brought the riff to the band members during the ITTOD sessions but only Bonzo was interested it developing the piece further. It ended up as Shake My Tree on the Coverdale/Page LP.

Archived