Theodore Robert Bundy

kingzoso

Anyone on this forum know or have read anything about this Mass Serial Murderer? Ted Bundy may be the most prolific, intelligent, cold and calculated murderer of women in the history of Serial Killers in the history of the United States of America. He was executed over 25 years ago for his "brutal" crimes in Florida, however, it seems that his "legacy" has outlived him and eventually us.

Any comments?

Anyone on this forum know or have read anything about this Mass Serial Murderer? Ted Bundy may be the most prolific, intelligent, cold and calculated murderer of women in the history of Serial Killers in the history of the United States of America. He was executed over 25 years ago for his "brutal" crimes in Florida, however, it seems that his "legacy" has outlived him and eventually us.

Any comments?

Why would you want to give this moron any kind of recognition?

Let him fade into obscurity.

Do you even know what legacy means?

Mel

Why would you want to give this moron any kind of recognition?

Let him fade into obscurity.

Do you even know what legacy means?

First of all, I do know what "legacy" means.

Second, how can someone as "evil" and "vile" fade into obscurity when there a dozens of books, presentations, annual FBI seminars, etc... about this person? I merely started a "topic" about what others may have or do know about him. Do you know what the acronym FBI means?

If this "topic" is not to your liking, you have the choice as to not reply. That makes since to you, doesn't it? Also, if this topic is really that bad, then it could and can be removed by the "higher ups" that monitor and control this Awesome Led Zeppelin Website. I would have NO problem if that would be the case. I merely asked a question that will provide answers and insights to an unfortunate topic/subject.

I realize that you are an aussie, so I really do not expect you to relate to a lot of things that happen (past, present and future) here in the Great and Powerful UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

By the way, is it a fact or not a fact, that Australia was once established as an island to house the English criminals and criminally insane? The English were smart enough to "deport" these criminals to an island thousands of miles away. If this is the case (and I think it is) maybe the United States Justice System should have sent Ted Bundy to either Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or the capitol or Canberra.

I realize that you are an aussie, so I really do not expect you to relate to a lot of things that happen (past, present and future) here in the Great and Powerful UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Reading this sentence made me realize that we can't relate to Led Zeppelin, since they were an English group of musicians.

Damn.

First of all, I do know what "legacy" means.

Second, how can someone as "evil" and "vile" fade into obscurity when there a dozens of books, presentations, annual FBI seminars, etc... about this person? I merely started a "topic" about what others may have or do know about him. Do you know what the acronym FBI means?

If this "topic" is not to your liking, you have the choice as to not reply. That makes since to you, doesn't it? Also, if this topic is really that bad, then it could and can be removed by the "higher ups" that monitor and control this Awesome Led Zeppelin Website. I would have NO problem if that would be the case. I merely asked a question that will provide answers and insights to an unfortunate topic/subject.

By the way, is it a fact or not a fact, that Australia was once established as an island to house the English criminals and criminally insane? The English were smart enough to "deport" these criminals to an island thousands of miles away. If this is the case (and I think it is) maybe the United States Justice System should have sent Ted Bundy to either Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or the capitol or Canberra.

You asked for thoughts and I gave mine.

Don't like my reply, tough shit.

Btw, Legacy means something left behind and is almost always something positive, not the results of some psycho killer.

The media are to blame along with all these people who find some kind of weird attraction to serial killers and constantly under the guise of working out what made him do it etc, to perpetuate his notoriety.

Once again you attack me and my country, like the small minded xenophobe you are.

There were British Penal Colonies in the US before they were established here in Australia, learn your own history before giving other's lessons.

They were sent here for petty crimes, insane criminals were locked away in England or hanged.

Point of interest, here in Australia after many had finished their sentences and a lot who were still serving, were given land to farm and became "free settlers" and the British left without the need of a major conflict. There were a few skirmishes but nothing on the scale of America in both the Battle for Independence and the Civil War.

Federal Bureau of Investigation.

What does the acronym CIB stand for?

I can relate to a lot of what happens in America and Americans, some I admire and some just defy common sense and logic.

You my friend come under the latter group!

The CAPITAL of Australia is Canberra in the A.C.T.

Use spell check once in a while.

Cheers.

As far as to serial killers in the US:

Gary Ridgway made more victims (also just females)

Here are some more loons, just to satisfy your curiousity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_number_of_victims#Serial_killers_with_the_highest_known_victim_count

Regards,

Dr. Hannibal Lecter.

(Gotta go, I have some friends for dinner)

Texas is the state that elected Rick Perry governor. It also gave us George W. Bush. I have wondered for a long time what is wrong with the people there. Is it the educational system?

As for Ted Bundy, I recall reading some info a long time ago that suggested he was a child abuse survivor with bipolar disorder.

Any comments?

He was intelligent but his success as a killer of women was due mostly because most women are a bit daffy and easily lured into dangerous situations. A nice smile and friendly tone and then "BANG" you have them in a sack in the trunk of your car. I have watched a ton of women allow themselves to be approached by strangers. I ride the bus home from work late at night and any man who wants to be a predator has a million opportunities. I think that with Bundy most of his success had to do with hiding the evidence linking the deeds to him. That is the true success behind a serial killer---- annonimity over a longer period of time. But in terms of getting women into a sack; not very hard to do; women are just that easy to make victims of. Look how many allow their husbands and boyfriends to smack them around and they don't leave.

Living in the Pacific Northwest ...Bundy's name and that of the Green River killer ( Gary Ridgeway) were a constant on our newscasts. The only "legacy" I hope for that comes from either of these animals is that women and young girls learn , learn, learn to never ever trust a stranger no matter how friendly or unassuming they may seem. In this day and age of cellphones...if .someone asks you for "help" you say you'll call someone for them. If they keep after you....call 911. I vividly remember walking home from school around the age of 15 or so and a nice man pulled up in a convertible and asked me if I wanted a ride. My parents taught me well and I watched the news every night....I said no thank you looking straight ahead and kept walking . He rode along the street as I walked and asked me again. That time I didn't even answer and just kept walking ....he then sped away.

Sex trade workers...university students....it didn't matter....they made that split second wrong decision that cost them their lives.

I abhor the fascination that so many people seem to have with serial killers -- it's disgusting. However, I took an abnormal psychology class at university -- right around the time of Bundy's execution -- where our professor talked a lot about Bundy, who apparently killed at least 40 women, and may have killed as many as 100. The Bundy case horrified me -- I had never previously heard of Bundy.

Also, I'm friends with a young woman who is studying at university to be a profiler -- her goal is to be a police or FBI profiler -- and her aim is to stop and apprehend crazed animals like Bundy. I support and applaud her.

Any comments?

I have to agree with Reggie that "legacy" is not the right word for what this sick asshole did..

He's notorious for atrocious acts.. along the lines of John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer The Hillside Stranglers etc...

The word legacy is mostly used to describe a successful line of events..

Led Zeppelin has a legacy as does The Boston Celtics etc .. Nothing positive at all about the evil Ted Bundy ...

The only comment I have is I wish forensic science was as good 30 years ago as it is now..

He would have been stopped and put down years earlier..

Damn dude. I thought you were out to lunch before this thread. Now at 3 am ish in the morning you are thinking about Ted Bundy rather than your baseball team? maybe I had best worry about you? :dont: :run:

I saw the movie with Harmon. I know alot about Bundy and the rest of the psycho's. I have more of a fetish for prison escapes. Love watching them

I have to agree with Reggie that "legacy" is not the right word for what this sick asshole did..

He's notorious for atrocious acts.. along the lines of John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer The Hillside Stranglers etc...

The word legacy is mostly used to describe a successful line of events..

Led Zeppelin has a legacy as does The Boston Celtics etc .. Nothing positive at all about the evil Ted Bundy ...

The only comment I have is I wish forensic science was as good 30 years ago as it is now..

He would have been stopped and put down years earlier..

Okay, I will admit that I made a mistake in using the word "legacy" and Ted Bundy in the same sentence or whatever. I also see that a few people have expressed the disdain or abhorrence to this type of topic and that is fine with me. However, some people like Myself seem to find these type of sick, twisted, demented, etc... interesting. Apparently other people do too because books like, The Stranger Besides Me (Bundy), The Night Stalker (Richard Ramirez) and Helter Skelter (Manson), sell millions of copies.

He was intelligent but his success as a killer of women was due mostly because most women are a bit daffy and easily lured into dangerous situations.

If you see the amount of male victims that were made by many of the murderers in the list that theory does not work.

If it is in the murderers mind to kill women, he will do anything to get women. Ditto counts for male victims.

In the murderer's mind "his design" has to be followed and done to give him the satisfaction he needs.

So a guy who only wants to kill men will only try to get male victims, even if women would be "easier targets".

The more his experience grows, the better he will know how to select the victim...........and sometimes it's just a lucky shot.

Okay, I will admit that I made a mistake in using the word "legacy" and Ted Bundy in the same sentence or whatever. I also see that a few people have expressed the disdain or abhorrence to this type of topic and that is fine with me. However, some people like Myself seem to find these type of sick, twisted, demented, etc... interesting. Apparently other people do too because books like, The Stranger Besides Me (Bundy), The Night Stalker (Richard Ramirez) and Helter Skelter (Manson), sell millions of copies.

He was not the only one of these nut jobs. Gacy, Dahmer, and even our homegrown monster Shawcross, and and there is the Green River Killer. The ones that interest me the most are those that were never caught. The most famous Jack the Ripper, and then you have the Zodiac Killer and here in Rochester the double initial killer from the 70's. Three girls abducted and killed. Their initials were CC, WW, MM. Some thought that it added up to Come With Me. Pretty scary shit. Then they just stopped just like with the Zodiak. We likely will never solve Jack the Ripper or the Black Dahlia. The trail is now too cold for Jack the Ripper. They have some names that they believe could have been him. But there is no certainty. Solving that Jack the Ripper crime was the Holy Grail of all murder mysteries. The Zodiac is right up there. And he could still be alive.

Texas is the state that elected Rick Perry governor. It also gave us George W. Bush. I have wondered for a long time what is wrong with the people there. Is it the educational system?

Really ??? Just a tad to general of a statement. ...don't you think?

Bundy was a monster. I think most who glorify killers like this don't have children. Once I had my daughters (Edit), ...anyway...once they were born, monsters like bundy, manson, gacey, ect.. sicken me, even more then they did before being a father.

I agree with reswati. Most of the serial killers target women because they're heterosexual males, but the gay male serial killers don't seem to have had more trouble luring victims. The fact of life is there is no way to be completely safe unless you refuse to leave your home and never have any type of relations with anyone. Women have been murdered by husbands and boyfriends and raped by men who they were "set up with" by friends who assured them the men were "nice guys" whom they knew. It is impossible for the average person to know what another person is really like.

If you see the amount of male victims that were made by many of the murderers in the list that theory does not work.
If it is in the murderers mind to kill women, he will do anything to get women. Ditto counts for male victims.
In the murderer's mind "his design" has to be followed and done to give him the satisfaction he needs.
So a guy who only wants to kill men will only try to get male victims, even if women would be "easier targets".
The more his experience grows, the better he will know how to select the victim...........and sometimes it's just a lucky shot.

He was intelligent but his success as a killer of women was due mostly because most women are a bit daffy and easily lured into dangerous situations. A nice smile and friendly tone and then "BANG" you have them in a sack in the trunk of your car. I have watched a ton of women allow themselves to be approached by strangers. I ride the bus home from work late at night and any man who wants to be a predator has a million opportunities. I think that with Bundy most of his success had to do with hiding the evidence linking the deeds to him. That is the true success behind a serial killer---- annonimity over a longer period of time. But in terms of getting women into a sack; not very hard to do; women are just that easy to make victims of. Look how many allow their husbands and boyfriends to smack them around and they don't leave.

Just have to step in here.....and I know this sounds like a really bad country song title but.... " my ex still lives in Texas....( Austin) and before we were married I spent some time down in both Austin and Dallas. Great places and great people were whom I mostly met !! Went to a great club in Dallas in the Deep Ellum area and Austin had the best music scene back then as well. ( ex is a musician....)

I have met many a moron in my own city and in various places I have visited....but thankfully the nice outweigh the fools...

I apologize; I didn't mean the entire population of Texas. I have known intelligent Texans. But they seem to be outnumbered.

Oops!!!

Sorry Scarlet...I should have kept scrolling before I posted!

I knew what you meant though and that it wasn't aimed at the entire State! ;)

Archived