Is Jimmy 'not up to it'?

curseddiamond

All I can say is that I have been to numerous parties where someone mentioned that I play guitar. Curses, a guitar was around and now

I was obligated to be a human jukebox.

THAT is GREAT. Nothing wrong with being at a party and being a human jukebox. It makes a party that much better when people or someone picks up a guitar and people start to sing and so on.

I believe both my viewpoint and your others are of value. I am slightly surprised, though, that no mention was made that Page often

started shows, even early on, on shaky technical ground. Just check the boots !!!

He's admitted in interviews that he has always suffered from stage fright. This could account for why he often started shows a little shaky but settled down as the set went on. I've always suffered from stage fright when I have to speak in public; something my jobs at universities required me to do on a regular basis. I coped with it by being as well prepared as possible. Even now, with years of experience under my belt, I don't like speaking off the cuff.

The thing about being a guitar player at a party depends on many things. Many girls will ask you to play some current or past

top 40 hit. Not my thing. I know a ton of Zeppelin, but who can sing that ??? I am most at home improvising in tunings or playing

Originals. Of course I like to entertain, but I tend to have a dim view of wedding musicians, etc. Following the money/popularity

is not my main concern in music. Quality is. Sorry to sound above it all.

• 3 weeks later...

If I remember correctly Jimmy was standing holding the guitar with NO STRAP. This means that you are using a not small amount of

muscle from your right hand just to support the guitar. This could trip anybody up. Sitting, or standing with a strap makes playing a

much more equilibriated undertaking. File this under : Not Applicable.

The rationalizations of Jimmy Page apologists never cease to amaze me.

You know, I can't stand you and your political views.

So stop posting shit like this that I totally agree with!! I can't be agreeing with you man, the universes/dimensions might collide and it won't end well...

I don't see the above as being apologist just a statement of the obvious... I dont see how being put on the spot on a tv show where he had no clue he was going to play much less with a guitar hes not used to is grounds for he's not up to it...

When presented the opportunity to play he quickly appeased...it was not a performance so he didnt put much into it which again the situation didn't call for blood and sweat to be pooring from him... none of us should take it as a representation of Page as a player... In other words its poor evidence of Page not being up to it...Personally watching the video showed me a little of how he chords the song

I don't see the above as being apologist just a statement of the obvious... I don't see how being put on the spot on a tv show where he had no clue he was going to play much less with a guitar hes not used to is grounds for he's not up to it...

His non-existent solo output over the last 15 years answers if he's up to it (he ain't), the Paris tv debacle merely affirms it.

His non-existent solo output over the last 15 years answers if he's up to it (he ain't), the Paris tv debacle merely affirms it.

It appears Steve has a rather low bar for what is considered a debacle.

i don't mean to be sarcastic, but a man of his alleged capabilities can't even show up once in a while like he and JPJ did with Foo Fighters! Can't produce someone else's album or play guest guitar on someone else's album?

I can't see a new JP release anytime soon, and live playing is an absolute fantasy. I do believe he is done, like the guy from Oasis said, JPs only task in life is the constant re-releasing of the Zep catalogue. JPs self proclaimed deadline for "later this year" for new music and playing will come and go like the rest.

Sad, when you see a guy like BB King doing albums with Clapton and still touring in HIS later years.

i don't mean to be sarcastic, but a man of his alleged capabilities can't even show up once in a while like he and JPJ did with Foo Fighters! Can't produce someone else's album or play guest guitar on someone else's album?

I can't see a new JP release anytime soon, and live playing is an absolute fantasy. I do believe he is done, like the guy from Oasis said, JPs only task in life is the constant re-releasing of the Zep catalogue. JPs self proclaimed deadline for "later this year" for new music and playing will come and go like the rest.

Sad, when you see a guy like BB King doing albums with Clapton and still touring in HIS later y

Given the lifestyle he is once led, Jimmy Page is lucky to still be alive at the age of 71. It sucks for his fans that he no longer performs concerts, composes new music or produces other artists' albums. It probably sucks even more for him. However, Page achieved huge success as a young man. He has enough money to live very comfortably for the rest of his life. His children manage to stay out of the tabloids. How much more good fortune is one man entitled to in life?

Given the lifestyle he is once led, Jimmy Page is lucky to still be alive at the age of 71. It sucks for his fans that he no longer performs concerts, composes new music or produces other artists' albums. It probably sucks even more for him. However, Page achieved huge success as a young man. He has enough money to live very comfortably for the rest of his life. His children manage to stay out of the tabloids. How much more good fortune is one man entitled to in life?

That's it! You have hit it square on the head. Page should have his own reality show, it could be called Page's Predicament and every show would feature a wacky situation Jimmy has to endure or solve. He already has the feud with Robbie Williams, just bring in a camera crew and a producer and we can have Robbie show up going all ape-shit screaming at Jimmy for trying to torpedo his housing expansion.Then, later that day, we see Jimmy in full wizard / magic regalia chanting some spell which will make Mr. Williams junk fall off.

I tell ya, this could be gold!

I agree completely with what you say.

Did he achieve astounding success? Yep. Did he do lotsa drugs and debauchery as a young man? Apparently so! (Lucky bastard, on the debauchery part). And yeah, anytime you can point to your kids and hold your head high, it's a good thing! And we all know he's got lots of money, we keep giving it to him!

Now it's a "debacle"? What, did his pants fall down while he was strumming?!?

That's it! You have hit it square on the head.He already has the feud with Robbie Williams, just bring in a camera crew and a producer and we can have Robbie show up going all ape-shit screaming at Jimmy for trying to torpedo his housing expansion.Then, later that day, we see Jimmy in full wizard / magic regalia chanting some spell which will make Mr. Williams junk fall off.

I tell ya, this could be gold!

post-1183-0-66350300-1431997688_thumb.jp

Page should have his own reality show, it could be called Page's Predicament and every show would feature a wacky situation Jimmy has to endure or solve.

He could visit here for that. :tomato:

Page may well not be up to it but the Paris tragedy as sad as it was is barking up the wrong tree. Like handing a drummer a pair of

chopsticks. Maybe Page should never appear in public again. Actually I"m not sure if I have ever seen

a performer make such a fool of himself. Ha Ha Ha I hope people realize the barbed wire they are

throwing Page into.

Page may well not be up to it but the Paris tragedy as sad as it was is barking up the wrong tree. Like handing a drummer a pair of

chopsticks. Maybe Page should never appear in public again. Actually I"m not sure if I have ever seen

a performer make such a fool of himself. Ha Ha Ha I hope people realize the barbed wire they are

throwing Page into.

I guess you never saw the footage of Grace Slick during the Airplanes gig at Hamburg, June 17th, 1978.

You know, I can't stand you and your political views.

:goodpost:

It appears Steve has a rather low bar for what is considered a debacle.

Now it's a "debacle"? What, did his pants fall down while he was strumming?!?

It's a debacle, y'all!

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/7ycyri/fifty-shades-of-graham

attachicon.gifspringer_6-1.jpg

He could visit here for that. :tomato:

:lol:;)

Actually his pants did fall down while he was strumming, but thanks to the folks at CGI only the fans physically present saw the debacle.

And P Grant came out of his tomb to make every person attending the debacle sign a gag order concerning the debacle under

penalty of locked trailer beating by him and John Bindon.

Actually his pants did fall down while he was strumming, but thanks to the folks at CGI only the fans physically present saw the debacle.

And P Grant came out of his tomb to make every person attending the debacle sign a gag order concerning the debacle under

penalty of locked trailer beating by him and John Bindon.

Poltergeist 8 - The Revenge of the Oakland Three, with the ghost of Grant, Bindon, and Bonham putting the beat down on, well, anyone really. All we need is Scooby Doo.

A shame I am a computer quadriplegic. I could upload 50+ much worse train wrecks from Page from the 77' tour(of course audio only)

than this supposed "disaster". I personally don't think it would take Page more than a few months of personal practicing a few hours a day

to get tip-top. But grooving with a band, getting meaningful jams together, establishing real chemistry can sometimes be

wild cards or intangibles.

I enjoyed the 2007 O2 concert. So, leaving that 2007 concert out of this discussion:

When was the last time Page performed a "wow" performance in public with an electirc guitar. I'm speaking of where Page is playing lead. I'm *not* speaking of instances where Page was playing some "great rhythm guitar", or in some "back-up" capacity.

When ????

Archived