2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Light schedule in the MLB today--I was pleasantly surprised by last night; going in I wasn't expecting the sweep. As Rick likes to often (wisely) point out, it's tough to sweep any team & I'm definitely not looking for a 4-game broom job vs. the Fish, but 3 out of 4 would not be bad. If the Mets can tread water while Wright is out of the lineup and we can get just enough offense to go with that starting rotation, I would feel really good about the Mets going forward.

And, I would think--despite their early struggles--that the Nats will eventually get their shit together.

What I think will be a big series in the American League--O's and Sawx, 4-game set; play ball....

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

Light schedule in the MLB today--I was pleasantly surprised by last night; going in I wasn't expecting the sweep. As Rick likes to often (wisely) point out, it's tough to sweep any team & I'm definitely not looking for a 4-game broom job vs. the Fish, but 3 out of 4 would not be bad. If the Mets can tread water while Wright is out of the lineup and we can get just enough offense to go with that starting rotation, I would feel really good about the Mets going forward.

And, I would think--despite their early struggles--that the Nats will eventually get their shit together.

What I think will be a big series in the American League--O's and Sawx, 4-game set; play ball....

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jiminez will be ready off a great season debut and I love the O's in game one. Anyway Paul, here is your daily Streak plan for today. Take the following:

KC Royals over the Twinkies at 1 OR Cardinals at 145, think they both win (I got to 5 st and got whacked by the Reds the other night)

Sevile in soccer at 3:05 or Wolfsburg. Like Seville better

NY Rangers in hockey at 7. Take my word for it and lay off the Mets

Probably wont have time to get St Louis in so if you feel lucky maybe the Ducks in hockey late. But no lock The first 3 should get you 3 in a row

^^ Rick, I gave up on the streak after I got to 2 wins, then I picked the Cardinals over the Cubs last week & got whacked. Ah well, I never was much of a gambler anyway....

Paul, its free. If you get to 40 you are a millionaire. If you lose you go back to 1 and try again. You have the time to hit a button every two hours for free so why give up? It will cost you nothing. I have gotten to 15. Then I got stupid. If you are patient you can get a good streak going. do not give up. Take KC at one

Damn it...having Thursday off sucks. Once again the baseball gods deny me. The Angels are on the road and the Dodgers have the day off.

How about driving to San Diego? Or...not...

I was thinking the Twinkies were good for about 100 losses this year, but I didn't see them going 0-162, so the fact that they are beating the Royals doesn't shock me. It happens over the course of a long season--sometimes you just lose to bad teams.

Or when my sorry ass takes a fucking shot. Unreal. KC 7-0 and putting it to me. But its not over when you face the team with the worst ERA in baseball. Not over. I expect a big game from Jiminez tomorrow night. I want to go in there and take 3

Hardy should be back

Edited by LedZeppfan77

^^^Thanks for the tip, ebk...but no, hehe.

I was thinking the Twinkies were good for about 100 losses this year, but I didn't see them going 0-162, so the fact that they are beating the Royals doesn't shock me. It happens over the course of a long season--sometimes you just lose to bad teams.

The Twinkies had as much chance of going 0-162 as the Royals did 162-0.

April baseball is for relaxing and letting teams find their way into the season. Enjoy the green grass and sunshine. There will be plenty of time for over-analyzing every managerial move and reacting to every win and loss later in the season.

It's a 162-game season, folks. Relax and enjoy these early games.

The Giants are reeling and Madison Bumgarner has been getting touched up a bit, but I'm still not going to panic. Even with his struggles, I would still take MadBum over Kershaw in a game that really means something, i.e. the playoffs.

And I still believe in Bochy--or at the very least, if their pattern holds up, the Giants will be World Series champions again in 2016...

The Giants are reeling and Madison Bumgarner has been getting touched up a bit, but I'm still not going to panic. Even with his struggles, I would still take MadBum over Kershaw in a game that really means something, i.e. the playoffs.

And I still believe in Bochy--or at the very least, if their pattern holds up, the Giants will be World Series champions again in 2016...

Give it a hundred games to sort things out. If they're still in the basement by then, then..........................

Stupid Fucking Umpires!!!!

Hehehe! I think that's the first time I've heard you curse! ;)

It's funny, my father-in-law - who's a HUGE sports guy - thinks all officials/umpires are on the take, is now best buds with the head of the MLB umpires Joe West. Ironic, for sure!