2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Good start for the Mets. This Nationals batting lineup looks pretty punchless, for such a "buzzsaw" team. I suppose they have a few guys out with injuries?

Yes, I remember the Mets broadcasters were talking about the Nats missing a few guys, but I'll be damned if I can remember their names. But, I've always heard good pitching will beat good hitting & Colon certainly did the job & the bullpen guys didn't come in & throw gasoline all over the mound, so a good start indeed. Got to come back & get 'em Wednesday however....

How 'bout that...Angels start season off with a loss. Boo.

Well, you were facing the King today. No shame in losing that game, I would think.... smiley-confused002.gif

Yes, I remember the Mets broadcasters were talking about the Nats missing a few guys, but I'll be damned if I can remember their names. But, I've always heard good pitching will beat good hitting & Colon certainly did the job & the bullpen guys didn't come in & throw gasoline all over the mound, so a good start indeed. Got to come back & get 'em Wednesday however....

Well, you were facing the King today. No shame in losing that game, I would think.... smiley-confused002.gif

Yes no shame in losing to the King. I am going to come back and get those Mets Wed. About to check the Marlins score in fear

I just saw the highlights of the O's game... weird play at home plate when it looked like Pearce was out by a mile, but somehow slid under the tag. Fortune smiles sometimes...

Did you see snider throw their guy out at the plate? Wait until my boy Wieters returns and Hardy. Very soon. Chris Davis plays tonight. Expect some balls to be hit over the wall. He is a beast. He is going to crush 50! I love this starting lineup of the Orioles. Tillman, Chen, Gonzalez, Norris, Jiminez and Bundy waiting for his shot. Zach Britton to close games with Tommy Hunter here and there and Brach is a great guy to have as a middle reliever. We are going to be in this thing right to the end.

PS lets see how many gold gloves we win? Jones, Machado, Wieters, Hardy all have s shot

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I expect another Orioles romp tonight--a sweep would be ideal, but taking 2 out of 3 may be the most important thing. Rick, I would advise not betting against the Mets tomorrow--I expect big things from the kid deGrom. Holy crap, I almost forgot, I have to pick a game for the ESPN streak contest. Which way shall I go...

So, I took the O's tonight for my streak contest & so far I'm looking like a genius. 3-0 Baltimore--Rick and ebk must be loving it right now....

By the time I got in the car, it was already 4-zip. Hope it holds up. They seem to score a lot for Chen.

Looks like a little trouble may be brewing for the Orange Birds. I guess it's only human nature to get a bit lazy after building up a 5 or 6 run lead....

Britton strikes out first batter. Needs two outs. Come on. I guess we forgot to mention those pesky Atlanta Braves. Some things never change