2015 NFL Thread

Walter

The autumn wind is a Raider, heh. I was really thinking Peyton Manning would open up a can on Oakland, but maybe there is something to Rick's "AFC West" theory...

Well, technically it's not just Rick's theory...it's been an inside-bettor's theory for years. Always take the points on the home-underdog in games between AFC West teams.

It's halftime and Detroit is losing at home 28-7. Considering they were in the playoffs last year, the Lions have to be one of the most disappointing teams in the NFL this season. I mean, their season is essentially over already...there are no playoffs in their future. 

It starts from the top and flows on downward. Until the Fords are no longer the owners, Detroit will always be failures.

^^ Been too busy watching the Astros game to worry too much about the NFL, and that goes for tonight too when the dog that is the Niners and G-Men play later on. I don't know if in the history of Sunday Night Football on NBC if there have ever been such subpar matchups in consecutive weeks--although, last week's game was better than advertised, so who knows, maybe the G-men won't ramrod the Niners...

Peyton Manning can only muster 6 points so far vs. Da Raidas....

:faint1:

Well, Dallas hung tough for awhile, but the inevitable outcome has come to fruition--makes me wonder if Jerrah and Garrett might contemplate a QB change; not that Matt Cassel would be any big upgrade over Weeden.

I may be on to a clean sweep as far as the afternoon games go--woot, woot!!!

:yes2:

It's like all the east coasters have vanished from the thread...it must be dinnertime back east.

Went out to put up Halloween decorations in the front of the house.  Broke a nice sweat in the process - typical Florida mid-October.

So far I think I've dropped only two games so I'm reasonably happy. 

What I don't understand is why some people can't be bothered to watch games that are considered "mismatches". How can anyone make an informed decision on potential opponents form without actually seeing them play is beyond me. The one constant in sport is the unpredictability of it and the score does not always reflect the whole game, nor does highlights on sports shows and news reports. Basing picks or whatever on hearsay, internet chat or betting agencies is not the most accurate way of disseminating information. It seems it's mostly about their teams rather than the game itself? Each to their own. 

Go the NINERS!

So the Bills finally win a game and Mr. Buffalo isn't around to celebrate and crow about the win?!? Où est Monsieur Rick?

First Strider, old pal, lets talk about how the AFC West Theory worked in theory and depending on your bookie you may have gotten a push?  The colossal head fucks that the Raiders are managed to fuck it up.  Along with Atlanta who also should have murdered the Redskins.   As for my Bills, its no secret they had to play without McCoy, Williams, Watkins and were without their star players at the skilled positions.  Still, as bad as things went early, they shut down the wonder boy Mariotta and skull fucked them in the 4th quarter to get the must win IMO>  Take note, Cincy comes in next week and the line is out.  PICK.    And that is without knowing if they will have McCoy back.  Unlikely.  But Watkins should be a go and Williams, not sure.  We are going to get in  Mark my words.  Got it?

Ah, there you go Rick--I was wondering when the smack talk was coming. That game with the Bengals is in Buffalo, so it's doable, but I wouldn't bet a nickel on the Bills actually doing it--but, stranger things have happened.

And what the hell is going on with the G-Men--they should be burying the Niners right about now...

Where you at, S.A.N.B.R.? Your sad Broncos are going down in the Black Hole! Bwahahaha! :D

Sorry mate, but the best defense in the league pulled us out of the black hole. :D

He's a young guy in Anchorage...he could be up to anything!  :lol: 

Haha, I wish I could say I was doing something cool, but in reality I was working.

Every Sunday! That's me schedule. Which is why I don't participate in these raucus NFL Sunday discussions. 

That's also why I have yet to see a full Denver game this season. Think I'll start going to my dad's and recording their games so I can watch every bad throw that Peyton makes. -_-

Demarcus Ware injured his back in the game, which sucks, but we got Derek Wolfe back from suspension this week, which offsets it somewhat.

Woodson got his hands on BOTH of Peyton's balls Strider! :lol:                         I'm happy for him though, really. I'm not the type of person who focuses solely on their team, and is biased against everyone else. 

Not only did he earn his first career INT against The Sheriff, but he also became the oldest player in league history to get multiple INT's in a game. That's awesome. And made even cooler by the fact that they both came from the '98 Draft; Peyton #1 overall, Charles #4 overall. It's very cool that their paths collided like this at the end of their careers, and a week after Woodson's birthday.

Some of the talking heads on the NFL Network have dubbed the Pats as the best team in the league--I guess so, of course, that cupcake ass schedule they have doesn't hurt, but I'll try not to open that can of worms again....

:rolleyes:

Yeah, not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think I've given just about the best argument you can give on that subject. 

I guess it just comes down to what a person's own opinion on the matter is.

First Strider, old pal, lets talk about how the AFC West Theory worked in theory and depending on your bookie you may have gotten a push?  The colossal head fucks that the Raiders are managed to fuck it up.  

Yes, I took a push on the spread but I won money on taking the Unders, so I came out ahead in the long run. Carr fucked it up with his stupid late interception. I keep thinking he is going to make a leap up to the next level and show he can be a stable starting quarterback for Oakland, but then he has a game like today. As I said earlier...one step forward, two steps back.

Sorry mate, but the best defense in the league pulled us out of the black hole. :D

Haha, I wish I could say I was doing something cool, but in reality I was working.

Every Sunday! That's me schedule. Which is why I don't participate in these raucus NFL Sunday discussions. 

That's also why I have yet to see a full Denver game this season. Think I'll start going to my dad's and recording their games so I can watch every bad throw that Peyton makes. -_-

Demarcus Ware injured his back in the game, which sucks, but we got Derek Wolfe back from suspension this week, which offsets it somewhat.

Woodson got his hands on BOTH of Peyton's balls Strider! :lol:                         I'm happy for him though, really. I'm not the type of person who focuses solely on their team, and is biased against everyone else. 

Not only did he earn his first career INT against The Sheriff, but he also became the oldest player in league history to get multiple INT's in a game. That's awesome. And made even cooler by the fact that they both came from the '98 Draft; Peyton #1 overall, Charles #4 overall. It's very cool that their paths collided like this at the end of their careers, and a week after Woodson's birthday.

It is a sad state of affairs for the Raiders when their best player is a 39-year old. Congrats to your Broncos, SANBR...they are on their way to the AFC West crown again. San DeLame-O and the Kansas Shitty Stiffs ain't stopping them, no matter how ancient Peyton Manning looks.

Eli Manning certainly has his moments.

He completed a career-best 41 passes today (on 54 attempts, completion pct of 76%) and now has the most wins of any QB in franchise history.

Yeah, but he still ain't Y.A. Tittle.

Y.A.-Tittle.thumb.jpg.4f3e1ce581db7ff680

It is a sad state of affairs for the Raiders when their best player is a 39-year old. Congrats to your Broncos, SANBR...they are on their way to the AFC West crown again. San DeLame-O and the Kansas Shitty Stiffs ain't stopping them, no matter how ancient Peyton Manning looks.

Thanks mate. A hard-fought game today. If it weren't for our brilliant defense, I have no doubts that Oakland would've won.

Anyways, you've got a chance at redemption in Wk 14, at Mile High!

Yeah, but he still ain't Y.A. Tittle.

Y.A.-Tittle.thumb.jpg.4f3e1ce581db7ff680

Aye. He has his moments, but they've been very sparse as of late.

Archived