2015 NFL Thread

Walter

I really feel bad for Cleveland.  so what the fuck is going on in that lions game?  I have Stafford, C Williams and Golden Tate and they have me in thee money in draft kings and only Lacy of Green Bay still playing,.  I hope to hang on to the money I have now.  Come on Stafford

I'm guessing no matter what happens the rest of the season, 2015 will be Peyton Manning's career finale. And he'll have to be content with being just a 1-time Super Bowl champ--not sure why so many hold that one ring against him, but the Broncos certainly don't have enough to beat the Pats or even the Bungles in the playoffs...

Coming from a devoted Peyton Manning fan (he's my favorite active NFL player, and the only reason I'm a Denver fan), I completely agree with you. While Peyton remains a mental genius, Father Time has caught up with him. He needs to hang up the cleats, no matter what happens this season. Then, after he takes some time off to enjoy life away from football, he can go on to become one of the greatest coaches in the history of the NFL, which is exactly what I think will happen.

It is a product of the modern ESPN-ization of sports. Before ESPN, championships were still the goal, of course, but a great player was recognized aa a great player, regardless of how many championships he won.

Ernie Banks never won a championship yet was still the most beloved player in Chicago Cubs history. The same goes for Boston Red Sox Ted Williams.

ESPN has totally skewed and destroyed the focus and balance of sports.

Exactly. 

For those people who say, "Rings determine a QB's greatness", then according to their logic, Trent Dilfer and Eli Manning are better than Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon, and Dan Fouts.

Some interesting notes from today...

1. Brandon Marshall became the first Jets player to catch for 100+ yards in four consecutive games since Don Maynard in 1968. That's pretty fucking cool. 

2. Cinci is 6-0 for the third time in franchise history. Denver for the seventh. :D

3. Cinci have NEVER gone 7-0. They have a chance to change that in Week 8 against Pittsburgh.

4. The Steelers gained a single passing yard in the first half against Arizona. I'm not sure that I've heard of anything like that in my entire life. Rookie Landry Jones would go on to replace a twice-injured Vick in the third quarter and finish 8-12 for 168 yards and two TD's. I think Vick's done, whether or not he recovers.

5. GB are 6-0 for only the second time in the Super Bowl era.

6. Peyton Manning is now 11-0 against Cleveland in his career. He very nearly earned his first loss against them today.

Also, three of the league's five undefeated teams (Broncos, Packers & Bengals) have byes next week. Even more interesting, GB travels to Denver in Week 8.

I don't think the Broncos' bye could have come at a better time. It'll also give DeMarcus Ware a chance to heal for the Packers game, which is even more important now, what with LB Shane Ray, our 1st round pick and 2014 SEC Defensive Player of the Year, out 4-6 weeks.

Oh, and check this out.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpuPPhL1TvA

Ol' 39-year old Peyton, laying out Donte Whitner, one of the hardest-hitters in the league!

Disgraceful performance by the Giants tonight - although Manning started off completing his first 10 passes, and it looked like they were about to go up 14-0, early. The Eagles just seem to have their number, for a long time, now. Maybe 8 wins will be all it takes for some team to grab the NFC East?

It's kind of weird to hear a New York Jets Head Coach that isn't a big mouth like Rex or a crybaby like Mangini.

I have a feeling it's going to be a good game. I'm hearing New England by 9.. but I never bet.  

bloody shame!  You would be a millionaire by now!?

i doubt it. :D

I get too worked up as it is.. Can't imagine having money on the line.. 

Someone told me the Lions were 5-0 vs the spread going into Sunday.  So it does not matter if you win or lose.  Just beat that spread.  In NE's case I doubt they are above 70%?

Archived