2015 NFL Thread

Walter

Of course, after smacking the Pack around last week, Denver is doing a big choke-job at the Colts--who can figure this league out (aside from Andy)...  :D

:wacko:

Don't forget Bong-Man, jb126, and Walter...they are doing pretty good, too. 

FYI: jabe, in_the_evening, and LedZeppfan77 all picked Indianapolis.

^ So did Mrs. Walter who would actually be winning this league, if entered!  We do our family picks and Walter Jr. and I scratch our....err, heads as she kicks the other end every week!  Oh well....

watching the Bucs come back on the G-men after watching my boy Harvick play the role of Superman in NASCAR at Texas!  :) 

^ So did Mrs. Walter who would actually be winning this league, if entered!  We do our family picks and Walter Jr. and I scratch our....err, heads as she kicks the other end every week!  Oh well....

watching the Bucs come back on the G-men after watching my boy Harvick play the role of Superman in NASCAR at Texas!  :) 

Tell her to join in, Walter...all of your family is welcome to play. 

Another team I'm almost at a loss for words, the fraudulent ass Falcons. Can't even beat the Niners with Blaine Gabbert as the QB....

I never learn...picking Sadlanta on the road is rarely wise. When you can't even beat a guy named Blaine ferchrissakes...that's a hipster doofus/trust-fund kid name, not a quarterback name.

Another team I'm almost at a loss for words, the fraudulent ass Falcons. Can't even beat the Niners with Blaine Gabbert as the QB....

I missed the game, but I think it may be the start of something. At least the defense is tightening up. I hope Gabbert runs rings around Seattle.

Of course, after smacking the Pack around last week, Denver is doing a big choke-job at the Colts--who can figure this league out (aside from Andy)...  :D

A lotta time and a lotta games left. :lol:

If I'm teaming up with the mighty Bonger tonight, I'll bring the wings and chips if he'll bring what makes him Bong-Man. I'm in good company. :) Walter, I'd love to see your Cowboys win. Just not tonight.

Is it too early to say the Boys are cooked without Romo? I just looked at the Week 10 schedule and see they go on the road to Tampa--but the way this league works, that will hardly be a lock for Dallas...

Here's hoping the G-Men give the Pats some kind of trouble this coming Sunday...

:unsure:

I believe we are cooked, Paul.  Until last night I would've said no, but now it's definitely a yes.  Too many tough games upcoming.  I love the heart they play with, but without a consistent play maker at qb they keep falling short.  Two losses in OT, one by one point, etc.  IF (and I don't like to play that kind of wishful thinking) Romo hadn't gotten injured they easily would be 6-2 or 7-1 right now.  Oh well, it will be time to play spoiler in a few weeks...

:huh: 

I stand by my statement. Have the Eagles or Giants shown you anything that suggests they will go on an extended winning-streak and run away with the NFC Least? They stand at 5 wins at the moment and Dallas is at 2. The Cowboys have a winnable game this week while the Giants will lose to the Patriots and who knows what Philadelphia does week-to-week.

Walter will know more than I but isn't Romo slated to return the week after next...in time for the Thanksgiving game?

I stand by my statement. Have the Eagles or Giants shown you anything that suggests they will go on an extended winning-streak and run away with the NFC Least? They stand at 5 wins at the moment and Dallas is at 2. The Cowboys have a winnable game this week while the Giants will lose to the Patriots and who knows what Philadelphia does week-to-week.

Walter will know more than I but isn't Romo slated to return the week after next...in time for the Thanksgiving game?

Romo is back after this coming weekend.  They play Tampa this weekend and then Romo is back when they visit Miami (we will be down there for the Homestead NASCAR finale).  So, IF they can will those two they would be 4-6 going into T-Giving Day vs. Carolina...

Romo is back after this coming weekend.  They play Tampa this weekend and then Romo is back when they visit Miami (we will be down there for the Homestead NASCAR finale).  So, IF they can will those two they would be 4-6 going into T-Giving Day vs. Carolina...

Call me a crazy optimist but I say it's not curtains for the Cowboys just yet.

Call me a crazy optimist but I say it's not curtains for the Cowboys just yet.

Not that the Giants don't have issues, but they are starting to get some key players back from injuries. And the Eagles have a pretty easy schedule in the second half. Are you expecting the Cowboys to suddenly run the table?

Not that the Giants don't have issues, but they are starting to get some key players back from injuries. And the Eagles have a pretty easy schedule in the second half. Are you expecting the Cowboys to suddenly run the table?

Question #1: Did or did not the Cowboys beat the Giants and Eagles with Romo?

Question #2: Did or did not the Cowboys barely lose to the Giants and Eagles without Romo?

Question #3: Are you expecting the Giants or Eagles to suddenly run the table?

Given that Romo is expected back for the Thanksgiving game, in only one or two of their remaining games will Dallas be the underdog (Carolina and Green Bay). If New York and Philadelphia continue to muddle around playing .500 ball, who's to say Dallas can't put together a winning streak and get back in the division race?

^ #1: The Cowboys did not beat the Giants with Romo. The Giants beat the Giants - when Manning lost track of timeouts and time left with a little under 2 minutes to go and up by 2 scores, and told the RB NOT to score, when they were at the 1 yard line of the Cowboys.

#2: The Cowboys lost to the Giants and Eagles without Romo, as they have lost every game without him. Are you insinuating that the Cowboys cannot lose any game that Romo is active for?

#3: I do not expect either Giants or Eagles to run the table, although the Eagles have a very easy second half schedule. It is possible that they will be tied in record when they meet in the last game.

If the Giants and Eagles continue to muddle around playing .500 ball, they will likely be around 8-7 in the last week. If the Cowboys lose even 1 more game, the best they can be is 8-7 in the last week. BTW, their rushing defense isn't so good, and they play some teams with decent running games and defense toward the end of the season.

Cowboys do not make playoffs.

I'm not sure what happened, but I flipped over to the Raiders game & saw Big Ben getting carted off the field...

The Dolphins, ughhh... :thumbdown:

Well the Cowboys are up against it.  But I say they beat Tampa.  Miami could pull it off in Philly.  But I like the Giants to give New England hell if not win.  I cannot believe the Jets are 2 point favorites vs my Bills.  I will take that action.  We are going to go in there and beat the daylights out of them like we did twice last year.  We swept Miami and last year the Jets and we will beat the Jets on Thurs and set up a big game in New England in 11 days or so.  Now that we have some of our key guys back, we are going to make some damn noise.

Who knows what will happen.  The Cowboys are, by far, the best team in the lEast with Romo.  My opinion only.  It will be VERY difficult for Dallas to make it into the playoffs at this point.  IF they were to, all teams had better watch out!

Archived