One more article about LZ being bloodthirsty and wicked satanists

Freeyyaa

Many of my countryfellows will believe the things written in the article...

Why do they believe this crap? Because somebody took the time to write down the ramblings of his clearly diseased mind? Surely your countryfellows are in possession of sufficient intelligence to be able to check some of the 'facts' that this..er... person has quoted?

If John Paul Jones is a satanist, then I'm the Pope.

Do your countryfellows listen to rock music?

Then, according to this nutter they're already damned.

Wear a cross? Straight to hell!

Read the wrong version of the bible? Burn in damnation for all eternity!

Sadly there are people who believe this shit - all you can really do is leave them to it.

If John Paul Jones is a satanist, then I'm the Pope.

Early Christians invented Satan to scare the life out of people and control those that cannot figure things out for themselves. End of story really.

Stuff existed in the form of belief structures in Europe long before the Christians came along to spoil the party. That some are drawn to what was before is for mainly good reasons not bad. Even Aleister Crowley himself was not a SATANIST - it was a label applied by those who had not a single first clue what it is all about, and in his case it was the popular press. I'm very much aligned to some of the stuff JP was drawn to, yet I can honestly say I don't even believe that Satan exists other than in the minds of those who like to control others with fear and those feeble enough to be frightened by it.

It is like the backward masking of Stairway nonsense, if they actually knew what Robert was reading at the time that for sure partially inspired the lyrics, the whole thing becomes so amusing it is laughable. Nothing was hidden at all, it's right in your face if you know what he's actually talking about.

The article's writer also alleges that Barbara Bush is an illegitimate daughter of Aleister Crowley. These folks are nutjobs.

Which is funny because another member here came up with an article with the same connection. Hmmm..... :Thinking:

Which is funny because another member here came up with an article with the same connection. Hmmm..... :Thinking:

It isn't impossible, Pauline Pierce certainly knew Crowley. Crowley was involved in what might be termed 'sex magick' and as Pierce was by all accounts a bit of a 'goer' in terms of a twenties socialite, it is certainly plausible that she slept with Crowley. She was though married at the time to Marvin Pierce and by all accounts had already had two children with him, so I'm not really sure why the third (Barbara) would be assumed to be Crowley's offspring and not that of her husband?

They have been blaming LZ for beinf satanists for many years and the allthis stuff is still going on...

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Rock-n-Roll/led_zeppelin.htm

What should we do?

Many of my countryfellows will believe the things written in the article...

Hey Freeyyaa,

How's it goin?

Freeyyaa, just shoot it to them straight if anyone wants to know. There's truth in the article as well as untruths and there are exaggerations. Be yourself and if someone doesn't respect you for who you are, or what you enjoy musically, let it be. You have us and you have a site (here) that will hear you and rock on with you.

:lol: Naah. Now don't you be thinking to hard, Walter. Freeyyaa is as Freeyyaa says and so sincere to be anything else. Freeyyaa is one of a kind and likes to rock and not to roll. It's not a bad topic to discuss every now & then. Zeppelin has had negative criticism in articles for a long lonely lonely lonely lonely time. Freeyyaa is my friend and is as tired of this like anyone else. It's amazing that this is still going on. Walter, you might be surprised how I came across my first taste of Led Zeppelin. Another time/another day and in private.

It isn't impossible, Pauline Pierce certainly knew Crowley. Crowley was involved in what might be termed 'sex magick' and as Pierce was by all accounts a bit of a 'goer' in terms of a twenties socialite, it is certainly plausible that she slept with Crowley. She was though married at the time to Marvin Pierce and by all accounts had already had two children with him, so I'm not really sure why the third (Barbara) would be assumed to be Crowley's offspring and not that of her husband?

Hey osoz. I think it's because Barbara Bush's mother to be left the two kids at home with the nanny and hopped, skipped and jumped to France. I mean you're talking 1924 here. 24 skidoo. I know (23) but 24 is close enough. She gets back in October and gives birth in June. If possible, it means that "dubbya" (Mr. Skull & Bones & Bohemian Grove, CFR Member,) a.k.a. torturer in chief could be grandson to the Beast. :lol:

I don't believe it, but I can't refute or dismiss the possibility either. I wouldn't be surprised. Barbara Pierce stood out. Barbara was the bad seed of the lot. And certainly no bird of grace lit on her.

Just remember, most new religions borrow from the older ones. Christianity procured Satan from the pagan arabic beliefs of the time in their persona of Shaitan, the accuser. which later was transformed into the Islam Shaitaan or Iblis, the jinn who disobeyed God and refused to prostrate himself before Adam. So the whole idea of Satan has changed quite a bit over the millennia. In the old testament Book of Job (the oldest of all the books in the Old Testament), Satan acts as God's divine prosecutor in a sense. They are not opposites at all, nor is Satan a fallen angel but one of God's functionaries.

All being equal, early Christians were accused of all sorts of ridiculous beliefs and crimes such as infant sacrifice and cannibalism. Just like today the powers that be knew the truth but never let some good politicking get in the way of facts. Scape goats are scape goats after all.

Sure Jimmy was involved in the occult, obsessed over Crowley, and claimed to be a Thelemite but unless one knows what all that means and has studied in detail and depth they only see what they want to see and if the view differs in any way from their own dogma, well, it must be evil.

The irony is true Satanists do not believe in Satan, God, the Ooga Booga Man, or any higher being, they are in fact atheists who have embraced the human condition as the only condition. When you die that's it so have as much fun and indulge your pleasure as much as you can while alive because once that final curtain has fallen, that's it. True Satanism is in affect the logical conclusion of Existentialism, however it does believe in justice, you can do what you want and have as much fun as long as it does not hurt other people. So, if Jimmy or anyone else is / was a Satanist, I could not care less as long as they are / were a good person. One is not exclusive of the other.

BTW I am not a Satanist, too much of an optimist I guess, and the fact my own observations and logical conclusions point me toward a Divine Being.

Hey Freeyyaa,How's it goin?Freeyyaa, just shoot it to them straight if anyone wants to know. There's truth in the article as well as untruths and there are exaggerations. Be yourself and if someone doesn't respect you for who you are, or what you enjoy musically, let it be. :lol: Naah. Now don't you be thinking to hard, Walter. Freeyyaa is as Freeyyaa says and so sincere to be anything else. Freeyyaa is one of a kind and likes to rock and not to roll.

Wow, chivalry is alive and well on Zeppelin.com! ;) The knight in shinning armor has arrived! :lol:

Just making an accurate observation, no need for anyone's panties to get in a wad. Except maybe for Barbara Bush, since she is being linked to Crowley, allegedly....

As Steve said best....what should we do? Not post that b.s. on the bands' website for starters.

Important to know not all Christians, Muslims or Jewish people are this paranoid and slanderous. I tend to identify with a sort of Native American look on spiritual things butIt is hard to really have any affinity for Crowley for me ... Not on doctrinal grounds but he said and did some things that are pretty questionable and yes I have read his stuff myself I think Jimmy may have taken the very best of Thelema and made it work for him. Women copulating with goats and such does not really bolster his spiritual claims for me but there is no doubt the press went wild with all this and Hammer bio did not help. I have talked to people that have hung a bit with Robert for real and he is not an "evil" guy or into this stuff. I suspect Jimmy is not actively pursuing Crowley's darker interests either. When Manson follower Lynette Fromme tried to contact Jimmy he had the letter burned unopened. Thelema may not be my cup of tea but sad the press gets a hold of this and convinces people every word they hear is true. As for Bush well he is just plain evil regardless of his lineage

Crawley was a flawed seeker, nothing more. Everything he said and believed could be found in various religions and mystery schools elsewhere at the time. He was sorta like Madame Blavatsky and like Blavatsky, he was flawed and driven by ego over true knowledge and insight. Crowley died a penniless morphine addict because in the end his own philosophy proved too difficult to commit to.

The man had good ideas, but if one wishes to take on the mantle of avatar, one must first destroy the ego otherwise the ego will consume the avatar.

What should we do?

Stop needlessly showcasing such links on this site would be a good start.

Amen to that brother.

This isn't the thread to dissect and critique Christianity or religion in general, but speaking as someone with Christian beliefs myself, I feel compelled to point out that loon who writes on that website criticizes everything and everyone - and I do mean everything and everyone - who doesn't share his warped view or understanding of the faith, he's the lunatic fringe of Christendom and speaks for nobody but his deranged self, he neither speaks for nor is even remotely representative of the broad stroke of Christians in general and deserves to be totally ignored altogether (which the starter of this topic probably should have done to begin with)... although to be fair, a loon he may be, but he picked a REALLY great live shot of Robert and Jimmy from the '77 tour, so at least he has a good eye :P...

Now back to Zeppelin if you don't mind...

That article is awesome, and it was the most entertaining read of my day. I wish he'd write one about my other favorite band, Black Sabbath.

About John Michael Ozzy. Here it is. Enjoy and help yourself.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Rock-n-Roll/ozzy.htm

http://www.av1611.org/rock/ozzy.html

Why didn't they mention Deep Purple? Do they consider them to be a band of goodie-goodies?

Archived