Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
sam_webmaster

FORUM MAINTENANCE - UPGRADE (Sept. 1, 2015)

Recommended Posts

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 0:48 PM, sam_webmaster said:

Not sure. I'm doing this from my iPhone and seems to be ok.  Try clearing browser cache? image.jpeg.13f4c7367fc864bc758c2ef9db148

The photo sessions for the 1979 Knebworth concerts.  Is there a photo of the "stripper" that was also there? 

And didn't Robert Plant pull down his trousers to make the session more enjoyable?  If so, this picture was either right before or right after Roberts escapade because all four of them are laughing and smiling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on topic, great job Sam and all the others behind the scenes that made this upgrade possible.  I am already used to this "new" format and upgrade that I seem to have forgotten what this Awesome site looked like before the upgrade.  Keep up the great work!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 6:35 AM, sam_webmaster said:

 

Paste the "share" link from Youtube and it should automatically load the video window:

youtube.jpg.61a8fccead6fadf1bc5fd980629d

https://youtu.be/OVzKVxee6IY

I have tried this and it doesn't work for me anymore, since the most recent change.

Also when I click on insert existing attachment, it tells me "The page you are trying to access is not available for you account. "

The other one works, that allows for pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

Server was offline for a bit due to a DNS change. Should be completed now.

Cheers, Sam. Thanks for the update. Was starting to get a little concerned there! :) 

Edited to add: I still get the 'This Community Is Temporarily Unavailable' message while trying to access the site through the URL : http://forums.ledzeppelin.com

But, I was able to log in, using links like: http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/forum/11-ramble-on/

and : http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/forum/1-main-forum/

:peace: 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, sam_webmaster said:

Try clearing your browser cache.

Thanks for the advise, Sam! :) I cleared my browser's cache just now and I closed and re-started my browser, but I still get the same old message, with the URL changing to : forums.ledzeppelin.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

 I have attached it here as a screenshot, for you to have a look. Perhaps, it will settle down eventually. :blink: 

forums front page.JPG

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again, Sam! :wave:

I just wanted to let you know that I have fixed the problem.

Rather than typing the URL : http://forums.ledzeppelin.com, I now use the URL : http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php and I can access the main page with no problems. 

Who knew that such a subtle change in the URL, could make all the difference, eh? :lol: 

Thanks again, Sam. Cheers! :peace: 

P.S

Perhaps this could serve as a useful point of reference, just in case other members face the same problems, I did :) 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Thanks a lot, Kiwi, that finally did the trick. I switched to Firefox because no amount of clearing of everything in Chrome worked. The left link Kiwi posted still doesn't work in Chrome, but the right one does. I'm using Chrome now.

p.s. On my phone, I still get that 'community is temporarily unavailable' page after clearing everything. The '.../index.php' link works to access the forum, and I can navigate throughout, but then when I hit the 'home' tab it goes back to the 'temporarily unavailable' page. 

Edited by Patrycja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Thanks for the advise, Sam! :) I cleared my browser's cache just now and I closed and re-started my browser, but I still get the same old message, with the URL changing to : forums.ledzeppelin.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

 I have attached it here as a screenshot, for you to have a look. Perhaps, it will settle down eventually. :blink: 

forums front page.JPG

I've been seeing this page all day in Chrome, fortunately  Edge is okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been seeing this all day too.  How can I fix this?  I access the internet through Internet Explorer.  I am typing this from my phone and even on my phone I get the temporary unavailable page.  I have to open this forum from my emails.  Please help.  Thanks!!!

Edited by kingzoso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Patrycja said:

^ Thanks a lot, Kiwi, that finally did the trick. I switched to Firefox because no amount of clearing of everything in Chrome worked. The left link Kiwi posted still doesn't work in Chrome, but the right one does. I'm using Chrome now.

p.s. On my phone, I still get that 'community is temporarily unavailable' page after clearing everything. The '.../index.php' link works to access the forum, and I can navigate throughout, but then when I hit the 'home' tab it goes back to the 'temporarily unavailable' page. 

 

5 hours ago, JTM said:

I've been seeing this page all day in Chrome, fortunately  Edge is okay.

 

33 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

I have been seeing this all day too.  How can I fix this?  I access the internet through Internet Explorer.  I am typing this from my phone and even on my phone I get the temporary unavailable page.  I have to open this forum from my emails.  Please help.  Thanks!!!

Hi Pat, JTM and kingzoso :wave: 

Please use the URL : http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php to log in and avoid that pesky message. It works on any browser you use, even on the stubborn Google Chrome! Trust me, you guys. I went through the same issue over and over again, yesterday, but I finally figured it out.

Hope this helps. :peace: 

Edited to add: Pat, I'm afraid the main forums link loaded on to the Home tab is still : http://forums.ledzeppelin.com

After yesterday's upgrade, I no longer click on the 'Home' tab to take me back to the main forum page because if I do, I will start getting that pesky message, again! :wacko: 

I instead, just manually type in http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php

:) 
 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

 

 

Hi Pat, JTM and kingzoso :wave: 

Please use the URL : http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php to log in and avoid that pesky message. It works on any browser you use, even on the stubborn Google Chrome! Trust me, you guys. I went through the same issue over and over again, yesterday, but I finally figured it out.

Hope this helps. :peace: 

Edited to add: Pat, I'm afraid the main forums link loaded on to the Home tab is still : http://forums.ledzeppelin.com

After yesterday's upgrade, I no longer click on the 'Home' tab to take me back to the main forum page because if I do, I will start getting that pesky message, again! :wacko: 

I instead, just manually type in http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php

:) 
 

Thank you Kiwi!!!  That does work for me.  Also, if I click on the "Home" tab it takes me to that irritating message.  Instead of clicking on the "Home" tab to take me back, now what I do is click on my "Favorites" which I have saved this forum under "Forums - Led Zeppelin Official Forum" and it works for me just as the "Home" tab did before.  This might help others who are having problems.  Thanks again. 

Edited by kingzoso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, if I log in with the link Kiwi suggested all works great, however, while in a particular topic if I use the home button at the top of the forum page I get the evil "community temporarily unavailable" screen again. This also happens when I just go to the site home page and then select the forum tab.

 

What's up with dat???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was a very frustrating day.  It seems that all is well today.  Even my phone is back to accessing the Forums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Thank you Kiwi!!!  That does work for me.  Also, if I click on the "Home" tab it takes me to that irritating message.  Instead of clicking on the "Home" tab to take me back, now what I do is click on my "Favorites" which I have saved this forum under "Forums - Led Zeppelin Official Forum" and it works for me just as the "Home" tab did before.  This might help others who are having problems.  Thanks again. 

You're very welcome, kingzoso! :) And thank you for the very handy tip of saving the proper link to the forums under 'Favourites'. It is so much better than manually typing out the link, over and over again.

Edited to add: I actually had the courage to try out the link http://forums.ledzeppelin.com and I am happy to report that it works just fine now! :yay: 

All's Well That Ends Well!  Cheers! :beer: 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IpMan said:

So, if I log in with the link Kiwi suggested all works great, however, while in a particular topic if I use the home button at the top of the forum page I get the evil "community temporarily unavailable" screen again. This also happens when I just go to the site home page and then select the forum tab.

 

What's up with dat???

Hi lpMan! :wave:

I tried out the dreaded link : http://forums,ledzeppelin.com both from the Home Tab and by typing it out manually, in my browser and everything seems to be working fine now! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Hi lpMan! :wave:

I tried out the dreaded link : http://forums,ledzeppelin.com both from the Home Tab and by typing it out manually, in my browser and everything seems to be working fine now! :) 

Yes, all is well in the kingdom of Zep...the forum gods have heard our please of desperation and the sun has risen once again to welcome a new day of happiness and prosperity within our humble shire...

That and the shit is working :D

Thanks Kiwi, happy Thursday to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Yes, all is well in the kingdom of Zep...the forum gods have heard our please of desperation and the sun has risen once again to welcome a new day of happiness and prosperity within our humble shire...

That and the shit is working :D

Thanks Kiwi, happy Thursday to you.

:hysterical: That was hilarious!! Thanks for the laugh, lpMan! Happy Thursday, to you too! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 4:33 PM, Reggie29 said:

When I go to the Random Thoughts thread it takes a few minutes to load and then a message appears at the bottom of the page to click on a link for the latest post(s) or page.

I click on it and nothing happens except it returns to the previous page / post? It has happened on other threads but mostly this one even before the upgrade with the only difference being when I clicked on it the newer posts were added. 

This is happening again.

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2016 at 0:19 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

 

 

Hi Pat, JTM and kingzoso :wave: 

Please use the URL : http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php to log in and avoid that pesky message. It works on any browser you use, even on the stubborn Google Chrome! Trust me, you guys. I went through the same issue over and over again, yesterday, but I finally figured it out.

Hope this helps. :peace: 

Edited to add: Pat, I'm afraid the main forums link loaded on to the Home tab is still : http://forums.ledzeppelin.com

After yesterday's upgrade, I no longer click on the 'Home' tab to take me back to the main forum page because if I do, I will start getting that pesky message, again! :wacko: 

I instead, just manually type in http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php

:) 
 

Hi Kiwi, I did use your tips, thanks a lot, appreciate it, though it seems the original 'home' button now works on my phone :thumbsup:. The only thing now on the phone is that the 'discography' button doesn't seem to connect to anything on the ledzeppelin.com page. Just the banner and the rest is black...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gremlins in the Forum again. It's still temperamental regarding posting photos but now it has completely stopped me from posting in the Birthday thread. I have been able to post in the General Ramble On section today but every time I try to post in the Birthday thread I get a "Browser has unexpectedly quit" notice and the page disappears. I have cleared my cache, my history, my cookies, rebooted and restarted and everything else I can think of, to no avail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2016 at 7:37 AM, Patrycja said:

Hi Kiwi, I did use your tips, thanks a lot, appreciate it, though it seems the original 'home' button now works on my phone :thumbsup:. The only thing now on the phone is that the 'discography' button doesn't seem to connect to anything on the ledzeppelin.com page. Just the banner and the rest is black...

You're very welcome, Pat! Always a pleasure to help. Hope the rest of those software issues have been fixed! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having 'submit reply' issues. The first time was in the 'Stairway lawsuit' thread where I posted two replies but the second (an article) ended up being a copy of the first (response to two posters). Just now I was in the 'classical music thread' and upon pressing the reply button ended up in the 'Rival Sons' thread with nothing posted in the classical one. In both instances a repost was necessary. Just a head's up for people to save their wordier posts lest they lose their thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...