England

leddy

Sunday Bloody Sunday report published

Thirteen marchers were shot dead on 30 January 1972 in Londonderry when British paratroopers opened fire on crowds at a civil rights demonstration.

Army fired first shot

The Prime Minister said:

* No warning had been given to any civilians before the soldiers opened fire

* None of the soldiers fired in response to attacks by petrol bombers or stone throwers

* Some of those killed or injured were clearly fleeing or going to help those injured or dying

* None of the casualties was posing a threat or doing anything that would justify their shooting

* Many of the soldiers lied about their actions

* The events of Bloody Sunday were not premeditated

* Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness, Sinn Fein, was present at the time of the violence and "probably armed with a sub-machine gun" but did not engage in "any activity that provided any of the soldiers with any justification for opening fire"

Fourteen others were wounded, one later died. The Saville Report is heavily critical of the Army and found that soldiers fired the first shot.

Prime Minister David Cameron said he was "deeply sorry".

He said that the findings of the Saville Report were "shocking".

A huge cheer erupted in Guildhall Square in Derry as Mr Cameron delivered the findings which unequivocally blamed the Army for one of the most controversial days in Northern Ireland's history.

BBC legal affairs correspondent Clive Coleman said the decision whether or not to prosecute the soldiers would not be straightforward.

Sunday Bloody Sunday report published

Thirteen marchers were shot dead on 30 January 1972 in Londonderry when British paratroopers opened fire on crowds at a civil rights demonstration.

Army fired first shot

The Prime Minister said:

* No warning had been given to any civilians before the soldiers opened fire

* None of the soldiers fired in response to attacks by petrol bombers or stone throwers

* Some of those killed or injured were clearly fleeing or going to help those injured or dying

* None of the casualties was posing a threat or doing anything that would justify their shooting

* Many of the soldiers lied about their actions

* The events of Bloody Sunday were not premeditated

* Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness, Sinn Fein, was present at the time of the violence and "probably armed with a sub-machine gun" but did not engage in "any activity that provided any of the soldiers with any justification for opening fire"

Fourteen others were wounded, one later died. The Saville Report is heavily critical of the Army and found that soldiers fired the first shot.

Prime Minister David Cameron said he was "deeply sorry".

He said that the findings of the Saville Report were "shocking".

A huge cheer erupted in Guildhall Square in Derry as Mr Cameron delivered the findings which unequivocally blamed the Army for one of the most controversial days in Northern Ireland's history.

BBC legal affairs correspondent Clive Coleman said the decision whether or not to prosecute the soldiers would not be straightforward.

Yep.

Now let's have an inquiry into the involvement of Sinn Fein MPs in other atrocities over the years.

Yep.

Now let's have an inquiry into the involvement of Sinn Fein MPs in other atrocities over the years.

Hi 'Tripmender'

It will never happen mate, the IRA and Sinn Fein hide behind the Veil of Deceit, by being an "Army" and then becoming elected MPs they think that they can be on the one hand "Freedom Fighters" and on the other hand "Cold Blooded Murderers" and get away with it while the "Army Boys" who they Kill cannot, guess what? it ain't happening.

I don't know what all the fuss is about really, our American "Friends" Kill innocent Civilians all the time, always have done, remember the My Lei Massacre? Lt Calley was the man, he did 3.1/2 years under house arrest, he received Life imPrisonment with hard labour but got it overturned on appeal, not a bad days work uh? 22 innocent civilians killed in cold blood compared to only 14 killed on Bloody Sunday. And yes i am taking the piss.

And I'll let you in to a little secret, the IRA didn't get away with anything Scott Free, i know for a fact that the SAS, Military Intelligence and the Ordinary Soldiers gave as good if not better than the IRA did, same as the American Mercenaries who fought for the Argentinians in the Falklands got when they were captured, what goes around comes around.

In no way am i saying that what the Army did on Bloody Sunday was right, because it wasn't, so i wont try to convince you it was, but the IRA and the Northern Irish Catholic Civilians played their part as well, as you said where is the inquire in to atrocities that both the IRA and the Catholic Community did to the British Army, 1123 members of the Security forces were killed in addition to 1855 civilians, so much pain and suffering is caused to so many innocent people under the disguise of "Freedom Fighting"

Regards, Danny

Ill see if I can find it. Thanks

Another good one is a 50/50 mixture of two Greene King beers, Abbot Ale and St Edmunds Ale. They are both available in cask and bottled form.

They can of course be drunk separately, but the mixture is very potent. In England, it's fondly known as Brain Damage.

I don't know what all the fuss is about really,

I know. It was 40 years ago and it was hardly Tianenmen Square or Mai Lai.

Yet songs and films have been made about it.

Meanwhile Guildford, Birmingman, Hyde Park Corner, Harrods, Deal, Warrington, Omagh, Enniskillen etc etc are all but forgotten.

Hi all,

Happy Fathers Day mate! ;)

Me 'wife' is a V-rod. :P

Now what make of bike is that??????

KB(colour commentary by BIGDAN) :lol:

Haha, nice one Dan

All the moto2 bikes are roughly the same and have Honda based engines

More Moto2 info

The Moto2 motorcycle is the perfect balance between prototype and off the shelf components. The power plant and electronics is all supplied by the organizer and the chassis and suspension is all uniquely designed. This allows everyone to have the same power package but it remains up to the teams and chassis builders in order to make the bike handle and be competitive.moto2engine2-150x150.jpg

The 600cc, four-stroke motors will be provided by Honda and have a maximum speed of 16,000 rpm. Adherence to these boundaries will be monitored and controlled by an electronic system, supplied by the FIM´s designated organiser.

Electronic systems themselves will be more limited than those currently permitted in 250cc, which has seen select factories bringing in traction control in recent years. Moto2 rules will allow for data loggers, ECU and timing transponders supplied by the organiser, with a maximum total cost of the ECU´s components set at 650 euros. No other electronic control, nor datalogging systems, will be present on the bikes.

Moto2 will use standard options in terms of engine and electronics, but will continue the 250cc series´ pursuit of developmental excellence with the running of a prototype chassis -free from limitation. No production bike parts will be permitted for the frame, swing arm, fuel tank, seat and cowling, meaning that these aspects of the machine will also be left to the manufacturer and designers´ discretion. The Moto2 chasis is selected from up to 15 different manufactures each with its own unique design.

Carbon brakes like those used in MotoGP will not be a part of the 600cc class, part of the cost-reducing philosophy of the new series. A list from the FIM, detailing outlawed `non-conventional´ materials and manufacturing methods, will be issued in the future, although in most cases a standard of iron-based and aluminium alloys has been put in place.

Last lap Moto2 Italian GP

Thanks for the answers. Im glad you are on top of it all! Happy we both won, England and US.

No worries, and congratulations, must've been a buzz to get that injury time winner. :)

No worries, and congratulations, must've been a buzz to get that injury time winner. smile.gif

I am cheering for England and the US with equal enthusiasm. Germany on Sunday. Wonder what Churchill would have thought of this? Rooney hit a post and England got robbed by the goalie several times. They are coming around at the right time. I say they will take down Germany. I think we are considered a toss up vs Ghana, but I believe we can win this game. Donavan has alot of heart.

I am cheering for England and the US with equal enthusiasm. Germany on Sunday. Wonder what Churchill would have thought of this? Rooney hit a post and England got robbed by the goalie several times. They are coming around at the right time. I say they will take down Germany. I think we are considered a toss up vs Ghana, but I believe we can win this game. Donavan has alot of heart.

"We will fight them on the beaches"

As long as the Police don't get involved.

:o:lol:

Regards, Danny

PS, Don'T forget that those bastards bombed our chip shop, and we replaced it with a Chinese takeaway. :lol:

"We will fight them on the beaches"

As long as the Police don't get involved.

ohmy.giflaugh.gif

Regards, Danny

PS, Don'T forget that those bastards bombed our chip shop, and we replaced it with a Chinese takeaway. laugh.gif

The game is 930 am EST in the United States. I shall be watching and cheering for England and have little doubt they can win this game. germany's last two have not been very impressive and their 4-0 win was an anomaly. Having said that, England are the better team, but a little lady luck must be with you in these games.

Hey, if anyone takes the time to read this I have a TENNISS QUESTION?????? I have a basic understanding of the game and played when I was younger. But I kind of forgot all the scoring. 15 love. 30 love. 40 love. then game? So what happened at Wimbledon to create what seems to be the longest game ever? No comprendowtf.gif

Archived