Royal Orleans the song and the hotel

Tony Harden

The song:  Great song.  I love this song!  It's a shame that it was never performed live.

The hotel:  It's been several years since I have been to New Orleans.  The Royal Orleans used to be the very nicest and the most upscale hotel in the city.  A city with some nice and some upscale hotels.  The locals used to call it simply, "The Royal."  The locals were so in awe of The Royal.  I have learned the hotel has long ago been sold to corporate interests.  What a shame.  I would say to still check it out for historical purposes.

5 hours ago, SamoKodela said:

Nice that you like such songs a lot! A true fan! My favourite from the album is Hots on for nowhere, one of the general favourites too!

Keep the fire burning!  ;)

Why does that make him a true fan? What defines a true fan. I don't love every Zep song but I don't think that makes me any less a fan than anyone else.

1 hour ago, tenyearsgone21 said:

Why does that make him a true fan? What defines a true fan. I don't love every Zep song but I don't think that makes me any less a fan than anyone else.

Why are you bothering to pick that apart? It's just a thumbs up or a high five to a post and a nice way to say the comment posted was nice. It's almost as if you took that post to somehow to be a slight against you somehow.

And why am I bothering either?...

Of course, I am known to miss nuance, so I might be totally misreading your post. Just strikes me a bit weird.

10 hours ago, SamoKodela said:

Nice that you like such songs a lot! A true fan! My favourite from the album is Hots on for nowhere, one of the general favourites too!

+1 :gimmefive:

11 hours ago, SamoKodela said:

I love Hots on For Nowhere too! Fantastic song. Love the power chord at the end. I used to CRANK that ending so I could hear the reverb or echo or whatever its called from the last note.

8 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Why are you bothering to pick that apart? It's just a thumbs up or a high five to a post and a nice way to say the comment posted was nice. It's almost as if you took that post to somehow to be a slight against you somehow.

Of course, I am known to miss nuance, so I might be totally misreading your post. Just strikes me a bit weird.

+1. I thought he was just trying to be a nice guy

11 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I wasn't trying to pick it apart or go after the guy. I guess I misread its intentions. No harm intended.

Archived