Strider

In case any of you wish to share your Bracketology.

USC got screwed by the Selection Committee. I feel for Virginia fans, too. The Committee gave Virginia the toughest road to the Final Four.

Syracuse...Oklahoma...Arizona State...some questionable selections. 

Syracuse shouldn’t have gotten and that’s from a die hard Orange fan. NCAA has screwed them royaly in the past few years and now they are at only 8 scholarship  players. Next year will be a completely different story...GO ORANGE!

56 minutes ago, ebk said:

I can't remember a year I've been less interested in this tournament.  I'm not even doing a bracket this year.  

You are not alone, ebk. Interest is so low in college basketball that the National Championship Game isn't even on CBS anymore. They moved it to basic cable TNT/TBS.

12 minutes ago, Strider said:

You are not alone, ebk. Interest is so low in college basketball that the National Championship Game isn't even on CBS anymore. They moved it to basic cable TNT/TBS.

ooooo...Maybe DA will be on the game!  :D 

Welcome to the tournament UCL...ooops, that was quick. Sayonara UCLA!

I'm cackling with delight.

Besides rooting for Providence and Rhode Island, my only interest at this point is seeing if this big kid from Arizona is really all that and a bag of chips. Jay Bilas actually invoked the name of Wilt Chamberlain. Those are some big shoes to fill.

On 3/14/2018 at 8:06 AM, Strider said:

Welcome to the tournament UCL...ooops, that was quick. Sayonara UCLA!

I'm cackling with delight.

Besides rooting for Providence and Rhode Island, my only interest at this point is seeing if this big kid from Arizona is really all that and a bag of chips. Jay Bilas actually invoked the name of Wilt Chamberlain. Those are some big shoes to fill.

Well, they're out - thanks to Buffalo.

I guess he's not the second coming of Wilt...

16 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

Well, they're out - thanks to Buffalo.

I guess he's not the second coming of Wilt...

Hahaha...yeah, I thought the hyperbole was a bit much. The Pac-12 is vaporized from the tournament in a nanosecond. ASU, UCLA, Arizona...see-ya!

The one bet I've made on this tournament so far: I bet UMBC plus 22.5 points over Virginia tonight.

8 hours ago, Strider said:

Hahaha...yeah, I thought the hyperbole was a bit much. The Pac-12 is vaporized from the tournament in a nanosecond. ASU, UCLA, Arizona...see-ya!

The one bet I've made on this tournament so far: I bet UMBC plus 22.5 points over Virginia tonight.

Well, you just made a LOT of money! :D

Not only has a #1 lost now to a #16 seed, think on this...

This was only Virginia's 3rd loss all season.

And, UMBC needed to hit a last-second miracle shot in their conference tournament final to beat Vermont just to qualify for the NCAA Tournament this year.

Beyond unbelievable...

14 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

And, UMBC needed to hit a last-second miracle shot in their conference tournament final to beat Vermont just to qualify for the NCAA Tournament this year.

Beyond unbelievable...

Thank you! Now I can afford to buy Ddladner drinks when she comes to visit next month.

On 3/16/2018 at 11:47 PM, ForEvermore said:

Beyond unbelievable...

:(  :(  

On 3/18/2018 at 9:37 PM, Virginia said:

:(  :(  

3 hours ago, Virginia said:

Super bummed still!

I'm still in shock myself. The Cavaliers won the ACC regular season by FIVE full games over Duke and then followed it up with a very dominant performance in winning the ACC tournament. I thought they would be playing Villanova in the National Championship and stood a very good chance of winning that game.

Totally bizarre...

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Gonzaga underachieves again. 

With Tillie out all game, they were always going to struggle.

Also, it would be a bit unfair to call last year's run an underachievement - they were just a few minutes from winning it all...

13 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

With Tillie out all game, they were always going to struggle.

Also, it would be a bit unfair to call last year's run an underachievement - they were just a few minutes from winning it all...

Yes, last year was an aberration.

I have a feeling Puke is going to win it all again.

Archived