What conspiracy theories do you think are real or are ridiculous?

gibsonfan159

21 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

It's pretty pathetic how you keep defending this guy.  "Follow the science" means being a blind zealot, apparently.  (And to be clear:  you really mean government science, not science as an empirical mode of thought.)  No different than a superstitious medieval peasant deferring to the authority of the clergy.

7 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

It's pretty pathetic how you keep defending this guy.  "Follow the science" means being a blind zealot, apparently.  (And to be clear:  you really mean government science, not science as an empirical mode of thought.)  No different than a superstitious medieval peasant deferring to the authority of the clergy.

Please show me solid, provable evidence of your claim(s) otherwise you are simply shouting nonsense to the wind. I am defending no one, I am stating facts, something you seem to have a real issue with. Here is a more accurate reporting of the FACTS:

Fact-checking the Paul-Fauci flap over Wuhan lab funding - The Washington Post

Ps. Should you post a link to some dope posting as Tyler Durden, it only makes your claims even more nonsensical. That site has been debunked as 100% BS years ago.

Edited by BobDobbs

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

Please show me solid, provable evidence of your claim(s) otherwise you are simply shouting nonsense to the wind. I am defending no one, I am stating facts, something you seem to have a real issue with. Here is a more accurate reporting of the FACTS:

Ps. Should you post a link to some dope posting as Tyler Durden, it only makes your claims even more nonsensical. That site has been debunked as 100% BS years ago.

Like the MSM sources you like to appeal to, you don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "debunked".

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

It's pretty amusing:  I posted a humorous meme, entailing no "claim", and in Pavlovian fashion you rush right in.  Well done!

27 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

It's pretty amusing:  I posted a humorous meme, entailing no "claim", and in Pavlovian fashion you rush right in.  Well done!

and there ya have it, when all else fails, revert to the old gaslight.

You sir are a Maestro!!

22 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

and there ya have it, when all else fails, revert to the old gaslight.

You sir are a Maestro!!

Indeed I am.  So tell me:  does the WaPo "debunk" like Politifact?  I.e., reject something out of hand, but then a year later acknowledge there's some validity to it?

So what to make of the fact that there legitimately seems to be unexplainable "craft" interacting with, or at least disclosing themselves to, the US Navy (probably among others) with multiple credible (highly trained and experienced) eyewitness pilots - with multiple witnesses for the same event, Lidar and radar evidence (I think that's right...), and the IR video from the fighter jets. So what are the most important questions now?

Obviously what is going on, which to my mind must be one of only.....

1. Interdimensional craft.

2. Interplanetary craft (classic "ufo" definition)

3. From the future - either from mankind, or alien, but from the future. That "problem" figured out and the technology available to service the answer to the problem (travelling back in time).

4. US advanced and undisclosed tech.

5. Russian, or Chinese, or Israeli, or.... etc, etc.. undisclosed tech.

I don't think it is terrestrial. I could be wrong of course. If it is not of a terrestrial origin, do these thing contain life, or is it more like a drone or probe?

UFO's as a conspiracy seems to not be a conspiracy now.

It's fucking fascinating to me.....

1 hour ago, rm2551 said:

So what to make of the fact that there legitimately seems to be unexplainable "craft" interacting with, or at least disclosing themselves to, the US Navy (probably among others) with multiple credible (highly trained and experienced) eyewitness pilots - with multiple witnesses for the same event, Lidar and radar evidence (I think that's right...), and the IR video from the fighter jets. So what are the most important questions now?

Obviously what is going on, which to my mind must be one of only.....

1. Interdimensional craft.

2. Interplanetary craft (classic "ufo" definition)

3. From the future - either from mankind, or alien, but from the future. That "problem" figured out and the technology available to service the answer to the problem (travelling back in time).

4. US advanced and undisclosed tech.

5. Russian, or Chinese, or Israeli, or.... etc, etc.. undisclosed tech.

I don't think it is terrestrial. I could be wrong of course. If it is not of a terrestrial origin, do these thing contain life, or is it more like a drone or probe?

UFO's as a conspiracy seems to not be a conspiracy now.

It's fucking fascinating to me.....

The tip-off here is that it seems to be only the US military that reports seeing these things, not Russian or Chinese.  These are doubtless military aircraft of some kind, and now that the corona-hoax has run it's course, they need to move on to another scare story.  (To be clear:  I do not say that the virus itself is a hoax, only that the response to it has been so far out of proportion to the actual threat that's it's all effectively one big psy-op.)

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

The tip-off here is that it seems to be only the US military that reports seeing these things, not Russian or Chinese.

With respect, I don't agree. Take China. It is beyond the comprehension that such an authoritarian regime would entertain the idea of allowing this to be disclosed. They are simply NOT an open society. So no reports from the PLA is not only understandable, but MUST be expected.

There have been some interesting Russian based stories, but similarly, anything not fully understood is highly unlikely to ever be publicly acknowledged, let alone disclosed (from Government) unless it suited a political agenda/narrative.

The concept of non disclosure - for whatever reason - no doubt some absolutely VALID national security reasons, also applies to the US, but the US is the most libertarian (by FAR) system of governance. At least we now have a chance at some real discussion as to what might be happening. What the fuck might actually be happening.

So the lack of Chinese or Russian "experience" with similar phenomena is understandable. There may well be some experience, but would those authoritarian systems of Government contribute to a discussion on such things? No. By their very nature, no.

So I don't agree.

This is NOT to say these things are not experimental/prototype/advanced technologies that the US are testing.
I just think it is more likely that the US does not actually understand technology that allows up to 700 G-Force movements and have devised vehicles that they test, and are being observed by others (US Navy).

But I definitely think that is a possibility, just not the favourite.

Edited by rm2551

Just now, rm2551 said:

With respect, I don't agree. Take China. It is beyond the comprehension that such an authoritarian regime would entertain the idea of allowing this to be disclosed. They are simply NOT an open society. So no reports from the PLA is not only understandable, but MUST be expected.

There have been some interesting Russian based stories, but similarly, anything not fully understood is highly unlikely to ever be publicly acknowledged, let alone disclosed (from Government) unless it suited a political agenda/narrative.

The concept of non disclosure - for whatever reason - no doubt some absolutely VALID national security reasons, also applies to the US, but the US is the most libertarian (by FAR) system of governance. At least we now have a chance at some real discussion as to what might be happening. What the fuck might actually be happening.

So the lack of Chinese or Russian "experience" with similar phenomena is understandable. There may well be some experience, but would those authoritarian systems of Government contribute to a discussion on such things? No. By their very nature, no.

So I don't agree.

Perhaps.  But if these things really are high-tech US military aircraft, then of course the Chinese and Russians would recognize this and treat it as the valid security threat it represents, and take appropriate (secret) defensive measures.  They wouldn't "leak" things to the (American-controlled) media.  Only the US military is doing this.

Ultimately, what makes more sense:  human military aircraft, or space aliens?  I'd say the former, clearly.

1 minute ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Ultimately, what makes more sense:  human military aircraft, or space aliens?  I'd say the former, clearly.

I edited my post, but didn't save it before your response. (FYI)

I don't know about that. I'd say equal chance, if not more the latter. if a country possesses the technology to throw conventional flight theory out the window, that is a game changer militarily. Like "take over the world" level change. I cannot see "human military aircraft" being the explanation. If so, I hope it is US technology. Fucking hell, it is HELL otherwise...

If it is US tech, I think it is based on science and engineering in line with what Bob Lazar speaks of. A technology that fell into our hands, not an understanding we have naturally arrived at.

6 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

I don't know about that. I'd say equal chance, if not more the latter. if a country possesses the technology to throw conventional flight theory out the window, that is a game changer militarily. Like "take over the world" level change. I cannot see "human military aircraft" being the explanation. If so, I hope it is US technology. Fucking hell, it is HELL otherwise...

If it is US tech, I think it is based on science and engineering in line with what Bob Lazar speaks of. A technology that fell into our hands, not an understanding we have naturally arrived at.

Well, the only source of information we have about these things is the US military, dutifully regurgitated by the MSM.  Neither party is known for their honesty.  

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I agree and for a few reasons. One is called physics which cannot be overcome, or even subverted with current or even tech we could develop within the foreseeable future. A human being can endure up to about 20 g's for extremely brief periods (about 1-2 seconds). Anything much beyond that results in the instant liquification of all internal organs. Humans can endure up to 9g's for periods up to around 10 seconds if acclimated before passing out. Even unmanned drones can only pull (projected) around 40g's as again, anything much greater that that would either destroy the internal mechanics or make the craft disintegrate. It's kind of like high-Mach aircraft. Its actually super easy to reach hyper-sonic speeds the problem is in the materials as they will melt anything beyond Mach 3.5, unless the leading edges are made from super expensive carbon nanotubules which is currently not practical. Simply put, there is no way this tech is from contemporary or even foreseeable future  human designs or tech. This does not necessarily mean they are aliens, humans from the future, or inter-dimensional visitors though it could be. These sightings can be tricks of the environment, or possibly some undiscovered natural cause. No one knows one way or the other. I like to keep all possibilities on the table and as hard evidence comes in, develop a logical theory. 

Just because trained people are now coming to the forefront and talking about these incidents does not automatically lead to some silly government plot or media agenda. It is simply a case where mostly retiring pilots who no longer have anything to lose are speaking out. However to some everything leads to satanic baby-eating overlords conducting their evil schemes out of the Pizza Hut basement or whatever.

29 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

I agree and for a few reasons. One is called physics which cannot be overcome, or even subverted with current or even tech we could develop within the foreseeable future. A human being can endure up to about 20 g's for extremely brief periods (about 1-2 seconds). Anything much beyond that results in the instant liquification of all internal organs. Humans can endure up to 9g's for periods up to around 10 seconds if acclimated before passing out. Even unmanned drones can only pull (projected) around 40g's as again, anything much greater that that would either destroy the internal mechanics or make the craft disintegrate. It's kind of like high-Mach aircraft. Its actually super easy to reach hyper-sonic speeds the problem is in the materials as they will melt anything beyond Mach 3.5, unless the leading edges are made from super expensive carbon nanotubules which is currently not practical. Simply put, there is no way this tech is from contemporary or even foreseeable future  human designs or tech. This does not necessarily mean they are aliens, humans from the future, or inter-dimensional visitors though it could be. These sightings can be tricks of the environment, or possibly some undiscovered natural cause. No one knows one way or the other. I like to keep all possibilities on the table and as hard evidence comes in, develop a logical theory. 

Just because trained people are now coming to the forefront and talking about these incidents does not automatically lead to some silly government plot or media agenda. It is simply a case where mostly retiring pilots who no longer have anything to lose are speaking out. However to some everything leads to satanic baby-eating overlords conducting their evil schemes out of the Pizza Hut basement or whatever.

I don't believe it was ever claimed that these were manned vehicles, only that they were likely of terrestrial (military) origin.  Perhaps you've heard of drones?

But let me get this straight:  you deem it more reasonable to believe in space aliens, than to question the veracity of the US military?  Um, ok.

Here's some classic misdirection:

US military says UFO sightings could be aliens or new hypersonic technology from Russian or China | Daily Mail Online

They toss out some horseshit about aliens so that no one calls them out for their disavowals of being US hardware, which is simply not believable.  Typical limited hangout.

5 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Here's some classic misdirection:

US military says UFO sightings could be aliens or new hypersonic technology from Russian or China | Daily Mail Online

They toss out some horseshit about aliens so that no one calls them out for their disavowals of being US hardware, which is simply not believable.  Typical limited hangout.

Yes, that misdirection is classic tabloid trash.

There are enough separate, independent encounters that suggest this phenomena is a semi-regular thing. May well be a natural anomaly that we don't understand. Maybe it is Gov't tech of some sort. 

It is definitely fascinating.

30 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

Yes, that misdirection is classic tabloid trash.

There are enough separate, independent encounters that suggest this phenomena is a semi-regular thing. May well be a natural anomaly that we don't understand. Maybe it is Gov't tech of some sort. 

It is definitely fascinating.

Sorry to see you need to be spoon-fed things;  I mean really, who cares that it came from the Daily Mail?  Like the the NYT is any better?

The US military is saying three things through these press "briefings":

1.  These aren't ours.

2.  They might be Russian or Chinese (hypersonic drones, etc.)

3.  We have no comment on whether they're extraterrestrial in origin.

In true Pravda fashion, the MSM focuses on #3.  Various Team USA meat-heads fret that we're falling behind the Russians and Chinese in a new "space race" (#2).  As intended (all con-men get you to watch one hand so you don't notice the other), #1 gets (intentionally) overlooked.

Edited by JohnOsbourne