Led Zeppelin - 1977 Soundboard Compilation

ZepHead315

This is a compilation I put together of the soundboards from Zeppelin’s 1977 US tour, patched together to flow like one concert. These soundboards all come from different sources and remasters, so the sound quality varies a little bit. I’ve also excluded the Seattle show from the compilation because, for one, it is not technically a soundboard but merely a soundtrack from the video. Also, it’s not really a very good performance.

Here are the shows I used along with their respective versions:

Cleveland April 27th – Doctor Who (Winston Remaster)

Fort Worth May 22nd – Liriodendron Remaster

Landover May 25th – Remastered by a friend who wishes to remain anonymous

Landover May 26th – Pseudonym Remaster

Landover May 30th – Liriodendron Remaster

New York June 7th – Remastered by a friend who wishes to remain anonymous

New York June 11th – Mast and unknown gen source 1-2 merge remaster (used to patch the beginning of No Quarter)

New York June 11th – sbd Reel DAT SPC (used for the remainder of No Quarter)

Special thanks to Sue Dounim, Winston, Liriodendron and all those who took the time to remaster and provide these sources.

Track Listing:

1.       Intro – Fort Worth 5/22

2.       The Song Remains The Same – Fort Worth 5/22

3.       The Rover/Sick Again – Fort Worth 5/22

4.       Nobody’s Fault But Mine – Fort Worth 5/22

5.       In My Time of Dying – Landover 5/25

6.       Since I’ve Been Loving You – Landover 5/30

7.       No Quarter – New York 6/11

8.       Ten Years Gone – Landover 5/30

9.       The Battle of Evermore – Landover 5/30

10.   Going to California – New York 6/7

11.   Dancing Days – Landover 5/26

12.   Black Country Woman – Cleveland 4/27

13.   Bron-Y-Aur Stomp – Cleveland 4/27

14.   White Summer/Black Mountain Side – Landover 5/30

15.   Kashmir – Landover 5/30

16.   Over the Top – Fort Worth 5/22

17.   Guitar Solo – Landover 5/25

18.   Achilles Last Stand – Landover 5/25

19.   Stairway to Heaven – Landover 5/30

20.   Whole Lotta Love/Rock and Roll – Landover 5/30

21.   Trampled Underfoot – Cleveland 4/27

22.   It’ll Be Me – Fort Worth 5/22

FLAC Download Link: https://mega.nz/#F!jrpUCAiS!GdCMWcjIOoPuAx0jkQRglQ 

I have little patience for 1977 soundboards. They sound so dodgy and make the band sound worse than they did. A '77 soundboard compilation is a thankless task.

Well ZepHead315, someone had to do it...you did as well as anyone could hope for. I might have a quibble about your "No Quarter" pick but everything else seems on the money.

6 hours ago, Strider said:

I have little patience for 1977 soundboards. They sound so dodgy and make the band sound worse than they did. A '77 soundboard compilation is a thankless task.

Well ZepHead315, someone had to do it...you did as well as anyone could hope for. I might have a quibble about your "No Quarter" pick but everything else seems on the money.

I’m with you Sean, can’t bear 77 soundboard recordings. Absolutely terrible 

9 hours ago, Strider said:

2 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

I’m with you Sean, can’t bear 77 soundboard recordings. Absolutely terrible 

I agree with the both of you. The raw 77 boards sound absolutely awful with that twangy Alembic bass and the overall flatness and dryness. For what it's worth, I tried my best to find good remasters of the boards. Liriodendron, Sue Dounim, and others do a great job at breathing life into them. They still aren't perfect of course, but it is amazing what careful remastering work can do. Strider, what would your pick have been for NQ? 5/30 like Gibsonfan? Part of the reason I picked the 6/11 version is that only the very beginning is cut, whereas the 5/30 version has a cut in the middle IIRC. Since my goal was to use as much of the soundboards as possible, I figured if there's going to be a patch with the audience recording, it's more ideal for it to occur right at the beginning as opposed to in the middle of the jam. That and I've always loved the performance, but then again that's just me.

On December 24, 2018 at 11:26 AM, ZepHead315 said:

I agree with the both of you. The raw 77 boards sound absolutely awful with that twangy Alembic bass and the overall flatness and dryness. For what it's worth, I tried my best to find good remasters of the boards. Liriodendron, Sue Dounim, and others do a great job at breathing life into them. They still aren't perfect of course, but it is amazing what careful remastering work can do.

North_Bridge remastering of 1977 soundboards is the best I've ever heard 

Archived