What's with Plant's fingernail length?

dpat

1 hour ago, dpat said:

Dunno... wasn't that usually done with just 1 fingernail long, usually the pinky/little finger? Only saw that in movies.

Yes.  

21 hours ago, dpat said:

Robert Plant's got some long, uncut fingernails, Earls Court, London 1975.

https://youtu.be/ORxyZi5skIY

plant 75 earls court.jpg

I'm 99% sure they would be for finger picking guitars.  I've seen many guitarists who have fingernails glued on for that reason.  John Butler has very similar ones to Robert and he is a finger picking guitarist...

Butler.JPG

I don't know if he is left-handed as fact, just that he usually carries the mic in his left-hand, whereas I think most right-handed people use their right-hand to hold a mic.

And ANYBODY knows more about foreign policy than that guy...

13 hours ago, dpat said:

I don't know if he is left-handed as fact, just that he usually carries the mic in his left-hand, whereas I think most right-handed people use their right-hand to hold a mic.

And ANYBODY knows more about foreign policy than that guy...

He's right handed , writes with his right hand , and in pics where he has a guitar he holds it righty.  That long thumb nail is puzzling, could be a blow thumb spoon. 😬

Don't you realize everything to do with Zep is of cosmic significance?? I remember some threads here and elsewhere where

somehow the subject of Page's height was discussed, and some of the posts made me collapse with uncontrollable laughter. Not going there. So Plant used his thumbnail, and Page did actually use his grown out pinky, but that was after

Zep and I don't recall Jimmy doing much fingerstyle stuff. With Roy Harper Jimmy was throwing in fills and little chord bits, no need for short or long nails. I've got a good one......why don't we chart Page's weight changes yearly from 68' to Sep.80' ?? Ha Ha.

• 5 months later...