Happy New Year.

spats

Where are you getting these female friends from, the 1950s?? NONE of my friends that are girls are like that.....

I never said my female friends were cool. :D They just like to talk about sissy type stuff. I have tons more in common with my males friends.

I guess i have to somehow find cool female friends.

:lol:

The only time I talk about that kind of stuff with my friends is if ONE OF THEM is getting married or is having a baby. That really doesn't happen too often. Hell--one of my friends--actually, she's my BEST friend--is getting married in five months, and we haven't talked about it at all, really...other than "we're getting married...see my ring? this is the date...I hope you can come...," and the occasional reference to honeymoon or whatever. It's not like we have entire conversations on it now that everything's set in stone. My friends don't ever even have "weddings" in the sense that most people think of them. They are in a church, they get married, we leave and drink a few drinks at the reception, have some cake, let the couple have a nice night. That's it.

And as for the baby topic--we talk about it when my friends are going to have a baby--but not a lot--even when they're pregnant! It's not exactly stimulating conversation, yanno. Yes--babies are cute, they're fun, and kids are awesome--but I don't want to spend all day talking about booties and diapers and changing tables...I'd go crazy.

My friends and I talk about things that EVERY normal person talk about--our jobs, our families/home life, our thoughts on politics, our hopes and dreams, intellectual things, things we want to do together. Rarely, and I mean RARELY does the "weddings and babies" topic come up. Like less than 0.01% of the time. :rolleyes:

It's kind of fun to reply to it. :lol: At first, it irritated me that everyone was always arguing with him and posting things...but I like it. :bagoverhead:

Well none of my female friends like to talk about sports or cool movies. They like to talk about home and family life, yadda, yadda. But i have no interest in that. As i said i guess i need cooler female friends. And thei taste in women they think i should date is beyond in horrible. That makes things worse.

Your female friends must be girls that are homemakers--and that's it. :lol:

Hell--I know interesting house wives, but sadly, it seems that your friends like to vacuum and mop and crap. I hate both. Almost as bad I as I hate doing laundry and the dishes. :lol:

Spats, you sound like a thirteen year old kid.

Well I have to send a message. That's just how i feel.

It's been about a week or so that he told her i would call. I might give in and call tonight and see how she reacts. :D

Or....With my last girlfriend she gave me her number putting the ball in my court to call her. But instead i didn't call because i didn't like the fact that she wanted to me call HER. So eventually she asked a buddy if she had done anything wrong and if everything was okay with me because i didn't call. So she ended up getting the number and calling me.

I could repeat that scenario and see what happens.

Your female friends must be girls that are homemakers--and that's it. :lol:

Hell--I know interesting house wives, but sadly, it seems that your friends like to vacuum and mop and crap. I hate both. Almost as bad I as I hate doing laundry and the dishes. :lol:

I think they are getting to the point where they want to get married and start families. Either way i have no interest in that stuff.

Yeah, we hate it too - me and my mom. That's why dad's the one who does it. :D

Your dad does the mopping, the vacuuming, the laundry, and the dishes? :huh:

I want to marry your dad.

And he can cook as well. He does the shopping too.

Well, it's not like he does everything....though it looks like that, sometimes. :rolleyes: It's only fair because my mom makes more money than him.

And he can cook as well. He does the shopping too.

Well, it's not like he does everything....though it looks like that, sometimes. :rolleyes: It's only fair because my mom makes more money than him.

If she's the breadwinner, that's fair. The cooking and the shopping too, though? He's a keeper, that one. Your mom must like him.

I think they are getting to the point where they want to get married and start families. Either way i have no interest in that stuff.

I hate to say it, but sometimes, that's just what happens to women at a particular point in their lives. Especially if they've been in a relationship for a long time and they feel it's time to make that next step. As much as I'd love to deny it, I'm betting that most women end up feeling like that at one point in their lives or another.

Kat--I'd like to marry your dad, too. :lol: I'm in charge of the housework around here, and I hate to admit it--my housekeeping's been going down the toilet lately. But at least the toilet's clean. :lol:

I hate to say it, but sometimes, that's just what happens to women at a particular point in their lives. Especially if they've been in a relationship for a long time and they feel it's time to make that next step. As much as I'd love to deny it, I'm betting that most women end up feeling like that at one point in their lives or another.

Well, I'm not sure if all of them want to get married, you can happily live with someone even without a marriage certificate, but I can't see what's wrong on wanting to have babies.

Kat--I'd like to marry your dad, too. :lol: I'm in charge of the housework around here, and I hate to admit it--my housekeeping's been going down the toilet lately. But at least the toilet's clean. :lol:

He wasn't always like that. :whistling: I've been raised in a real matriarchy.

Unsurprising.

Your dad is clearly a saint, and you had to get it from somewhere. :P

:rolleyes:

Actually, I'm much more like him....meaning that I have a better relationship with him than with my mom. She never understands how we can spend all evening talking about music, for example. Or graphic programs, or even English phonology (when he's drunk :lol:).

I usually support him when they have a quarrel (which is usually not started by him, unsurprisingly). Partly because he's often in the right, and partly because he needs it. I'm one of a few people that can make my mom shut up.

Well, I'm not sure if all of them want to get married, you can happily live with someone even without a marriage certificate, but I can't see what's wrong on wanting to have babies.

I did say MOST. :lol:

I'm not so sure about the babies thing yet. I love kids, I love babies, but what happens when you can't take them home when you're worn out? :unsure:

My mom's been getting all freaked out because I say I'm not sure if I want kids. She thinks it's just wrong that I'm not sure about that. She says I'm going to die a lonely old lady. :o

I think it's kind of funny. My dad used to say that my mom made him do this, made him do that...etc. No one made him DO anything. He was just whipped. :D

Me too, and I'm quite the chef. I go to the market and plan my meals for the week. When I was single all my friends came to my house to eat, sadly, most guys idea of cooking is milk on cereal.

I'm also the cook at our home.My wife is a vegatarian of sorts.[Eats fish thank god :wub: ]

So the kitchen is mine.I drive her nuts's with all the meal planning talk. :D

I'm also the cook at our home.My wife is a vegatarian of sorts.[Eats fish thank god :wub: ]

So the kitchen is mine.I drive her nuts's with all the meal planning talk. :D

I've always cooked, my mother was the main cook in our house growing up, but my father cooked quite a bit as well. he would always tell me he thought a " A man who cannot feed himself is not a man."

My dad cooks, does most of the housework and will do the dishes if you remind him how to use the dishwasher. My mom couldn't be happier. A lot of my friends' dads sit on their asses and do no kind of work around the house, but my dad will get out a feather duster and clean the top of the ceiling fan if he gets bored.

:rolleyes:

Actually, I'm much more like him....meaning that I have a better relationship with him than with my mom. She never understands how we can spend all evening talking about music, for example. Or graphic programs, or even English phonology (when he's drunk :lol:).

I usually support him when they have a quarrel (which is usually not started by him, unsurprisingly). Partly because he's often in the right, and partly because he needs it. I'm one of a few people that can make my mom shut up.

Does your dad speak English as well? Albeit only when drunk? :lol: It's awesome that you can talk music with your dad, I love talking music with my folks. They were hippies, so they've got good taste . . . except that they don't "get" Led Zeppelin.

You're probably more like your mom than you know . . . I'd bet that's why you can make her shut up!

My dad cooks, does most of the housework and will do the dishes if you remind him how to use the dishwasher. My mom couldn't be happier. A lot of my friends' dads sit on their asses and do no kind of work around the house, but my dad will get out a feather duster and clean the top of the ceiling fan if he gets bored.
I don't like to clean house, but do anyway...we all do, I put on some Zep (loud) and go to it. My daughter calls it "house working out" :lol: I always thought it was pretty shitty for anyone not to do their fair share, man or woman, if you live there, you better keep it clean !

There is nothing wrong with having babies i guess but what guy wants to talk about it? I always zone out when it is brought up.

Archived