If You Had a Time Machine...

MHD

I have spent a mellow New Years Eve, downing a bottle of Beringer and watching the 2003 DVD...and whilst being captivated with Robert singing Black Dog at MSG, I started to think "Wow, if only I could get a time machine to whizz me back and put me right there at the front..." the age I am now I hasten to add (I would've only been 6 then!) That would be total HEAVEN. Well, y'know how your mind gets carried away sometimes ;) So, I wanna ask everyone, if you could..what moment in Led Zeps history would you chose to be taken to by the time machine??

Silly,yes..but fun :D

I would have loved to have been able to see their first ever rehearsal. Or any of their early concerts together. Or any of their later concerts...or any concert of theirs! Any chance to see them would have been unforgettable and amazing! At least you were alive, I was born two years after and all I can do is enjoy the DVDs...oh and TSRTS on VH1 right now. That's my new year's treat!

• 1 year later...

I mentioned this once before on a very similiar topic about going back in time or having a time machine to transport me back in time. I know that this is "fictional" or "hypothetical" but what I would do is go back to the very beginning of the New Yardbirds and convince Jimmy Page that I know how to be his (and the very near future Led Zeppelin's) road manager. Not manager, like Peter Grant, but road manager, taking the place of Richard Cole.

Since we all know "their" history, in my opinion, what better position to have in the LZ organization than Road Manager. Most of know what happened to Richard Cole, good and bad. I could go on and on, however, all I know is that I would be in LZ's "inner sanctum", and that is a whole other "fantasy" in itself. Rememeber, we are talking about the 1970's after all. Need I say more?

I have spent a mellow New Years Eve, downing a bottle of Beringer and watching the 2003 DVD...and whilst being captivated with Robert singing Black Dog at MSG, I started to think "Wow, if only I could get a time machine to whizz me back and put me right there at the front..." the age I am now I hasten to add (I would've only been 6 then!) That would be total HEAVEN. Well, y'know how your mind gets carried away sometimes ;) So, I wanna ask everyone, if you could..what moment in Led Zeps history would you chose to be taken to by the time machine??

Silly,yes..but fun :D

Being in the studio with Jimmy Page and Eddy Kramer when they where doing the earlier albums would do it for me.

As you may have now figured out I am a, "Gear Head!" B)

Archived