50th Anniversary Box Set

Michael Fry

Hey Michael, just come across this thread and seen the sheer amount of effort you must have put in to creating such a great range of shows. I normally don't listen to compilations, just whole shows, but what you've put together sounds fascinating so would love a link please.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

What an awesome labor of love Michael.

You joined to share this, and I joined (after years being an on/off lurker) to request a link to the download.

All of it looks enticing. I would mostly love to listen to the complete, best ever 1973 MSG.

I'm curious to find out if I like the 1973 combo or 1973 MSG better. How exciting !

best wishes.....

Edited by The_Cheeb

This is great info Mike! I'm on my own massive Zep Concert project.  What started as "how many live songs do I have on CD (incl a few boots)?"  Has turned into a quest to get not only all of the pure Zeppelin live songs, but the best version of them.  "Best" is to each their own I guess, but for me it starts with good quality (it appears I'm favouring soundboards) then cool versions. I'm also including some of their cool non-studio songs as well; Sitting and Thinking, Bluberry Hill, etc.  I'm far from completing this quest but what you have done is really going to confirm things for me or fill in some serious "Best" gaps from 1973-80.

I've opened up pandora's box though, as (no surprise) there's so many cool versions of a lot of their songs.  So my Zep Concert project has ballooned (no pun intended) into having a few versions of a many of their songs. I'm having difficulty saying no to some WLL and Heartbreaker versions at the moment, not to mention SIBLY.  I predict well over 5 hours of material when I'm done, haha, and that's after I figure out how to cut off most of the pre/post crowd cheers.

Now off to find several "Best" version info from 1968-1970. There's a lot of great concert ranking posts for most of the other years I see. This forum is amazing, all the hours people put in and info they share. Outstanding!

Well, good luck with that project! It sounds very interesting and I would greatly appreciate you sharing the results. Feel free to download as much as you like from my cloud drive. The sources I've uploaded are the ones that I think are the best quality version of each show. Been collecting for over 25 years and heard all the shows. I can PM you a link to the cloud drive if you need it.

All the best!

On 12/22/2020 at 6:27 PM, Michael Fry said:

Well, good luck with that project! It sounds very interesting and I would greatly appreciate you sharing the results. Feel free to download as much as you like from my cloud drive. The sources I've uploaded are the ones that I think are the best quality version of each show. Been collecting for over 25 years and heard all the shows. I can PM you a link to the cloud drive if you need it.

All the best!

I'll try.  I've mostly kept track of which shows I've drawn from.  They are mostly the popular ones; Destroyer, Blueberry Hill, Eddie, etc.  Then of course their officially released stuff as it sounds so good...and for so long all I had was TSRTS, and I know it too well to drop certain songs.  But I've also drawn from some of the full concerts that had one time performances like Osaka & Denmark.  I seem to be the only one who likes their very last (1980) concert, I'm drawing from that a bit too.   I think I'm going to somewhat organized as three "acts". They won't necessarily be in chronological order, but Act 1 will be a bit earlier with Act 3 being a bit later. Each act will sort of start like each of their concerts (if I can) where they will start with 1,2,3, punches, ~2 encores, each filled with one of the multiple versions of STH, WLL, SIBLY I couldn't bear to cut.  To prevent them from getting too repetitive, each Act sort of filled in with songs they've covered; I kinda  like the rarity referencing to it. I'm hoping it will be a great listen with a lot of rockin ups and bluesy downs!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 8:27 PM, Michael Fry said:

All the best!

Hi Mike - Your Best of Live Zep 1973-80 looks amazing!!! Incredible job! Could you please send the link?