2020 NFL Thread

Walter

11 hours ago, Walter said:

Every blind squirrel finds a nut sometime. I mean the JETS have won multiple division titles since y’all. Congrats. Looking forward to seeing how the AFC playoffs play out. 

I think that these Bills will win more than one

Baltimore has @Dallas, Carolina and @ Washington.  The game at Washington is the only one I can see them possibly losing.  That is what a team like Miami will need to get in. Cleveland and the loser of the division between Indy and Tennessee is likely to get in.  So Miami has to keep playing hard.  Must beat NE today and I believe they will. I cant see why this line is 1?  Why? Too much respect for a bunch of has beens.  But Miami has NE, @ Raiders and @ Bills.  The Bills may rest the starters if there is nothing to gain however.  I would dress the kid Fromme to see what he can do?  The rookie from Georgia we drafted that has not taken a snap.  Why the hell is Matt Barclay still on the roster?  He stinks.  Just watch's Josh kick ass.  

So Walter you are going to call this Buffalo team a squirrel?  Really?  You act like they are lucky to be in the playoffs.  The offense is great, and the defense is too.  They are now healthy.  Getting Matt Milano back was the real key. Colin Cowhard and Dan Orlovsky think the Bills are the best team in football.  Colin put up his rankings last week. Bills number 1.  Ill say the same. Barring injury we should be on a collision course with a showdown in KC.

Breese back today. Ill take the Saints in a toss up.  The one team I would not want to see in hte first round would be Baltimore.  Simply because of Lamar.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Bills win the East!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bring them all on!!  Josh Allen is the real deal

Take that Billy boy Belecheck!!!  Nice win Miami.  

OMG!!!  What are the Rams doing?  What are the Jets doing?  The Jets are going to lose Trevor Lawrence if they win this game!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Bills win the East!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bring them all on!!  Josh Allen is the real deal

Take that Billy boy Belecheck!!!  Nice win Miami.  

Drew Breese is rusty as hell.  Josh Allen can run with the ball and these plays that break down he can turn into something where Breese cannot. 

WTF Rams?  You just gave the division to Seattle for now. Must beat them in the head to head later. BUT, THE JETS FUCKING ARE SOOOOO STUPID.   Their owners have to be stupid or the players played to win to screw them.  Knowing they wont be back.  The players and coach's, most of them will be let go. So no Trevor Lawrence now. He is going to Jacksonville. Unbelievable how you can allow this. If I was the Jets owner and GM, I would have TANKED. Benched the entire secondary. The strength of the Jets are their secondary. Goodbye Trevor Lawrence

If Miami were tied with Baltimore it appears to me that Miami would win the tie breaker?  They did not meet. So I believe it goes to wins in the  conference and that would be good news for Miami.  Baltimore is going to demolish the Giants and Bengals IMO.  So Miami must win at Raiders and at Bills.  Good luck with that last one on Jan 3 in a cold as hell stadium. As long as the Bills are within 1 of Pittsburgh, and the Steelers face Indy and Cleveland, both tough games, the Bills can take the number 2 seed from them.  The Bills went yesterday from 4 to 6.5 favorites at NE>  Meaning heavy money went down on the Bills in Vegas.  So it does not seem likely the Bills will rest the starters last week?  I might consider it just to keep Baltimore out. But they would not do that. Baltimore is the only team that really scares me outside of a title game in KC. 

On 12/19/2020 at 8:05 PM, Walter said:

Every blind squirrel finds a nut sometime. I mean the JETS have won multiple division titles since y’all. Congrats. Looking forward to seeing how the AFC playoffs play out. 

You probably have some hope for your boys now?  Do you really think they can pull this off?  Giants and Eagles have no chance at all.  Redskins would really have to stumble.  They would have to lose both.  To Carolina and Eagles.  Possible.  Especially given that Green Bay did not score another TD on them after the first quarter.  I did not watch the game but was shocked to see the score in the morning.  In my book that puts Josh Allen ahead of Rogers in the MVP race. Buts that is all opinion.  GB might get the top seed, maybe.  But I do not think they are good enough to get to the SB. Dallas is wiser, unlike the stupid Jets, to stay higher in the draft. But I guess you never know. Wash could lose both.

Stupid ass Jets.  I can't believe they won that game.  Why?  They just lost Trevor Lawrence.  I have to see who the Jaguars are playing next two weeks and throw down

Home against the Bears who are trying to get in.  The Bears are far from unbeatable but will the Jags tank?  I say yes

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Hahahahahahaha! The Lambs lost to the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets! That was great to see...better than watching the Chiefs-Saints game.

If only the Jets could have also beat the Chargers this year, the season would have been perfect.

Hahahaha. 

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Hahahahahahaha! The Lambs lost to the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets! That was great to see...better than watching the Chiefs-Saints game.

If only the Jets could have also beat the Chargers this year, the season would have been perfect.

Hahahaha. 

We were rockin it yesterday at my buddies’ house. They’re originally from Queens and his dad is 91 and a true blue JETS fan. Great afternoon. 

Well we just moved into number 2 seed after a SHOCKING LOSS BY STEELERS.  They might not win another game?  Indy and Cleveland on deck.  The last team I really want to play is Lamar  and his Ravens but I know we can beat anyone. But Baltimore to me is the toughest out before a potential title game at KC

8 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Any idea what happened?  Sad. He was a maniac.  So no congrats on my Bills huh Walter?  Ok.  I think your father was a Bills fan? Somewhere he is smiling

Congrats...a quarter of a century in the making. Yes, he is - I’m sure. :) 

11 hours ago, Walter said:

Congrats...a quarter of a century in the making. Yes, he is - I’m sure. :) 

Nobody is happier than Cole Beasley to be out of Big D.  Skip Bayless needs to talk about something other than Dallas. I have turned them off.  I still think your boys are better served moving on from DAk.  But I know its unlikely.  Even though Jerry is not likely to pay him what he wants.  But they have other problems, like defense. 

Other than KC there is only one team that scares me and that is Baltimore.  I know we can score with them and with Milano back and the D being healthy, I do not think they would allow Lamar to run wild like these bad teams are.  Still, Id prefer an old Phillip Rivers and Indy, Miami for sure, even though I respect their D I do not think their offense is ready.  The Browns I am happy for.  But if they come to Buffalo, they will leave losers. I think they may draw Tennessee and if so I hope they murder them. You really should cheer for the Bills since Dallas is out. Oh what a sight Monday should be!  The Bills go into NE with the AFC title and Billy boy Belecheck has nothing to play for? I am wondering if he throws that kid Stidham or whatever his name is in?  I cant see them sticking with Cam Newton. Rumor is they might go after Stafford. I hope the Lions do not let him go. Have a nice Christmas.  You and the Mrs who knows her football. 

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Nobody is happier than Cole Beasley to be out of Big D.  Skip Bayless needs to talk about something other than Dallas. I have turned them off.  I still think your boys are better served moving on from DAk.  But I know its unlikely.  Even though Jerry is not likely to pay him what he wants.  But they have other problems, like defense. 

Other than KC there is only one team that scares me and that is Baltimore.  I know we can score with them and with Milano back and the D being healthy, I do not think they would allow Lamar to run wild like these bad teams are.  Still, Id prefer an old Phillip Rivers and Indy, Miami for sure, even though I respect their D I do not think their offense is ready.  The Browns I am happy for.  But if they come to Buffalo, they will leave losers. I think they may draw Tennessee and if so I hope they murder them. You really should cheer for the Bills since Dallas is out. Oh what a sight Monday should be!  The Bills go into NE with the AFC title and Billy boy Belecheck has nothing to play for? I am wondering if he throws that kid Stidham or whatever his name is in?  I cant see them sticking with Cam Newton. Rumor is they might go after Stafford. I hope the Lions do not let him go. Have a nice Christmas.  You and the Mrs who knows her football. 

Interesting footnote to Cole Beasley is that he walked out of the Cowboys’ training camp at the beginning of his career and was going to retire. Jason Garrett got him to come back, he made the team and the rest is history.  

Skip Bayless is a punk ass bitch. I couldn’t stand him back when he first appeared on the Sports Reporters show in the 90’s....

Anyway, I have no idea who I’ll pull for in the playoffs. I can’t see anyone beating KC, except maybe Tennessee because of Henry’s ability to control the game with his brutal running. Buffalo has a chance, but still really hasn’t proven anything when under pressure. NFC looks like the Saints to lose, but in any given game a number of teams could knock each other off. 

Merry Christmas to you too, Rick. I hope your team gives you plenty to cheer about going into 2021. 

On 12/23/2020 at 12:28 PM, Walter said:

Interesting footnote to Cole Beasley is that he walked out of the Cowboys’ training camp at the beginning of his career and was going to retire. Jason Garrett got him to come back, he made the team and the rest is history.  

Skip Bayless is a punk ass bitch. I couldn’t stand him back when he first appeared on the Sports Reporters show in the 90’s....

Anyway, I have no idea who I’ll pull for in the playoffs. I can’t see anyone beating KC, except maybe Tennessee because of Henry’s ability to control the game with his brutal running. Buffalo has a chance, but still really hasn’t proven anything when under pressure. NFC looks like the Saints to lose, but in any given game a number of teams could knock each other off. 

Merry Christmas to you too, Rick. I hope your team gives you plenty to cheer about going into 2021. 

Same to all of  you  and your family Walter.  I do know the Bills have a shot. The only team fear other than the game at KC if we get there is Baltimore because of Lamar.   Bring the rest on. They will not win in Buffalo.  No way

Fitz magic puts the fear in Gruden.  Dumb Chucky traded 7 points for 30 seconds of clock and Fitz still makes him pay. 
wonder if Indy will seal Pittsburgh fate and clinch 2 seed for Bills?  Bills then might rest starters and lose?  Then we get Miami instead of Ravens.  Baltimore is only team I want to avoid

Congratulations to your Dolphins Paul! The Dolphins will make better use of the playoffs than the stupid Raiders and their dumbass coaching staff. I never bought into Chucky's return and he has proven it with dumb decision after dumb decision ad nauseam. Last night's game was just more of the same. A rehash of the way his decisions cost the Raiders against the Chargers last week. 

Oh well....he's Las Vegas' problem now. I've spent the year emotionally divesting myself from this team. The Oakland/L.A. Raiders will always live in my heart and memories. 

The Las Vegas Raiders are just there...I wish them well but it's not the same.

Goff has broken thumb which he played with.  Needs surgery.  Rams have nobody as a backup.  The guy that is the beackup has NEVER taken an NFL snap.  What a mess.  I am not sure they can even beat the Cardinals without Goff.  I see them trying to pick someone up if that is possible early in the week?  But who?  They can have Matt Barclay for a 7th round pick.  Or free.    We have this kid from Georgia we drafted.  If the Bills come out of NE with a win, and do decide to rest playres vs the Dolphins, why not give him a chance to play?   I think his name is Fromme or something like that?  But the number 2 seed is at stake.  I am not sure if that is worth fighting for though.  If you get it, you might get Baltimore as your reward.  No thanks

So after my Bills take out the trash tonight, I wonder if they or Pittsburgh really cares about the number 2 seed?  With it may come a date with the Ravens.  

I really want the Browns to make it.  And I’ll be rooting for the Texans to knock Tennessee out.  They almost beat them the first time, and would have if Romeo did not go for ridiculous 2 point conversion!  
The Bengals may not go quietly vs Ravens either.  I think Cincy will be in the picture next season. 

if Goff is finished my second favorite team might be also

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So after my Bills take out the trash tonight, I wonder if they or Pittsburgh really cares about the number 2 seed?  With it may come a date with the Ravens.  

I really want the Browns to make it.  And I’ll be rooting for the Texans to knock Tennessee out.  They almost beat them the first time, and would have if Romeo did not go for ridiculous 2 point conversion!  
The Bengals may not go quietly vs Ravens either.  I think Cincy will be in the picture next season. 

if Goff is finished my second favorite team might be also

New England owned the AFC East for 20 years. I wouldn't let one year go to your head. Especially since there is no guarantee that Buffalo will be good next year or that New England can't rebuild and regroup next year.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

New England owned the AFC East for 20 years. I wouldn't let one year go to your head. Especially since there is no guarantee that Buffalo will be good next year or that New England can't rebuild and regroup next year.

Tight game right now. Folk missed the xpt 🙄.
Buffalo is good, but haven’t proven to be great yet.  No offence Rick, just the way it is. Prove it and we’ll believe.  AFC is so much more competitive than the NFC. Aaron Rogers vs Drew Brees? Looking that way....