2020 NFL Thread

Walter

So many Super Bowls available to watch in full on YouTube. But not Super Bowl XV between the Oakland Raiders and Philadelphia Eagles in the New Orleans Superdome on January 25, 1981. 40 years ago. A very happy day in my life.

Five days after the U.S. hostages were released from Iran. Oakland became the first Wild Card team to win a championship. This was also the last Super Bowl the Raiders would win while still in Oakland. I won a fair amount of money getting on the Raiders during their playoff run in 1980-81. As usual, the Raiders were underdogs in the Super Bowl. I wish the NFL would find the complete game. All we have is the old NFL highlight film featuring the Voice of God himself, John Facenda.

Edited by Strider

On 1/27/2021 at 1:37 AM, kingzoso said:

That is actually what I knew.  No Bills or Orioles, No Rick.   All that talk and Nothing.

What the hell are you talking about?  We got to the title game. WE have our damn QB

The rumor is that Matt Stafford is being pursued by the Los Angeles Rams.  Put them in the Super Bowl if that happens. 

Congrats to your Cardinals on the trade that just happened King.  Your Cardinals just picked up Arenado.  All star 3rd baseman from Colorado

The Bills will be contenders for as long as Josh Allen is around.

6 hours ago, Walter said:

Stafford for Goff and 2 first round picks and a third....  

Jesus, are the Lambs imploding or what? With all the coaches leaving and now this trade for a beat-up past-his-prime Stafford, what the fuck? Not that I care if the Lambs suck. Fuck 'em.

But poor Bong-Man...I don't think Goff is the answer for Detroit.

11 minutes ago, Strider said:

Jesus, are the Lambs imploding or what? With all the coaches leaving and now this trade for a beat-up past-his-prime Stafford, what the fuck? Not that I care if the Lambs suck. Fuck 'em.

I think Detroit got the better end, except for absorbing Goff’s over priced contract. They have a lot of rebuilding to do and now have some early picks to work with. Who am I kidding they’re a mess. LA, as usual, are playing for right now. That’s how they made the SB. Boom or bust. Jr doesn’t like Stafford coming to the NFC West though....

On 1/31/2021 at 5:03 PM, Strider said:

Given the picks, Geoff is good enough to come in and have a good QB in there but I am no sure he is into it. He is pissed at the Rams and has made it clear.

As for the Rams, just put them in the Super Bowl.  I mean it. They are going to be a wrecking machine.  Stafford with Robert Woods, Cooper Cuff, and Higby.   Look the fuck out  Rams in Super Bowl NEXT YEAR. 

Nothing gets me in the mood for football than the old NFL Films music by Sam Spence, Laurie Johnson and others used by NFL Films for their highlights. This always gets me pumped! If this doesn't get @redrum misty-eyed, nothing will.

Edited by Strider

20 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

There's supposed to be reportedly 20,000 in the seats tomorrow night. Not sure if it will be a pro-Tampa crowd, but it could be interesting...

I read 30,000 cutouts and 20-25,000 actual people. And something called The Weeknd.

On 2/5/2021 at 11:09 AM, paul carruthers said:

^^ Wow, actually cheering for Tom Brady, that must be a switch (I assume). Go Andy Reid & the Chiefs is my 2 cents...

:thumbsup:

You know, at a certain point you just gotta admire greatness and be thankful you get to witness a level of consistent excellence that is record-setting.

I am old enough to have watched Joe Namath, Daryl Lamonica, Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas, Roger Staubach, Ken Stabler, Bob Greise, Fran Tarkington, Terry Bradshaw, Dan Fouts, Jim Plunkett, Ken Anderson, Joe Montana, Joe Theismann, Dan Marino, John Elway, Jim Kelly, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, the Mannings, Aaron Rogers, Ben Roethlisburg, Russell Wilson, and Patrick Mahomes play quarterback in the NFL.

All of them had their moments...their flashes of brilliance. But no one has had 20 years of sustained brilliance and playoff success like Tom Brady.

One Super Bowl can be a fluke...maybe even two. But to get to 10 Super Bowls with a chance to win a seventh (which would nearly double the second place number of 4 held by Bradshaw and Montana) is once-in-a-lifetime stuff in a league rigged against dynasties and built for parity. Tom Brady gets to Super Bowls at a higher percentage than Stephen Curry makes three-point shots.

Just be thankful you were born at the right time to be alive to witness this greatness. It'll be something you tell your grandkids and great-grandkids about. Maybe by then, Patrick Mahomes will have accrued the numbers and titles to supplant Brady as the GOAT. But he's still a long way away.

Besides, not only can I not ever cheer for Kansas City to win anything. I cannot root for a quarterback who ruins steak by pouring ketchup all over it. I thank those State Farm commercials for showing what a barbarian Patrick Mahomes is.

Go Brady. Go Buccaneers.

Naturally, I have a sinking feeling that the Chiefs are going to win in a blowout. Don't know if Tampa Bay can stop Kansas City's speed.

Enjoy the game everyone.

Edited by Strider

22 minutes ago, Strider said:

You know, at a certain point you just gotta admire greatness and be thankful you get to witness a level of consistent excellence that is record-setting.

I am old enough to have watched Joe Namath, Daryl Lamonica, Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas, Roger Staubach, Ken Stabler, Bob Greise, Fran Tarkington, Terry Bradshaw, Dan Fouts, Jim Plunkett, Ken Anderson, Joe Montana, Joe Theismann, Dan Marino, John Elway, Jim Kelly, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, the Mannings, Aaron Rogers, Ben Roethlisburg, Russell Wilson, and Patrick Mahomes play quarterback in the NFL.

All of them had their moments...their flashes of brilliance. But no one has had 20 years of sustained brilliance and playoff success like Tom Brady.

One Super Bowl can be a fluke...maybe even two. But to get to 10 Super Bowls with a chance to win a seventh (which would nearly double the second place number of 4 held by Bradshaw and Montana) is once-in-a-lifetime stuff in a league rigged against dynasties and built for parity.

Just be thankful you were born at the right time to be alive to witness this greatness. It'll be something you tell your grandkids and great-grandkids about. Maybe by then, Patrick Mahomes will have accrued the numbers and titles to supplant Brady as the GOAT. But he's still a long way away.

Besides, not only can I not ever cheer for Kansas City to win anything. I cannot root for a quarterback who ruins steak by pouring ketchup all over it. I thank those State Farm commercials for showing what a barbarian Patrick Mahomes is.

Go Brady. Go Buccaneers.

Naturally, I have a sinking feeling that the Chiefs are going to win in a blowout. Don't know if Tampa Bay can stop Kansas City's speed.

Enjoy the game everyone.

But, but, but, Tom deflated his balls!!! You know if I could deflate my balls I could win several super bowls as well, plus work the uneven bars as a bonus.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Nothing gets me in the mood for football than the old NFL Films music by Sam Spence, Laurie Johnson and others used by NFL Films for their highlights. This always gets me pumped! If this doesn't get @redrum misty-eyed, nothing will.

They blocked the video. You Tube is run by assholes.