2020 NFL Thread

Walter

On 12/8/2020 at 12:16 PM, redrum said:

49er are the cellar dwellers this year. Levi stadium is cursed it appears. And the Seahawks ain't as good as they always brag to be.

They (49’ers) are playing home games in Arizona. 

If Geoff  just plays mistake free the Rams will win this game.  But of course the Sunday night game is the best game this week.  Steelers at Bills. I want to see Josh carve them up like he carved up the 49ers top 5 defense and made them look like a high school team. GO BILLS AND GO RAMS.  Not sure about that Raiders vs Indy game?  Most of the experts are picking Indy because so far the Raiders have no defense at all. That is what they need to polish up in the off season. I still think the Raiders could win it in a shootout?  I just took the over though.  The Eagles will start that kid Hurts.  Seems now the Giants and Skins will slug it out for the East and there is the possibility if you can believe it that two teams could come out of the NFC Least.  Oh, KC at Miami is another big one.  If your boys can steal this one Paul, you might be partying for some time.  But it will take much more offense than Miami has had recently.  If I were them I would feel better with Fitz now. And of course the kid is the future. 

Everyone but Flories on NFL channel is picking the Giants.  Me too.  That is scary.  So I am wondering if the smart money is on the Cardinals ere?  Maybe too much love for the Giants too soon?  Maybe not.   The Indy vs Vegas game is HUGE.   Vegas needs this game big time. Their defense is s nightmare but I think they could still overcome it with the offense.  

How Bout dem Cowboys?  Huh Walter?  You still reading Walter?

Miami vs KC.  Mahomes will see the top two defenses in the NFL next two games.  Miami and New Orleans.   At seasons start did anyone think either of these defenses would be ranked so hight?  Just note, the Bills are on the rise on D.  We have Milano back.  The old Bills D is back.  Look out

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Everyone but Flories on NFL channel is picking the Giants.  Me too.  That is scary.  So I am wondering if the smart money is on the Cardinals ere?  Maybe too much love for the Giants too soon?  Maybe not.   The Indy vs Vegas game is HUGE.   Vegas needs this game big time. Their defense is s nightmare but I think they could still overcome it with the offense.  

How Bout dem Cowboys?  Huh Walter?  You still reading Walter?

Miami vs KC.  Mahomes will see the top two defenses in the NFL next two games.  Miami and New Orleans.   At seasons start did anyone think either of these defenses would be ranked so hight?  Just note, the Bills are on the rise on D.  We have Milano back.  The old Bills D is back.  Look out

We’re injured, with a shit coaching staff and playing with no heart. Top 5 draft pick in each round will help. 

Fun fact: the Colts have won the AFC East more recently than the Buffalo Bills. 

First time I get to see Miami since they played the Bills early on.  I know they are better since then but so are we.  Miami has their top 3 running backs out and a key LB out.  Does not help their cause to upset KC.   But KC has been known to get lazy.  Like vs the Raiders.

I just do not know what to expect in that Giants game.  I like my Bills chances. Bring your bitch ass on Tomlin

I guess I have to cheer for KC here.  But Miami should make the playoffs even if they lose here.  I just do not like the Raiders on defense.  The Raiders really need this game today

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

5 minutes ago, Strider said:

Miami is hanging in there...better than I thought they would without Van Noy and their other injuries.

Miami is getting turnovers but they need to convert them into touchdowns. And their receivers need to catch the damn ball.

Two deflections. Not bad pass's by Mahomes who is about to take KC in again it appears.  1st and goal at 5.  Will take some doing to keep them out.  Touchdown.  Kan zas City.  When you got the bitch's on the ropes you have to make them pay.  Good night Irene.  Bring on Fitz if you want to win.  

I hope the Bills blow the Steelers out!!!

My condolences Paul.  But your team is on the rise. Not easy to beat these guys.  We had a shot early in year but Bass, the rookie killed us by missing that FG.  I think our next shot can be different.  But first, there is Pittsburgh.  Miami just forced a fumble.  But I would feel better with Fitz for  big comeback.  The kid is going to be good but its takes time. Just like it took time for Josh Allen to develope.  I think Miami is holding themselves back

Go Raiders at 4.  Good shot Sean.  Need to play like vs Chiefs.  Raiders have the offense

Where ya going rookie?  Tua.  Punk.  Put Fitz in if you want to score.

SAFETY

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

The Bills can win the East with a win or a Miami loss.  Miami will not like the conditions in Buffalo on their Jan 3rd visit.  They have two warm weather games before that and that will be their first game in these elements.  I am not sure if Tua has ever played in the cold?  If the Bills have the division wrapped up, and do not need the game, cannot catch KC ie, they likely sit starters?  I see KC possibly only losing one game.  At NO could be a loss but that means they are either going 15-1 or 14-2 as they get  the Bungels and Chargers in other two games. The Bills should be at number 2 in the power rankings.  We have a better defense than Green Bay all day.  And play a much more difficult schedule.  I see the NFC as a 3 team race.  NO< Rams and Green Bay and in my book the best team is, the Los Angeles Rams.  In the NFC, no doubt. What I really would not like is a Bills vs Rams Super Bowl but it would be better than watching KC go back.  I really believe the Bills can get to KC for the title game. If the Rams play the Saints, there will be the memories of the non call. But the Rams earned that win.  They are solid.  Jarod Geoff has to be at his best for them to get there.  They are loaded and so are the Bills and KC.  To me easily the best 3 in football.  I give Pittsburgh credit for their defense.  They are good.  But their offense is not great. Not even close to the Bills or KC.  Indy and Tennessee and Cleveland are all good also. Tonights game should be a good one.  The Ravens pretty much "own" Cleveland.  The Browns must prove they can beat them.After tonight the Ravens should run the table as their schedule is a joke. 

I cant remember the last time the Bills were 7 point road favorites.  Miami is up to 2.5 vs NE and that is not enough IMO.  Once again the Bills and Dolphins are the best teams in the East.  I remember when Miami was here back in the day and that crazy Canuck went over Niagara Falls in a barrel.  LOL.  He lived to get the handcuffs slapped on him too!  I think he was good and drunk, who wouldn't be if they were going to do something so crazy?

Colin Cowherd's power rankings this week:

1.  Buffalo Bills  (yes!!!!!!)  he has the Bills as the BEST TEAM IN THE NFL

2  KC

3 Green Bay  ( most, CBS, and ESPN have them top 3.  I disagree.  And I would toss Seattle. Take them out.  Browns should be in top 10.  Tough loss to Ravens does not knock them down much on my list. 

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

16 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, the effort was there, but realistically I expected what happened, in that our defense would keep us in the game, but trying to outscore the Chiefs is a very tall task. 

Then I flipped over to Fox and watched the Eagles step all over the Saints (wow)...  😲

Your team was without many key players.  So do not forget that. I expect them to roll the Patriots regardless. Yesterday I heard something scary.  NE and Billy boy going after Stafford.  The Lions need the cap room.  NE would want him badly.  Imagine this division with Trevor Lawrence (if the Jets dont mess it up), Tua, Stafford and Josh Allen

I think he can with the right weapons. He has proved his value as a very high rated fantasy player, at least up to the injury of last year.  Not easy when you have Bozos running the team like Lions and Chargers now.  The Chargers coach is a numbskull if there ever was one.  Raiders win tonight!!  Book it.  Bills win East!!!  Book that too

6 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Personally, I never thought much of Stafford. I would put him in a category with someone like Matt Ryan--capable, but will never lead a team to the promised land...

This is where we need the expertise of @Bong-Man who has surely seen more Matt Stafford games than anyone. I mean, whenever I watch a Detroit Lion game…which is rarely…the announcers talk up Stafford as one of the greats and show his profligate numbers and stats. But I just don't see him as being all that great…he always seems to throw the crushing pick or get sacked at a key moment whenever I watch him play a big game.

Of course, he is cursed for playing for one of the sad-sack franchises of all time with a litany of some of the worst coaches to ever stalk the sideline. Even the refs seem to hate the Lions...burn them repeatedly on bizarre calls and rulings. They have had multiple great players retire early rather than suffer through more losing seasons…Barry Sanders, Chris Spielman, etc.

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Stick a fork in the Raiders. They're done.

I said the same thing and then I looked at the schedule. The Baltimore Ravens have the dick schedule.  Ill put them in for sure and they are the only team I do not want to see before KC.  Cleveland should be safe.  As long as they take care of the stinking Giants and I believe they will.  So Miami and Iny or Tenn (whichever does not win the South) are the other teams that will fight for the other  one.  Miami has a tough schedule and one of those game is at the Raiders.  If the Raiders win that game they could own the tie breaker over Miami?  Indy or Tenn could stumble.  Its a long explanation but depends on the schedule.  Colts must play at Steelers.  Tenn at GB.  Raiders must beat Dolphins, not easy.  And then win at Denver. AND get help.  Cheer for the Texans.

NFC, Cardinals had best beat the Eagles or they are toast.  They then have 49ers and Rams. Rams 7-0 vs Cardinals in McVay era.  I think the 49ers will roll Dallas.  Lets see.  Jimmy G is close but I think another week?

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!🏈

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I said the same thing and then I looked at the schedule. The Baltimore Ravens have the dick schedule.  Ill put them in for sure and they are the only team I do not want to see before KC.  Cleveland should be safe.  As long as they take care of the stinking Giants and I believe they will.  So Miami and Iny or Tenn (whichever does not win the South) are the other teams that will fight for the other  one.  Miami has a tough schedule and one of those game is at the Raiders.  If the Raiders win that game they could own the tie breaker over Miami?  Indy or Tenn could stumble.  Its a long explanation but depends on the schedule.  Colts must play at Steelers.  Tenn at GB.  Raiders must beat Dolphins, not easy.  And then win at Denver. AND get help.  Cheer for the Texans.

NFC, Cardinals had best beat the Eagles or they are toast.  They then have 49ers and Rams. Rams 7-0 vs Cardinals in McVay era.  I think the 49ers will roll Dallas.  Lets see.  Jimmy G is close but I think another week?

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!🏈

Dude…the Raiders were lucky to beat the woeful Jets and they couldn't beat a crappy 4-9 Charger team. They are not playoff-worthy.

Good luck to your Bills today. Hope they clobber the Broncos.

On 12/12/2020 at 7:51 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Let’s see who wins it now

Every blind squirrel finds a nut sometime. I mean the JETS have won multiple division titles since y’all. Congrats. Looking forward to seeing how the AFC playoffs play out.