Untitled

apantherfrommd

There is no reason to title this thread.

I've bought many Led Zeppelin books, and vested a hefty fortune. I am wondering what the best book is regarding the Untitled album.

The last album which I liked each track was Houses of the Holy. But the Untitled album is ultimately the best.

Are there any books solely on this album?

I understand that some books are costly, but it's no difference to me if it costs more than a few weeks of groceries. Thanks in advance.

^^^

Cost of groceries recently is killing me. Bacon is twice as much as it used to be.

My favorite album is still Tommy--- but recently I've been listening to Thick As A  Brick a lot.

3 hours ago, kipper said:

^^^

Cost of groceries recently is killing me. Bacon is twice as much as it used to be.

My favorite album is still Tommy--- but recently I've been listening to Thick As A  Brick a lot.

I love the Tommy album, played it yesterday and the day before (LP's) Today I might play the Blu-ray or the SACD for the surround mix (both different mixes), maybe I'll play both. TAAB could do with a listen too, it's been a few months....

9 hours ago, JTM said:

I love the Tommy album, played it yesterday and the day before (LP's) Today I might play the Blu-ray or the SACD for the surround mix (both different mixes), maybe I'll play both. TAAB could do with a listen too, it's been a few months....

My wake up alarm device is programmed to play Sparks every morning.  LOVE that song!

Our "generation" may not have been the greatest generation, but we had the best of all worlds of music.

Don't want to derail the thread, but this one also by Hoskyns looks interesting.

Arthur Lee: Alone Again or - Hoskyns, Barney

Arthur Lee and the band he fronted, Love, are widely acknowledged as one of the finest and most influential groups of the late 1960s, their psychedelic-folk masterpiece, Forever Changes, regularly appearing high in polls of the greatest albums of all time.

2 minutes ago, redrum said:

Don't want to derail the thread, but this one also by Hoskyns looks interesting.

Arthur Lee: Alone Again or - Hoskyns, Barney

Arthur Lee and the band he fronted, Love, are widely acknowledged as one of the finest and most influential groups of the late 1960s, their psychedelic-folk masterpiece, Forever Changes, regularly appearing high in polls of the greatest albums of all time.

Cool video

They were an early 'punk" influence.

On 8/1/2020 at 1:53 PM, kipper said:

What the hell is "Tik Tok"?   Never heard of it until today....

I  must be old:unsure:

Tik ToK is a phone app owned by china that allows you make your own video and post on the platform.  It's being banned around the world right now because china can access all your information without the user knowing it.

6 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Tik ToK is a phone app owned by china that allows you make your own video and post on the platform.  It's being banned around the world right now because china can access all your information without the user knowing it.

Those pesky Chinese!  Darn them!  Everyday I get a phone call  with a recorded message in Chinese. I wonder what they want from me?

Edited by kipper

2 hours ago, redrum said:

Saw them once at Winterland.

Which did you like better, The Winterland, the Cow Palace,  or the Fillmore?

Here in SoCal a lot of great venues are now gone. Some of my favorites which are now gone were:

Perkin's Palace in Pasadena

The Golden Bear in Huntington Beach

The Universal Amphitheater (before they put the roof on it)

The Los Angeles Sports Arena.

The Forum is still here and made a comeback of sorts under ownership by MSG.  Waaaaay better than the Staples center.

The Long Beach arena I still like.

We still have plenty of smaller clubs like The Troubadour, The Whiskey, and The Roxy. And of course we still have The Hollywood Bowl and my outdoor favorite The Greek Theater.

Edited by kipper

3 hours ago, kipper said:

Which did you like better, The Winterland, the Cow Palace,  or the Fillmore?

Here in SoCal a lot of great venues are now gone. Some of my favorites which are now gone were:

Perkin's Palace in Pasadena

The Golden Bear in Huntington Beach

The Universal Amphitheater (before they put the roof on it)

The Los Angeles Sports Arena.

The Forum is still here and made a comeback of sorts under ownership by MSG.  Waaaaay better than the Staples center.

The Long Beach arena I still like.

We still have plenty of smaller clubs like The Troubadour, The Whiskey, and The Roxy. And of course we still have The Hollywood Bowl and my outdoor favorite The Greek Theater.

Winterland was the biggest and the Fillmore was only a couple blocks away. Actually, I liked the Avalon Ballroom (Family Dog) the best. The Carousel was OK on Market St. and the Family Dog later opened the old skating rink in SF right at the beach. I saw Eric Burdon & War there. It was pretty small.

Jerry's Brokendown Palaces: Family Dog On The Great Highway, 660 ...

17 hours ago, redrum said:

Winterland was the biggest and the Fillmore was only a couple blocks away. Actually, I liked the Avalon Ballroom (Family Dog) the best. The Carousel was OK on Market St. and the Family Dog later opened the old skating rink in SF right at the beach. I saw Eric Burdon & War there. It was pretty small.

Jerry's Brokendown Palaces: Family Dog On The Great Highway, 660 ...

I had only been to the Cow Palace once, and that was for some stupid dog show my sister was competing in. I  also visited Kezar stadium once, but I went to Kezar just searching out filming locations from the Dirty Harry movie. I also went to the City Hall, Mt Davidson Cross, the bluff overlooking Fort Point, and then to the train trellis Clint Eastwood jumped off onto the bus.   I'm a big fan of that movie obviously.

Isn't amazing how California is like two separate states. Talking SoCal vs NoCal.  SF is so different than Los Angeles, and people in this state could basically live their whole lives not experiencing one or the other.  I would say the rock music scene was probably more limited in SF as compared to LA / Hollywood, but just my perspective. I think the reason LA was bigger was because more of the music studios and record labels where down here.  What do you think Red?  Was the scene on Haight street bigger than the scene in Laurel Canyon?  Ironically many of the same people were at times at both places.

9 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I hate all the comic book movies, but I watched this scene FOUR TIMES over the weekend on TBS:

Pretty cool!  Was Immigrant Song (the Zeppelin track) actually in the film?  I remember when they wouldn't allow their songs in films; I think Fast Times At Ridgemont High was one of the first---- but they liked Cameron Crowe and his wife.

You know I was recently told that "The Immigrant Song" was "insensitive/not PC". Never heard that before. I always just thought it a great song about 'my people'.... 😁

"Immigrant Song" was actually used TWICE in that movie - a short version played at the beginning when Thor was fighting the demon that wanted to start Ragnarok.  A version of "Immigrant Song" was actually also in "Shrek 3" believe it or not!  Jimmy must have decided those royalties are worth it cuz I've heard Zep songs in a LOT of movies sine "Fast Times"!  

23 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I hate all the comic book movies, but I watched this scene FOUR TIMES over the weekend on TBS:

The marvel movies aren't all that bad. I like them because it's pure escapism. Personally I would love to see sci fi move away from shit happening on earth just so I could get further away from what's happen here but c'est la vie .  To me,  The worst use was in  shrek III it sounded terrible and the way they changed it to be the character's voice ruined it.     I would have loved it if they had used the live BBC version for the second fight because it would have been cool to hear while Thor fought all the freaks on the bridge to the solo. For me it is one of Jimmy's most poignant solos. It's short and to the point but builds a lot of tension, I always say its the solo he would have added in the studio had he wanted.  Too bad they would never do it that but I think it's use in Ragnarok is the most effective use of a Zeppelin song in a movie so far.