Untitled

apantherfrommd

8 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Kipper,

Found it...pretty funny!

Never saw this before, pretty funny. I like the way it starts out paying homage to some lame Disney film, and then make fun of the Disney film.

8 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

"Immigrant Song" was actually used TWICE in that movie - a short version played at the beginning when Thor was fighting the demon that wanted to start Ragnarok.  A version of "Immigrant Song" was actually also in "Shrek 3" believe it or not!  Jimmy must have decided those royalties are worth it cuz I've heard Zep songs in a LOT of movies sine "Fast Times"!  

I believe at about the time they decided to put a Zep song in a Cadillac commercial, they were no longer as concerned about the song legacies as much as good old $$$.

Anyone remember these?

I used to carry them with me to use in retaliation against annoying cigarette smokers who wouldn't mind their smoke at restaurants back when people could still smoke inside restaurants. If I asked someone to "please mind where their cigarette smoking was going" and if they were assholes about it, then I would light one of these awful things up and return the favor. 

These things smelled like a wet dog and a dead cat rolled up into a cigar.

On 8/3/2020 at 5:56 PM, kipper said:

I had only been to the Cow Palace once, and that was for some stupid dog show my sister was competing in. I  also visited Kezar stadium once, but I went to Kezar just searching out filming locations from the Dirty Harry movie. I also went to the City Hall, Mt Davidson Cross, the bluff overlooking Fort Point, and then to the train trellis Clint Eastwood jumped off onto the bus.   I'm a big fan of that movie obviously.

Isn't amazing how California is like two separate states. Talking SoCal vs NoCal.  SF is so different than Los Angeles, and people in this state could basically live their whole lives not experiencing one or the other.  I would say the rock music scene was probably more limited in SF as compared to LA / Hollywood, but just my perspective. I think the reason LA was bigger was because more of the music studios and record labels where down here.  What do you think Red?  Was the scene on Haight street bigger than the scene in Laurel Canyon?  Ironically many of the same people were at times at both places.

Been to the Cow Palace many times, including motorcycle swap meets. Saw AC/DC there. (For Those About To Rock) A rodeo and roller derby too. I remember seeing on the news when Evel Knievel was there and busted a few Hells Angels heads.

image.jpeg.7ba28873b6e916ce02676feaf18462e6.jpeg

My high school was right across the street from Kezar. Went there as a kid to a couple 49er games in the 50's. We would scramble after the game to return the seat cushions and get 5 cents for each one we turned in. You were lucky to get 2. I took ROTC in high school over gym class as they made you run around Kezar 3 times in gym class. Fuck that. I loved marching with the M-1  Garand, doing the manual of arms and learning my general orders. That was in 1965. 3 years later I took my draft physical and they didn't want me. It was the drugs, ya know. Wish I'd never touched that rotten shit. Yeah, the Dirty Harry scene at Kezar was just so classic, especially the pull away shot with the helicopter where you could see the fog rolling in. Fort Point was a fave hangout as I liked to fish there. It was an oasis from the city. I never went up to the Mt. Davidson cross. I'm surprised they haven't toppled it too. Haight St. was very cool for a couple years until speed took over and crime went up. I really didn't know much about the L.A. scene, but met some people who came up from Lynnwood?? and they were definitely different. I always rode the bus to the concerts. One more place that became a venue was the Straight Theater, formerly The Haight. Went there many times as a kid to see horror movies. The company I worked for demolished it.

Straight Theater demolished - FoundSF

4 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

How long will our governments allow these cowards to kill innocent people?

Lots of speculation. They even blamed Israel.

What caused the explosions?

The exact cause remains undetermined. The first blast may have been in a fireworks warehouse at the port. Officials say the second, more devastating explosion most likely came from a nearby 2,750-ton stockpile of ammonium nitrate, a highly explosive chemical often used as fertilizer, which Prime Minister Hassan Diab said had been stored in a depot for six years.

Back to Zeppelin.

2 hours ago, redrum said:

The exact cause remains undetermined. The first blast may have been in a fireworks warehouse at the port. Officials say the second, more devastating explosion most likely came from a nearby 2,750-ton stockpile of ammonium nitrate, a highly explosive chemical often used as fertilizer, which Prime Minister Hassan Diab said had been stored in a depot for six years.

Back to Zeppelin.

If the Israelies did it they are just as bad for taking innocent lives.

1 hour ago, RainbowElf said:

If the Israelies did it they are just as bad for taking innocent lives.

Not the israelis.

https://www.startribune.com/massive-explosion-shakes-lebanon-s-capital-beirut/572004272/

Interior Minister Mohammed Fahmi told a local TV station that it appeared the blast was caused by the detonation of more than 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate that had been stored in a warehouse at the dock ever since it was confiscated from a cargo ship in 2014. Witnesses reported seeing an orange cloud like that which appears when toxic nitrogen dioxide gas is released after an explosion involving nitrates.

Videos showed what appeared to be a fire erupting nearby just before, and local TV stations reported that a fireworks warehouse was involved. The fire appeared to spread to a nearby building, triggering the more massive explosion, sending up a mushroom cloud and generating a shock wave.

5 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Not the israelis.

https://www.startribune.com/massive-explosion-shakes-lebanon-s-capital-beirut/572004272/

Interior Minister Mohammed Fahmi told a local TV station that it appeared the blast was caused by the detonation of more than 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate that had been stored in a warehouse at the dock ever since it was confiscated from a cargo ship in 2014. Witnesses reported seeing an orange cloud like that which appears when toxic nitrogen dioxide gas is released after an explosion involving nitrates.

Videos showed what appeared to be a fire erupting nearby just before, and local TV stations reported that a fireworks warehouse was involved. The fire appeared to spread to a nearby building, triggering the more massive explosion, sending up a mushroom cloud and generating a shock wave.

So it was an accident of some sort or a fire that broke out.

Edited by RainbowElf
Typo

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

Not the israelis.

Wow, that is a lot of ammonium nitrate... basically fertilizer but can be used to make explosives.  Kind of what was used by the Oklahoma City bomber.

Either somebody screwed up... or maybe something else?

18 hours ago, redrum said:

Been to the Cow Palace many times, including motorcycle swap meets. Saw AC/DC there. (For Those About To Rock) A rodeo and roller derby too. I remember seeing on the news when Evel Knievel was there and busted a few Hells Angels heads.

My high school was right across the street from Kezar. Went there as a kid to a couple 49er games in the 50's. We would scramble after the game to return the seat cushions and get 5 cents for each one we turned in. You were lucky to get 2. I took ROTC in high school over gym class as they made you run around Kezar 3 times in gym class. Fuck that. I loved marching with the M-1  Garand, doing the manual of arms and learning my general orders. That was in 1965. 3 years later I took my draft physical and they didn't want me. It was the drugs, ya know. Wish I'd never touched that rotten shit. Yeah, the Dirty Harry scene at Kezar was just so classic, especially the pull away shot with the helicopter where you could see the fog rolling in. Fort Point was a fave hangout as I liked to fish there. It was an oasis from the city. I never went up to the Mt. Davidson cross. I'm surprised they haven't toppled it too. Haight St. was very cool for a couple years until speed took over and crime went up. I really didn't know much about the L.A. scene, but met some people who came up from Lynnwood?? and they were definitely different. I always rode the bus to the concerts. One more place that became a venue was the Straight Theater, formerly The Haight. Went there many times as a kid to see horror movies. The company I worked for demolished it.

Very cool info Red!  

1965 puts you there before the so called "summer of love"... or about the time old Charlie Manson was paroled and came to SF.  LOL!  Why couldn't you guys keep him up there, he caused a lot of problem down here in my area.

The Mount Davidson cross (originally I believe to memorialize soldiers killed in WW1) was transferred from public property to an Armenian group who changed it to a comemartion of the Armenian genocide in Turkey.  I know plenty of Armenians, and last thing some "peaceful protestors" would want to do is assault their property and get into a fight with some angry Armenians ... especially the grandmothers.

Last time I was on Haight Street the biggest attraction was a Ben & Jerry's---- so a far cry from what the place used to be I suppose.  Lots of head shops and tie dyed t shirt stores with French and German tourists taking a lot of photos.   I guess everything changes.

On 8/5/2020 at 6:55 PM, kipper said:

Very cool info Red!  

1965 puts you there before the so called "summer of love"... or about the time old Charlie Manson was paroled and came to SF.  LOL!  Why couldn't you guys keep him up there, he caused a lot of problem down here in my area.

The Mount Davidson cross (originally I believe to memorialize soldiers killed in WW1) was transferred from public property to an Armenian group who changed it to a comemartion of the Armenian genocide in Turkey.  I know plenty of Armenians, and last thing some "peaceful protestors" would want to do is assault their property and get into a fight with some angry Armenians ... especially the grandmothers.

Last time I was on Haight Street the biggest attraction was a Ben & Jerry's---- so a far cry from what the place used to be I suppose.  Lots of head shops and tie dyed t shirt stores with French and German tourists taking a lot of photos.   I guess everything changes.

Yeah, I may have seen that creep walking around plotting shit. I'm sure he was mesmerizing his army of looney tune chicks. May he rot in hell forever. (My nephew was in Vacaville with him for a while).  I didn't know that about Mt. Davidson.

We were expecting Haight-Ashbury to be special, a creative and artistic place, filled with Beautiful People, but it was horrible – full of ghastly drop-outs, bums and spotty youths, all out of their brains. Everybody looked stoned – even mothers and babies – and they were so close behind us they were treading on the backs of our heels. It got to the point where we couldn’t stop for fear of being trampled. Then somebody said, ‘Let’s go to Hippie Hill,’ and we crossed the grass, our retinue facing us, as if we were on stage. They looked as us expectantly – as if George was some kind of Messiah.

After George Harrison visited the Haight.

On 8/5/2020 at 12:40 AM, redrum said:

Every time I hear the song 'Celebration Day' I think of hippie hill. Not that I was ever there then.... just the photos.

I remember reading a story about Ft Point (the actual Fort) being a place were satanists used to go to do rituals. Not sure if true, but you know SF.... anything goes.

Wish they still made films like Dirty Harry (the first one).  Some great films were done in SF in that era. Dirty Harry, Bullet, Point Blank, Once a Thief. Not sure if you could do a film there like those again with all the homeless and poop everywhere.

I remember seeing an interview with one of the Manson girls (not one who was ever charged with murder), and according to her Charlie wanted to leave SF because it was too messed up with too many problems.  Imagine the irony in that?

Did you hear about the Haight-Ashbury free clininic closing after 50+ years?  That was where Charles Manson's parole officer worked out of. Someone recently wrote a book saying that the government was doing experiments with LSD and mind control and using the clinic (back in the  '60s) as a place to find subjects to experiment on. Some big CIA thing about trying to see if LSD could be used to alter people's memories, especially soldiers, and use them as operatives. The U.S. Russia, and China were big into that during the Korean war and after.  So some guy writes a book about the CIA Mason connection and suddenly they close that clinic.  Coincidence?  Who knows?

spacer.png

Edited by kipper

On 8/8/2020 at 11:46 AM, kipper said:

Every time I hear the song 'Celebration Day' I think of hippie hill. Not that I was ever there then.... just the photos.

I remember reading a story about Ft Point (the actual Fort) being a place were satanists used to go to do rituals. Not sure if true, but you know SF.... anything goes.

Wish they still made films like Dirty Harry (the first one).  Some great films were done in SF in that era. Dirty Harry, Bullet, Point Blank, Once a Thief. Not sure if you could do a film there like those again with all the homeless and poop everywhere.

I remember seeing an interview with one of the Manson girls (not one who was ever charged with murder), and according to her Charlie wanted to leave SF because it was too messed up with too many problems.  Imagine the irony in that?

Did you hear about the Haight-Ashbury free clininic closing after 50+ years?  That was where Charles Manson's parole officer worked out of. Someone recently wrote a book saying that the government was doing experiments with LSD and mind control and using the clinic (back in the  '60s) as a place to find subjects to experiment on. Some big CIA thing about trying to see if LSD could be used to alter people's memories, especially soldiers, and use them as operatives. The U.S. Russia, and China were big into that during the Korean war and after.  So some guy writes a book about the CIA Mason connection and suddenly they close that clinic.  Coincidence?  Who knows?

spacer.png

I'm so glad those days are long gone, except for the time we had a garage band. I never had to use the free clinic. 😄 Could be true about the LSD. The Owsley stuff was very potent.The Satan thing was probably Anton Lavey who was into that shit. He even had Jayne Mansfield into it I guess. The girl can't help it.

The Odd Friendship of Bombshell Jayne Mansfield and Satanist Anton ...

Eastwood could do a new film and call it: 'Dirty Harry Steps In It.'

Charles Manson Dance GIF | Gfycat

On 8/5/2020 at 4:00 PM, redrum said:

Back to Zeppelin.

All speculation but interesting in-depth analysis of what happened:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1293770735450648576.html

10 hours ago, redrum said:

I'm so glad those days are long gone, except for the time we had a garage band. I never had to use the free clinic. 😄 Could be true about the LSD. The Owsley stuff was very potent.The Satan thing was probably Anton Lavey who was into that shit. He even had Jayne Mansfield into it I guess. The girl can't help it.

The Odd Friendship of Bombshell Jayne Mansfield and Satanist Anton ...

Eastwood could do a new film and call it: 'Dirty Harry Steps In It.'

Charles Manson Dance GIF | Gfycat

That’s Charlie listening to the Dead, lol!