Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
The Pagemeister

What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

1 hour ago, paplbojo said:

Cannot get this out of my head.

Quite catchy, ain't it? ūüé∂

4 hours ago, paplbojo said:

Cannot get this out of my head.

I was reading "David Copperfield" by Charles Dickens and guess who was there? 

I came over to alert y'all to Knox Fortune, but we'll rock with this tonight. I'll be sharing Knox Fortune in a day or so. Hope u'l give him a chance.

Edit: At 2:15 is that his voice? It looks like it. 

Edited by paplbojo

On 3/21/2018 at 3:42 PM, Strider said:

All the early Uriah Heep albums have been released in deluxe remastered editions with bonus discs. It is well worth the $15 to pick up these double-disc sets. For instance, you get this slamming tune on the "Demons & Wizards" bonus disc. Hard to believe they left this song off the album. Killer bass by Mark Clarke!

A related release from 1972 that's worth a listen is Lucifer's Friend's self titled first album. John Lawton, the singer here, sang with Uriah Heep starting in '77. And if you like this album, check out the band Electric Food, which is basically Lucifer's Friend with a different singer. Silly name, really good band. 

Just discovered this wacky Japanese band CHAI. Their first album is called "Pink". Natch. Reminds me a little of Deerhoof.

Edited by Strider

From 1989 by Lowell Liebermann, born 1961.  I saw a live performance of this around 10 years ago (not by Liebermann) and was blown away.  The real excitement is in movement IV, around 6:32.   I really like these videos where they have the score along with the audio.  There are tons of them on YouTube with some amazing music.

Love the old surf type music from amazing guitarists like this.  Definitely an influence on Jimmy Page.  You hear bits of this in the live versions of  "White Summer."

Another master of the axe from this era with Hank Marvin and The Shadows.

PLAY LOUD

Edited by The Rover

I like the videos with the scores along the music, too.

Johann Sebastian Bach wrote two masterpieces for Good Friday service: St. John Passion and St. Matthew Passion. This is the final choir piece from St. Matthew Passion.

But remember: One cross each

Edited by LedZed66