What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

From 1989 by Lowell Liebermann, born 1961.  I saw a live performance of this around 10 years ago (not by Liebermann) and was blown away.  The real excitement is in movement IV, around 6:32.   I really like these videos where they have the score along with the audio.  There are tons of them on YouTube with some amazing music.

I like the videos with the scores along the music, too.

Johann Sebastian Bach wrote two masterpieces for Good Friday service: St. John Passion and St. Matthew Passion. This is the final choir piece from St. Matthew Passion.

But remember: One cross each

Edited by LedZed66

The Ian Gillan-Murray Head 1970 original rock opera album. Accept no substitutes. The 1973 film is a pale imitation..only Carl Anderson's Judas is memorable from that version, and Barry Dennen (Pilate) and Yvonne Eliman (Mary Magdalene) reprising their roles from the original.

The band used on the 1970 album were members of Joe Cocker's Grease Band, including Henry McCullough on guitar. The bass player (lots of groovy bass lines on JCS) went on to play in Roxy Music.

I always wonder how Robert Plant would have been as Jesus? I wonder why nobody asked him to do any of the rock operas that were popular at the time...JCS, Godspell, Tommy, etc.?

Edited by Strider