2022 MLB Thread

Walter

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I DONT HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE KING ANY MORE THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!  LOL

I'm cool with that.  However, most of what I post about the Cardinals may be my opinion but a lot of what I espouse is the truth and mostly based on fact.  Probably the last thing I will say about the Saint Louis Cardinals (this year) is that at least they can be relied upon having a winning season year after year and a playoff spot at the end of the regular season(s).  Unlike yours and ebk's beloved Baltimore Orioles who have not made the post-season since 2016 (losing the Wild Card).  In fact, the Orioles had 14 consecutive losing seasons between 1998 and 2011.  That can never be said of the Cardinals.  Now, that is a fact.  Peace.

3 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I'm cool with that.  However, most of what I post about the Cardinals may be my opinion but a lot of what I espouse is the truth and mostly based on fact.  Probably the last thing I will say about the Saint Louis Cardinals (this year) is that at least they can be relied upon having a winning season year after year and a playoff spot at the end of the regular season(s).  Unlike yours and ebk's beloved Baltimore Orioles who have not made the post-season since 2016 (losing the Wild Card).  In fact, the Orioles had 14 consecutive losing seasons between 1998 and 2011.  That can never be said of the Cardinals.  Now, that is a fact.  Peace.

We beat you this year pal.  I like our chances moving forward.  We are in a tough division but I believe we can be right there next year.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

I apologize to all the Mets fans (especially @paul carruthers) - I haven't rooted for the Mets in 53 years (old sports grudges should be forever!), but I was pulling for them this year.  And look what that got me... 

I won't make that mistake again. 

Although, I do love Buck.  It's so difficult. 

No apologies necessary--having watched how the Mets gagged in September, when they were supposed to run through a cupcake schedule, I saw the October collapse coming a mile away.

I might be more angry that the Padres didn't finish us in a sweep, instead of giving some Mets fans hope in Game 3.

I won't even take any solace in the Dodgers beating down San Diego in the next round. Maybe I'll just spend the rest of the playoffs rooting for Houston or Cleveland...

6 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

No apologies necessary--having watched how the Mets gagged in September, when they were supposed to run through a cupcake schedule, I saw the October collapse coming a mile away.

I might be more angry that the Padres didn't finish us in a sweep, instead of giving some Mets fans hope in Game 3.

I won't even take any solace in the Dodgers beating down San Diego in the next round. Maybe I'll just spend the rest of the playoffs rooting for Houston or Cleveland...

Cleveland yes.  Why would you cheer for a cheating bunch of Astros?  To hell with Houston.  I am going to pick Seattle to beat them.  Dodgers and Atlanta on a collision course

Results of the Wild Card round.

Seattle @ Toronto: road team won.

Tampa Bay @ Cleveland: home team won.

Philadelphia @ St. Louis: road team won.

San Diego @ New York: road team won.

For the Division Series round, I am going all chalk.

Yankees over Indians.

Asstros over Mariners (my heart is with Seattle, though).

Braves over Phillies.

Dodgers over Padres.

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Not that I would ever overreact to one game--especially with how the Astros can hit--but this might be the day (and round) for big upsets. Of course, the Braves have bats, too, so even if they drop today's game, I won't sweat it.

Maybe Seattle is just better than I expected....  😳

Aww man, you jinxed it.

On 10/12/2022 at 4:17 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

How does Seattle blow that game?  Unreal.  

According to your dislike and constant complaining of the Houston Astros, they cheated.  How else do you explain that game ending and game winning home run?  You should have already known that.  If the Astros defeat Seattle, they cheated (somehow).  If the Houston Astros win the World Series, they cheated (again, somehow).  That will be your mantra:  "The Houston Astros are cheaters".  We (or at least I) expect that to be your response.  

Regardless, Go Astros (cheaters or NOT).  

8 hours ago, kingzoso said:

According to your dislike and constant complaining of the Houston Astros, they cheated.  How else do you explain that game ending and game winning home run?  You should have already known that.  If the Astros defeat Seattle, they cheated (somehow).  If the Houston Astros win the World Series, they cheated (again, somehow).  That will be your mantra:  "The Houston Astros are cheaters".  We (or at least I) expect that to be your response.  

Regardless, Go Astros (cheaters or NOT).  

Dumb ass manager

Go Indians, Phillies and Padres (even though I am not a fan of them because of that over-hyped and cocky Soto dude and I definetly do not like the Dodgers for the same reason).

I still want those cheating Astros to win it all.  If they are that good at cheating as some claim, they should have no problem at all.