2022 MLB Thread

Walter

On 7/9/2022 at 10:01 PM, paul carruthers said:

A win is a win, but I'll be damned if the Mets offense lately hasn't been enflaming my ulcers. And I'm not sure what big bats are on the free agent market, but we definitely need one.

I am very nervous about this upcoming series with the Braves...  :unsure:

Huge series I suppose.  But its still very early and I imagine many games are left between the two?  My Orioles have won 8 in a row and counting.  Cubs up next in Chitown.  Longest winning streak in 17 years I believe.  Hell, even longer when they went to ALCS with Buck.  This Orioles team is o the verge of being damn good.  Means will return next year and that will give us a solid rotation. I think Mountcastle should have been in all star game. Absolutely. Rememmber that kids name and Austin Hayes also.  The Cubs put up a bunch of runs on the Dodgers yesterday so I guess we have to be careful.  The Orioles never see the Cubs.  Rare encounter.  Two studs are pitching for the Mets and Braves tonight. Atlanta has carved the lead to 1.5.  Is anyone surprised.  The White Sox have had their troubles but I still think they can win the AL Central  Cleveland is a huge disappointment of late.  Fucking Plesac loses yesterday.  Fucked up my parlays something awful.  Losing to kC.  The shit bags.  

My Orioles have won 10 in a row!!!  Hey Esther, if you are out there you must be happy like me?   I am going to fly the flag.  Why not.  I have been a loyal O's fan for my entire life. You know once again they have proven they can build from the depths of the minors and draft.   My only fear is the usual.  The big market teams like the one that stole Machado will be watching.  I just love Mountcastle, Hayes and this kid Rutchman.  Watch out.  Urias, Santander, Odor and Mullins are all contributing.  And the pitching!!!  How about these young pitchers and a couple vets in there.  Wells might be our ace right now with Means out. Imagine if we had Means.  We have Wells ready to go in Tampa and Kremer to follow and then Voth who played on the Wash team that won the Series. Watkins won in N Chicago last night.  Some place called Wrigley field.  W10 in front of the Orioles. After the all star game they get a couple of favorable series in the near future but the final stretch will be tough

Makes me so damn mad that Boston has Trevor Story. What a crock of shit that is

Go O's!!!!!  Playoffs now very possible

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

My Orioles have won 10 in a row!!!  Hey Esther, if you are out there you must be happy like me?   I am going to fly the flag.  Why not.  I have been a loyal O's fan for my entire life. You know once again they have proven they can build from the depths of the minors and draft.   My only fear is the usual.  The big market teams like the one that stole Machado will be watching.  I just love Mountcastle, Hayes and this kid Rutchman.  Watch out.  Urias, Santander, Odor and Mullins are all contributing.  And the pitching!!!  How about these young pitchers and a couple vets in there.  Wells might be our ace right now with Means out. Imagine if we had Means.  We have Wells ready to go in Tampa and Kremer to follow and then Voth who played on the Wash team that won the Series. Watkins won in N Chicago last night.  Some place called Wrigley field.  W10 in front of the Orioles. After the all star game they get a couple of favorable series in the near future but the final stretch will be tough

Makes me so damn mad that Boston has Trevor Story. What a crock of shit that is

Go O's!!!!!  Playoffs now very possible

I'm here Rick!  (I believe there's a post from me a little about this...)  

It's a fun ride now.  I'm not going to project down the road (It's only the All Star break), but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. 

20 hours ago, ebk said:

I'm here Rick!  (I believe there's a post from me a little about this...)  

It's a fun ride now.  I'm not going to project down the road (It's only the All Star break), but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. 

I think its going to last because its only the beginning.  The pitching staff has been the biggest surprise.  Not Kremer but Wells and Watkins.  Now we need to beat the teams in the East. We are only 1.5 games back of Boston and Toronto.  And half a season remains. Wells goes tonight in Tampa.  Go O's!!!!!!!!!!!

Well 500 at all star break, Ill take it given its a rebuilding year, and now we are in the race.  We play the Yankees for 4 in Baltimore after All Star break.  Ill take a split. Wont be easy. But after that some very winnable series. 

It does not seem to me Kershaw or the AL starter are the correct picks to start this all star game?  Hell, the Dodgers have a guy that is like 10-1 with a stellar era.  So as usual they go with the big names of yesteryear.  It should be based on who is doing what now. Dont get me wrong, I really like Clayton Kershaw.  I hope the NL wins for snubbing Mountcastle

Well, I was correct with three of my Saint Louis Cardinals All-Star picks: Paul Goldschmidt, Nolan Arenado and Albert Pujols.  Add to that Miles Mikolas and Ryan Helsley for a total of five.  Not too bad for a team only .5 games behind the Brewers and with the sixth best record (so far) in the National League.  

Arenado opted out of the All-Star game due to lower back soreness and to rest up for the second half of the season.  (A classy move if you ask me.  Arenado does not seek all the attention the All-Star game would bring.  He just wants to help the Cardinals do what they do best-Win).

So, technically, four Cardinal All-Stars are in attendence for the All-Star game.  

9 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Well, I was correct with three of my Saint Louis Cardinals All-Star picks: Paul Goldschmidt, Nolan Arenado and Albert Pujols.  Add to that Miles Mikolas and Ryan Helsley for a total of five.  Not too bad for a team only .5 games behind the Brewers and with the sixth best record (so far) in the National League.  

Arenado opted out of the All-Star game due to lower back soreness and to rest up for the second half of the season.  (A classy move if you ask me.  Arenado does not seek all the attention the All-Star game would bring.  He just wants to help the Cardinals do what they do best-Win).

So, technically, four Cardinal All-Stars are in attendence for the All-Star game.  

The Orioles took an ex Cardinals kid with the first pick.  Holliday.  Son of the ex Cardinal

So 3-2 AL?  Not the type of score you would expect in an all star game. I remember back in the 70's the American league could not beat the National league. I think that they had won 8 in a row.  Boy things have changed.  Its for home field in the Series right?  Not that it means that much in baseball.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ebk said:

Yes I just learned of Vin's passing and I am a bit surprised his date of death is today, given the west coast its still the wee hours.   Why in the hell did our Orioles trade Lopez?  They must see something in that one pitcher?

Orioles sweep Texas and the Pirates come in tomorrow!!  Mets host Braves tonight. Im not watching a Raiders and Jax pre season game. No way.  Questionable move by Orioles trading Lopez.  I do not get it.  But I am suspecting they are not only trusting Bautista but have their eyes on the 6'4'' leftie they got in the deal?   Either way, they are hitting.  And Mountcastle is in a mini slump.  Mateo made up for it.  Clobbered two homers the other night. There is hope for my Orioles once again!!!!!

The Saint Louis Cardinals are currently tied with the Milwaukee Brewers for 1st place in the National League Central Division.  The Cardinals win four in a row while the Brewers lose four in a row.

The Cardinals begin a three day homestand with the Yankees, a not too often occurence between these two historical franchises and possibly a preview of the 2022 World Series.  I realize that alot of people will dimiss this claim although I did say possible, not probable.  Regardless of the outcome, my loyalty and devotion to the Saint Louis Cardinals will never waiver.

16 hours ago, kingzoso said:

The Saint Louis Cardinals are currently tied with the Milwaukee Brewers for 1st place in the National League Central Division.  The Cardinals win four in a row while the Brewers lose four in a row.

The Cardinals begin a three day homestand with the Yankees, a not too often occurence between these two historical franchises and possibly a preview of the 2022 World Series.  I realize that alot of people will dimiss this claim although I did say possible, not probable.  Regardless of the outcome, my loyalty and devotion to the Saint Louis Cardinals will never waiver.

Somehow the Brewers managed to blow 3 straight games to the Pirates after having multi run leads.  My Orioles are now 4 games over 500 in a division that is far tougher than yours.  Pirates in town and I thought for sure last night would be called for rain, and a double header played.  But no.  I cant believe a 1-0 win for my O's.  Shocking only 1 run in a game at Camden Yards.  Today is the 30 year anniversary celebration day, but you have to go back farther than that to honor Earl Weaver's Orioles.  The great team I followed when I was a teenager. Baltimore is on the way back to contention.  The Lopez trade is a head scratcher. But I believe they have their eyes on this leftie pitcher they got in the trade?   I wish Mancini the best in Houston. I am hoping we can sweep the Pirates. The Blue Jays come in next.  

Your Cardinals have done pretty well, though whoever wins that division is a fast out to any of the other 4.  Dodgers, Braves, Mets and Padres.

I put on the SD game the other day, I have purchased the remainder of the season on MLB given the recent incredible play of my Orioles, and saw Soto come up to bat.  He hits a fly ball into right field and the two clowns out there for Colorado let the ball drop right between them.  A Laurel and Hardy moment for sure.  They just watched it drop. Never seen a play that made two outfielders look like minor leaguers like that one. If you ask me, Soto is over rated and not worth the money

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

No longer Esther.  Were you in that crowd of 41000 yesterday?  Our future and even present look bright.  Means will  be back and Holliday is coming. And hoping for 6 in a row today

I know Rick. It's not bad baseball at the moment.  

I was not at the game yesterday, but we're getting ready to leave the house now for the game today.  Which, I'm sure since we're there, we will lose.