2022 MLB Thread

Walter

I see the Padres have really made up ground on the Dodgers since their whopping trade for Juan Soto.

The Dodgers are 10-3 against the Padres this season so far. The Dodgers have scored 77 runs total. The Padres only 30.

Edited by Strider

14 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

The Mets are about to gag away the division lead getting punked by little league teams like Washington and Pittsburgh & all I can do is reach for the Tums... :rolleyes:

it’s shocking!  I knew Atlanta was coming but did not foresee Mets crumbling and I feel for Buck who deserves better.  They should hang on to at least a wild card if they wake up?

meanwhile my Orioles need to win tonight 

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

The bad news is we lost the game.  The good news is Wells is FINALLY back.  So he will be inserted into the starting rotation, likely benching Watkins or sending him to the minors.  That gives us the starting rotation I wanted two months ago. But is it too late?  We shall see.  Its not like we are far back.  Seattle is another team we could make a run at. I see your Mets woke up Paul.  But we know Atlanta is going nowhere.  I still think the National league will come down to a great series between Dodgers and Atlanta. The Dodgers are a wrecking machine but so are Atlanta.. The winner of that, wins the series.  No AL team is ready to beat either

so the mets decided to swing the bats ! kids took me sundays to see Nats for my bday followed by dinner in little italy, great day, mets got pounded but got to see Seavers statue, hall of fame, etc... even caught a ball in right field which i grabbed bare handed and gave to a young girl couple rows back, anyways they have a weak schedule and need to capitalize on it or else its wild card for them, good news Braves have a  few games left with Phillies

22 hours ago, custard pie man said:

so the mets decided to swing the bats ! kids took me sundays to see Nats for my bday followed by dinner in little italy, great day, mets got pounded but got to see Seavers statue, hall of fame, etc... even caught a ball in right field which i grabbed bare handed and gave to a young girl couple rows back, anyways they have a weak schedule and need to capitalize on it or else its wild card for them, good news Braves have a  few games left with Phillies

Seaver, Palmer and McNally, Vida Blue, Koosman.  Those were the days.  Great pitchers .  Hard to figure the Mets

More Saint Louis Cardinals history in the making and in the (history) books not named Albert Pujols   Tonight, September 14, 2022, Adam Wainwright and Yadier Molina added their names to MLB history: 

Time-tested Waino-Yadi battery sets record that may never be broken

Cardinals duo makes AL/NL history with 325th start together.

Wainwright and Molina, teammates for the past 18 seasons, are already the most successful battery in NL/AL history. They came into Wednesday having already combined for 212 team wins, 10 more than Hall of Famer Warren Spahn had with catcher Del Crandall for the Braves.

Edited by kingzoso
Didn't mean to post the video twice but since it is history it should be viewed and respected as such (twice).

On 9/14/2022 at 11:50 AM, paul carruthers said:

If we get swept by the Cubs, I'll be speechless... :unsure:

Hello Paul, as a life long A’s fan, as well as a baseball fan, I think your Mets are going to get hot down the stretch. They have dealt with some injuries that other teams may have not been able to rebound or play as well through. I will say this team reminds me of some of the mid to late 80’s Mets teams as well as just really good consistent teams of that era. Great pitching, Bullpen is pretty tough. A very balanced lineup, with a good amount of Pop/power. But a lot of athletes throughout your team. Starters as well as bench/roll players. Then again, what the hell do I know, however, I can see this team getting hot in the playoffs, and with the arms that you guys can run out in a 7 game series, man they will be tough. The Braves are deep, and talented, as are the Dodgers, I personally think some teams are built for the season, and some are absolutely built for the playoffs. I think your Mets stack up well with any team in the Senior Circuit. Which, the National league is an absolute beast this year. The amount of really good teams is impressive. 

As an A’s fan that does not have any skin in the game, but you have a few of my favorite players from our last 4 year run, I would certainly like to see the Mets do some damage this year. Also, I know this is a few days late as they indeed did get swept, but this team is exciting. Good luck the rest of the way. If you do meet up with the Dodgers, I hope you guys crush em. 

^^ Yeah, the Mets have had a lot more slumps in the 2nd half of the season & I'm not sure what the answer is--does Buck just need to give some of the key guys like Pete Alonso or Lindor a few days off. Of course, with Atlanta hot on our trail, maybe Buck can't afford to rest anyone with the division still up for grabs.

I still worry about this team in the playoffs, even with the 1-2 punch of deGrom and Scherzer, but worrying must be part of the program when you're a Mets fan.... 😏

mets aren't hitting worth a darn last 20 games and then they  finally break out, score a bunch and then will have  another run of dismal run production, finishing first and getting a bye is huge for this team, maybe having such a weak schedule is bad for them lol, we should play dodgers and braves more, seem to hit, pitch and defend much better

Im throwing the towel in after last nights non show vs the freaking Tigers.  Unreal.  I just dont get this team at times.  They were right there. But in a total rebuild year its still very good strides they took. They likely finish with a winning record.  Leave Boston in last. Its not over but 5 games back now I believe.  Maybe 4.5?  But Seattle has a joke of a schedule getting Oakland constantly.  But the Tigers are not exactly fearsome either.  We have not beat the pesky little weasels yet.

On 9/5/2022 at 10:08 AM, Strider said:

I see the Padres have really made up ground on the Dodgers since their whopping trade for Juan Soto.

The Dodgers are 10-3 against the Padres this season so far. The Dodgers have scored 77 runs total. The Padres only 30.

You mean burial ground? 

😄

I was thinking about the "home run chase" by Aaron Judge & whether or not it's a deal, big or otherwise. Too bad the roids era had to fuck everything up for future generations, or else Judge trying to run down Maris would be a national story.

Either way--putting my Yankee hatred aside--I think I may be rooting for him to get the Triple Crown....

I didn't have a chance to post this earlier (I should have, something I now regret), but I had a very strong feeling that Albert would hit his MLB historic 700th home run during the Cardinals/Dodgers 3 game series this weekend.  I just did not expect it to happen tonight.  Number 699 and 700.  Maybe one homerun tonight and his 700th homerun on Saturday or Sunday.  Against (to some on here) the all-powerful Los Angeles Dodgers.  Seems very fitting to me.  Regardless of Albert Pujol's Major League Baseball historic achievement(s), I firmly believe that the Saint Louis are going to make it to the 2022 World Series.  If they do not, I can still say that this 2022 season will go down in baseball history as one of the most amazing seasons for an amazing baseball team, the Saint Louis Cardinals.  

Congratulations to one of the greatest players to ever play the game of Baseball, Mr. Albert Pujols.

Edited to add:  If anyone who reads this is a true fan of baseball, regardless of your dislike or indifference to the Saint Louis Cardinals Organization, this major feat must be at least respected, appreciated and/or acknowledged as to what it is:  a historic event in the history of America's favorite pastime.  Major League Baseball.

Edited by kingzoso

Congratulations to the 2022 National League Central Division Champions, the Saint Louis Cardinals.  

I seem to recall someone (on this forum/topic) saying earlier this season that the Cardinals did not have a chance at winning the Central this year and that it was all about the Milwaukee Brewers.  So it seems fitting and perhaps a bit ironic that the Cardinals won the division last night in Milwaukee.  

big win last night for mets, coupled with braves  loss, should be a great series in Atlanta hope weather isn't a factor, still not sure if Buck named his pitching rotation as yet? Judge is a class act, happy for him and to bad the steroid freaks ruined what would of been a great story chasing Maris but baseball powers and the drugs  killed that story long ago, to bad but congrats to Aaron, nice to see someone do it the right way

deGrom pitched well i thought but  made 2 mistakes back to back, last homer i give the batter all the credit, mets need to hit and sometimes they do and sometimes they don't, need to win tonight and I believe win  season series with Atlanta as far as tie breakers, however finishing with 2 against the Nats well that could spell trouble lol

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Thinking of the Dodgers I am reminded of the 2001 Seattle Mariners. 116-46. Did not even make it to the World Series.

Atlanta is the team they must beat.  In my opinion the real World Series will be Atlanta vs Dodgers.  The winner should beat the AL rep even if its Houston.