Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

8 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Well, you may not be an American but you certainly have been drinking the Kool Aid the left has been passing out so my post stands. 

Nah mate, I don't take to cults and drink the koolaid. The left has it's own insanity it doesn't seem to recognise or be able to deal with. Not anything like the Trump cult, but insanity none the less.

6 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Nah mate, I don't take to cults and drink the koolaid. The left has it's own insanity it doesn't seem to recognise or be able to deal with. Not anything like the Trump cult, but insanity none the less.

74 MILLION+ Trump voters in 2020. Love him or hate him, I think we can all agree the cut off # for someone to be accurately considered a cult figure is far less than 74 MILLION+. For example, in the 1970s the Children of God, argubly the most famous "cult", grew to over 130 communities across the globe and yet had little more than 10,000 dedicated members. I understand everything is relative -- Led Zeppelin were once considered a cult band -- but for the sake of argument I propose we set the cut off to be accurately considered a cult figure at 10,000 or less.

Edited by SteveAJones

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

74 MILLION+ Trump voters in 2020. Love him or hate him, I think we can all agree the cut off # for someone to be accurately considered a cult figure is far less than 74 MILLION+. For example, in the 1970s the Children of God, argubly the most famous "cult", grew to over 130 communities across the globe and yet had little more than 10,000 dedicated members. I understand everything is relative -- Led Zeppelin were once considered a cult band -- but for the sake of argument I propose we set the cut off to be accurately considered a cult figure at 10,000 or less.

That's really interesting Steve. I'd say cult like behaviour applies. It applies to a LOT, and applies here.

1 hour ago, rm2551 said:

That's really interesting Steve. I'd say cult like behaviour applies. It applies to a LOT, and applies here.

Fair enough, but by that logic Catholicism, for example is a cult as some insist. I'm old fashioned -- for me words and nouns in particular have established meanings. We're losing that in public discourse and so what we have nowadays is everyone speaks rhetorically all the time. Anyone with an opposing point of view is branded a cult figure, a terrorist, or a racist, or whatever. It's an intellectually lazy approach to maintaining a point of view.  

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Fuck government. Fuck people.

20230903_071844.thumb.jpg.ac914c334f3cd059ae26d6692d8aa4b0.jpg

What I see in this picture...first and foremost I notice if you are a productive member contributing to society you are immediately taxed at the curb via the parking meter. Secondly I notice the street vagrants on the right are allowed to slumber tax free at the same curb. Thirdly, the vandal's destruction  on the left -- the left, how appropriate. Everything I see has driven the retailer(s) out of business. Finally, I notice how grimy the paved surfaces society walks upon are. This is deemed acceptable by the same health authorities who insisted we wear useless masks for more than two years to prevent the spread of disease.

Edited by SteveAJones

51 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

What I see in this picture...first and foremost I notice if you are a productive member contributing to society you are immediately taxed at the curb via the parking meter. Secondly I notice the street vagrants on the right are allowed to slumber tax free at the same curb. Thirdly, the vandal's destruction  on the left -- the left, how appropriate. Everything I see has driven the retailer(s) out of business. Finally, I notice how grimy the paved surfaces society walks upon are. This is deemed acceptable by the same health authorities who insisted we wear useless masks for more than two years to prevent the spread of disease.

He feeds the meter for his mattress. 

2SLGBTQI+. Seriously? We have clearly jumped the shark on sexual orientation. The LGB faction is already seeking to break off from all the others. It seems they have now concluded they actually don't want to be considered equal to the others within the ever expanding others. Of course LGBs initially insisted they merely wanted to be treated as equals to everyone else. Seems to me we have a lot of alphabet and non-alphabet people who just need to get over themselves.

biden is unbelievable!  Standing there saying that he's been so busy that he couldn't make a trip to Ohio to visit the site of the train wreck that polluted a town with toxic chemicals. This asshole has been on vacation some 40% of his presidency WHAT A TOOL!!! And That other idiot KJP has the nerve to lie for this admin like nobodies business. HOW THE FUCK DO THEY SLEEP AT NIGHT?????

And I'm supposed to hate trump???  

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

That is why I framed the photo that way instead of just taking a picture of the graffiti. Incidentally, this morning when I passed by, the graffiti and the dirtbag and his mattress were gone. Maybe the new mayor is finally getting the message. 

On 9/3/2023 at 8:13 PM, SteveAJones said:

Fair enough, but by that logic Catholicism, for example is a cult as some insist. I'm old fashioned -- for me words and nouns in particular have established meanings. We're losing that in public discourse and so what we have nowadays is everyone speaks rhetorically all the time. Anyone with an opposing point of view is branded a cult figure, a terrorist, or a racist, or whatever. It's an intellectually lazy approach to maintaining a point of view.  

You forgot the evergreen "conspiracy theorist" 

13 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

2SLGBTQI+. Seriously? We have clearly jumped the shark on sexual orientation. The LGB faction is already seeking to break off from all the others. It seems they have now concluded they actually don't want to be considered equal to the others within the ever expanding others. Of course LGBs initially insisted they merely wanted to be treated as equals to everyone else. Seems to me we have a lot of alphabet and non-alphabet people who just need to get over themselves.

What a joke they are.

Who frigging cares who you have sex with! Only them!

I'm over all this crap.

9 hours ago, Strider said:

That is why I framed the photo that way instead of just taking a picture of the graffiti. Incidentally, this morning when I passed by, the graffiti and the dirtbag and his mattress were gone. Maybe the new mayor is finally getting the message. 

It's San Francisco -- the dirt bag probably IS the new Mayor. Whomever is trying to lease that building is probably still maintaining an appearance of stability.

Edited by SteveAJones

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

It's San Francisco -- the dirt bag probably IS the new Mayor. Whomever is trying to lease that building is probably still maintaining an appearance of stability.

One, and the main reason I'll never go back to my hometown. 

23 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

How's that coast to coast pity party for the so called homeless working out for you?

Contact me when ready to call street vagrants street vagrants and use firehoses and dogs to clear them all out.

..or as the left refers to them "Unaddressed Immigrants".