Has Jimmy ever responded to the Seattle 77 footage?

I recently rewatched the 1990 MTV Rockumentary and was reminded that some Seattle 77 footage is in that.  The video and audio quality is better than any other version I have seen.  The band must have supplied or at least approved its use.  There is a note on the screen saying "live unmixed sound", a kind of disclaimer.  But the footage is very good.  So at least the band approved that use of snippets. 

9 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Has he ever acknowledged it or been asked why it wasn't included on the DVD?

He was responsible for its inclusion in the 1990 MTV Rockumentary to promote the release of the Led Zeppelin Definitive Collection boxed set. If I recall correctly when the content for the official dvd was being compiled it was clear from the start not everything would be included and ultimately Seattle '77 simply didn't make the cut. 

23 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

On the official DVD there is a snippet of them on stage from 77 with Mike Millard's LA famous Eddie tape as the audio. Was that (fan) filmed at the Forum also?

I believe that video footage is from Birmingham, AL '77. Great sync job on it!

On 11/10/2022 at 1:09 PM, Cosmic Energy said:

To my knowledge the 1977 tour had no four track recordings which limited Jimmy's mixing possibilities.  Jimmy intended to record some of the shows later on the tour but events after the Oakland shows prevented this. 

Which is typical Zeppelin thinking. Don't multitrack any of the April shows or the high-profile Madison Square Garden/Forum gigs when the band was fresh and in a groove. Wait until the third leg when you guys are all run-down.

Edited by Strider

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cosmic Energy said:

I'm surprised a mutitrack from the Seattle show doesn't exist especially as there is the video? 

The Video feed was purely for the screens as the venue was so large.

There is more of a chance that there is a Bath Mulitrack as this was filmed as part of an on going project.