Frampton Comes Alive!

Levee

There I was in 1976 getting my groove on with a steady diet coming from my radio of "Dream On",

"Slow Ride", "Play That Funky Music" among others and what do I hear? I 'm being told to "Show Me The Way" "Baby I love your way" and "Do you Feel like I do?".

What the hell is this? Am I to believe that a disgruntled guitarist from Humble Pie has the number one live album of all time? Well it didn't happen.

It was all a big cover up between the Music Industries and the Radio DJ's. The Music industry was worried that Disco was taking over the air ways and wanted to put a stop to it. The Radio stations didn't care, they're are whores anyway and took the drugs and money and kept their mouth's shut.

The Record company would like you to believe that it was recorded at Winterland Ballroom, San Francisco, June 14, 1975 Marin County Civic Center, in front of a few thousand rabid fans. When in fact it was recorded in a warehouse in Newark New Jersey in front of about 150 really stoned relatives of the band and a few roadies. The album became the biggest selling live album at the time of its release and sold over 6 million copies in the US, 16 million worldwide. The Radio Executives in harmony with the Dj's really did a number on the public, with the constant air play and making everyone feel like they had to have this album. "Wow he's using a voice box!" Oh please.

So there you go , I hope this cleared up this massive cover up.

BTW-The warehouse that this was recorded at was the same one where they shot the fake footage of Mans first walk on the moon.

There I was in 1976 getting my groove on with a steady diet coming from my radio of "Dream On",

"Slow Ride", "Play That Funky Music" among others and what do I hear? I 'm being told to "Show Me The Way" "Baby I love your way" and "Do you Feel like I do?".

What the hell is this? Am I to believe that a disgruntled guitarist from Humble Pie has the number one live album of all time? Well it didn't happen.

It was all a big cover up between the Music Industries and the Radio DJ's. The Music industry was worried that Disco was taking over the air ways and wanted to put a stop to it. The Radio stations didn't care, they're are whores anyway and took the drugs and money and kept their mouth's shut.

The Record company would like you to believe that it was recorded at Winterland Ballroom, San Francisco, June 14, 1975 Marin County Civic Center, in front of a few thousand rabid fans. When in fact it was recorded in a warehouse in Newark New Jersey in front of about 150 really stoned relatives of the band and a few roadies. The album became the biggest selling live album at the time of its release and sold over 6 million copies in the US, 16 million worldwide. The Radio Executives in harmony with the Dj's really did a number on the public, with the constant air play and making everyone feel like they had to have this album. "Wow he's using a voice box!" Oh please.

So there you go , I hope this cleared up this massive cover up.

BTW-The warehouse that this was recorded at was the same one where they shot the fake footage of Mans first walk on the moon.

I know... one of the guys in the dorm at college was just gaga over this release. He was a most typical example of the kind of tool that "bought" whatever was crammed down his throat by the big media machinery !

I just knew it was conspiracy ! Just like when the industry conspired to bring Bruce Springsteen into the limelight in the early 70s. They did the same thing with John Cougar Mellancamp in the 80s.

I can smell that kind of MEDIA MANIPULATION a mile away!! 10 miles away !

I can go on and on.... Boston, Def Leppard.... Fads that should just go away, so we can all listen to just the good stuff. There should be one radio station in each town that plays nothing but coporately created and sponsored commercially crafted music. And One station in each town that DOES NOT play any of those songs. So, there would be artists with different songs on "both' stations. That would fair, But instead, the industry and the govt. thinks we, as a population would be better served with homoginized crap. FUCK THEM !! :D

Edited by The Rover

^ You throwing the Boss in the same breath as Frampton?

Go fuck yourself.

Go fuck yourself.

And go fuck yourself.

I think the key words in Rover's post were 'industry' and 'conspired'. I don't think he was accusing the Boss of doing the same thing.

I have no problem whatsoever admitting I love Frampton Comes Alive!. Like Hootie in the early 90s it was everywhere you turned back when it first came out in the 70s; playing out of every car stereo, every music store, etc. Seemingly everyone had a copy. Yes, I got burned out on it. Incredibly burned out on it. So burned out that it took years of staying away from it to finally enjoy it again. A couple of summers ago I purchased the deluxe, expanded edition and have no regrets at all. Anyone that's so quick to write Frampton off should check out his guitar work during the Skynyrd pay-per-view special that aired a number of years ago for the anniversary concert for One More From the Road from the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. Biggest selling live album of all time? Overexposed teen idol? All true but that doesn't change the fact that he's one of the most gifted guitarists out there to this day.

Saw the show. Peter was great. I don't get the joke, except that some idiot missed the best tour of 1976 and in his alcoholic/drug-induced haze missed the point of it.

Don't know why this thread exists, except that bad taste must be popular on this site.

Although, they are right about Springsteen and Mellencamp. Two assholes that can't sing their way out of a fart bubble. Glad I could clear this up for you. :lol:

Edited by JimmyPage1977

I'm no Springsteen fan myself but I have no problem with his contributions to music. Yes, I could never get past his voice but that hasn't stopped me from liking a song or two of his or recognizing his influence on other artists. Dylan can't sing either but that never got in the way of his career.

As for Mellencamp, I like a few of his songs (most notably from his Scarecrow/Lonesome Jubilee period) but don't see him being mentioned in the same breath as Dylan or Springsteen or why he warrants being inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame.

I'm no Springsteen fan myself but I have no problem with his contributions to music. Yes, I could never get past his voice but that hasn't stopped me from liking a song or two of his or recognizing his influence on other artists. Dylan can't sing either but that never got in the way of his career.

As for Mellencamp, I like a few of his songs (most notably from his Scarecrow/Lonesome Jubilee period) but don't see him being mentioned in the same breath as Dylan or Springsteen or why he warrants being inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame.

I agree about Springsteen, but Mellencamp's writing was better before Scarecrow and he was never more than a "Pop singer" as a writer.

Bruce wrote some great songs. Dylan was a genius.

I like this Jahfin guy!

I agree about Springsteen, but Mellencamp's writing was better before Scarecrow and he was never more than a "Pop singer" as a writer.

I remember when Mellencamp was new, those first few songs that got played to death on the radio never did much for me but I did like some of the deep cuts on the records that followed such as Minutes To Memories from Scarecrow.

Bruce wrote some great songs. Dylan was a genius.

As far as I know they're both still working. As for Dylan, his career peaks may well be far behind him but he's still turning out some pretty damn good work, at least to my ears. Not too many artists are turning out such albums as Time Out of Mind, Love and Theft and Modern Times so late in their careers.

I'd buy it!! Name a price!

It's hard, almost impossible, to a dollar figure on something so priceless.

Umm, I'd would consider trades.

And I am think of letting it go for say a collection of Tigerbeat issue with say

Leif Garrett, Shaun Cassidy, Scott Baio on the cover.

And, these absolutely must be in mint condition.

image.jpg

:)

I'm gagging !!!!!!!!!

Quick Joelmon ...

1100.jpg

I know. And the Rover is a good guy.

But that comparison can go fuck himself.

Big Stick, Muse is correct, I focus on the industry and the record machinery.

I really liked Nebraska when it came out.

But truthfully, I so hate the East Coast Hype machine, that even with a huge star like Bruce, I am jaded because of it. If he ever stops being in the limelight, I may feel like exploring his non-commerical works. I know there is plenty to like there.

I remember what Led Zeppelin was doing in Concert back in 1975--- And I don't remember Time or Newsweek doing ONE Fucking Aritcle about the "Rock'n'Roll" that Led Zeppelin were invigorating the US landscape with ! So , the fact that the big east coast media machinery chose to crown Bruce as their saviour, and chose to ignore Zeppelin greatnes, left me with a very JADED view of anything he might do. I can think of bands like Buddy Holley, and how I like their Rock'n'Roll more than Born To Run. For commerical or pop rock, or whatever you want to call it, The Beatles are king in my book.

Here's a few excerpts from the AMG entry for The Boss:

"When Bruce Springsteen finally broke through to national recognition in the fall of 1975 after a decade of trying, critics hailed him as the savior of rock & roll."

"But the hosannas, when piped through the publicity machine of a major record company, were perceived as hype by a significant part of the public as well as the mainstream media. Springsteen landed on the covers of Time and Newsweek, but both magazines were covering the phenomenon, not the music. Springsteen's album, Born to Run, became a hit, and he jumped to arena status as a live act, but as many people were turned off by the press campaign as turned on by the records and shows."

But when it comes to guys like John Cougar, Dave Matthews, and Tom Petty, and Bon Jovi.... I just do not care for them personally, or professionally, no matter how much the critics may rave and drool, and how much the industry backs them up 100%!

I do not need the input of the East Coast Media Hype or the Big Music Industry. They can can go FUCK THEMSELVES ! ! :D

Edited by The Rover

I have no problem whatsoever admitting I love Frampton Comes Alive!. Like Hootie in the early 90s it was everywhere you turned back when it first came out in the 70s; playing out of every car stereo, every music store, etc. Seemingly everyone had a copy. Yes, I got burned out on it. Incredibly burned out on it. So burned out that it took years of staying away from it to finally enjoy it again. A couple of summers ago I purchased the deluxe, expanded edition and have no regrets at all. Anyone that's so quick to write Frampton off should check out his guitar work during the Skynyrd pay-per-view special that aired a number of years ago for the anniversary concert for One More From the Road from the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. Biggest selling live album of all time? Overexposed teen idol? All true but that doesn't change the fact that he's one of the most gifted guitarists out there to this day.

I admit that now, when I hear "Do You Feel Like We Do?", it's 90% about reminicing about that time and place in the 70's, more than the song itself. But at the time it was being crammed down America's throats, in it's heyday, I avoided it to a great degree. At the time it was out, it didn;t take me anywhere. But now, the sond is like a "Time Machine" back to those warm spring days of college living.

Edited by The Rover

I admit that now, when I hear "Do You Feel Like We Do?", it's 90% about reminicing about that time and place in the 70's, more than the song itself. But at the time it was being crammed down America's throats, in it's heyday, I avoided it to a great degree. At the time it was out, it didn;t take me anywhere. But now, the sond is like a "Time Machine" back to those warm spring days of college living.

I get your point Rover. The mid 70's marked the beginning of the end for independantly owned radio stations. And your right, these new stations forced fed us as much crap as they could. Late 60's early 70's on any decent FM channel you'd be lucky ( or unlucky ) to hear the same artist or song... once a week. They were alway's playing GOOD stuff from all areas of music. They didn't have CATAGORIES.

There's no way artists like the ones listed would have gained the air time like they did. To be honest... My peers and I cringe at what became of FM radio ...Sounds more like .... LETS KILL THE MUSIC.. AM Top 10