2023-2024 NFL Season Thread

Walter

14 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Dolphins at Bills next week, I guess it won't be too cold in Orchard Park, Rick, when we whoop your ass....  :D

Talkin trash already?  And looking down the barrel?  Maybe you think our defense is Denvers?  I think not.  No Von Miller but a better pass defender awaits.  Tua vs Josh?  Ill take Josh every time. It will be a battle but we will beat them.  I am really dumbfounded as to how bad the Jets QB is.  I really though the Jets would beat Billy boy and his stinking Patsies. They really have their number.  I am still more into baseball right now. Hell, its been a while since my Orioles were this good. Since the 70s or 80s.  Bucks teams were good but not this good.  The Bills vs Dolphins should have been prime time game.  They have no idea what they are doing.  Last nights coverage was garbage. 

The former Dallas coach, who is on Sunday night football and I  cant stand, said that Denver outright quit in that game, thus giving up 70.  And Miami ran up the score. 

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Heretofore I had only seen the highlights of the Dolphins-Broncos game. Last night I watched the entire game. I am so glad Kevin Harlan was on the call and not one of those boring clowns like Mike Tirico or Joe Buck. It'll be Kevin Harlan's voice recorded for posterity and what people will hear every time that historic game is recalled and replayed.

I still love the game but you are correct, to much celebrating on just a routine play, hell defender celebrates on a good hit after  letting receiver catch a first down, coaches have no control anymore, unions win, i'm down to football and nascar, gone are NBA and baseball except to see  how bad my mets are getting killed

I was under the impression we were going to see a local broadcasting team last night, and instead I get senile Al Michels.  I lasted until he started reminiscing about Joe Dimaggio, Mickey Mantle, and Bobby Mercer during a football game.  *cllick* Down goes Michels!

Our rookie tight-end, Sam Laporta, is impressing the heck out of me. 

Fuck you Packer fans!  I've endured a lifetime of cheeseheads invading our home turf.  Paybacks are a bitch!!!   

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I was under the impression we were going to see a local broadcasting team last night, and instead I get senile Al Michels.  I lasted until he started reminiscing about Joe Dimaggio, Mickey Mantle, and Bobby Mercer during a football game.  *cllick* Down goes Michels!

Fuck you Packer fans!  I've endured a lifetime of cheeseheads invading our home turf.  Paybacks are a bitch!!!   

How’s it feel to be on top?  Lions 🦁 will win central.  I would have watched last night but couldn’t miss Orioles win AL East

Bills vs Lions SB

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

20 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I just picked up Laporta  in my wifes fantasy league, dumping the falcons guy, like him a lot, catches and blocks, one of 4 rookies making an impact, Lions are for real

Filthy stinking Dolphins.  Hate them.  They lose a lineman and we lost our corner .  Diggs is the best receiver in the NFL

Take your bitch ass's to the locker room!  Whats that coach yelling at dem fish about?

Can we hang 70?

In other news Bears 28 Denver 21.  Rams kicking ass at Indy.  Once upon a time that was a great matchup.  Rams and Colts

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

On 9/29/2023 at 3:50 PM, Bong-Man said:

The Lions 🦁 have arrived!  Hope they run away with North

Is it my imagination or does KC have a significant dependence on getting the calls for key penalties at key times in key games. They sure needed something to make up for 2 interceptions and a weak D.

Because Zach Wilson and the Jets were the better team last night, and are, it turns out, prepared to expose your poser team and make you sweat on a primetime stage.

8 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Is it my imagination or does KC have a significant dependence on getting the calls for key penalties at key times in key games. They sure needed something to make up for 2 interceptions and a weak D.

Because Zach Wilson and the Jets were the better team last night, and are, it turns out, prepared to expose your poser team and make you sweat on a primetime stage.

They will get theirs I promise you.  So Trey White, Bills CB, torn ACL.  Out.  If Rogers can come back early? Maybe White but we move on with Jackson , Elam.  Milano is in Beast mode and Von Miller is coming soon.

Jaguars in London waiting for us

22 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

well Mahommy and Kelce are in every freaking commercial and now we have the blonde who most likely wouldn't know a football from  a baseball, so the nfl loves ratings and money, they get every call

2 hours ago, custard pie man said:

cowboys vs. niners, on paper should be a good game  but  do we get good Dak or big game choker Dak? this is the question

Yes, should be a good game.  Ill take the 3.5 points maybe?  Or just stay clear as there are better bets.  I am licking my chops on that Denver vs Jets line.  I believe the Jets beat them outright and expose how bad Denver is. Chicago blew a big lead proving they are the worst team.  Denver is likely the second worst.  The care Bears cost me the damn weekly contest. Ill settle for a tie.  So this week early I like the Jets.  The Bills were the best bet of a sports capper I respect.  He is on "Best Bets" on YouTube, Kelly Stewart is the host and she had Carolina as her best bet. I  picked the Vikings to win and they did, but she covered with the Panthers.  The partly bald old guy is the best capper.  The other guy, the Jets fan sucks.  I just cannot think of his name.  Ill see who he likes later. I am in early on the Redskins.  Will bet against the stinking Bears until they do something positive.  I may go back with the Texans but Im not sure. Lions and Dolphins should win but are laying big spreads.  I likely go back to the drawing board again with the Saints who  always let me down but no way in hell am I taking NE

I usually rag on Joe Buck and Troy Aikman but I have to give them props for last night. They did not mention Taylor Swift once, unlike nearly all of the other NFL games I watched over the weekend. Unfortunately, I still had to suffer through the Travis Kielce and Taylor Swift commercials.

Note to NFL: Whatever fans you think you are gaining by pushing this Taylor Swift thing, you are losing equal amounts of fans who just want to see football and not a soap opera.

Another note to the NFL: Stop scheduling the effing Giants, Bears, Jets, Panthers, and Broncos in Prime Time slots. They are dumpster fires masquerading as football teams.

The Seahawks defense is not that good and the Giants made them look like the second coming of the Monsters of Midway. Daniel Jones is shell-shocked...or maybe he always looks that way? Either way, the Giants have destroyed him just as Houston destroyed David Carr. I don't now what they ever saw in him to give him that big contract.  

On 10/3/2023 at 12:23 PM, Strider said:

Note to NFL: Whatever fans you think you are gaining by pushing this Taylor Swift thing, you are losing equal amounts of fans who just want to see football and not a soap opera.

SWIFT HAM.jpg