08-26 Flagstaff, AZ - Pepsi Amphitheater *
08-28 Santa Fe, NM - The Santa Fe Opera *
08-29 Santa Fe, NM - The Santa Fe Opera *
08-31 Colorado Springs, CO - Sunset Amphitheater *
09-01 Vail, CO - Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater *

* with JD McPherson

2024-rpak.jpg

16 hours ago, Ian Smith said:

Does anyone here really like this duo's music? Honestly asking. Just leaves me cold. To me it is like they are not even trying. The band smokes though. 

Saw them on the Raising Sand tour. I'm satisfied. I liked it. I dig both Alison and Robert (obviously!) individually so best of both worlds for me.

On 2/14/2024 at 12:33 PM, Ian Smith said:

Does anyone here really like this duo's music? Honestly asking. Just leaves me cold. To me it is like they are not even trying. The band smokes though. 

Everything he's done since 2005 I could take it or leave it. So little of it has excited me as a listener, but I do appreciate all of it has excited him as an artist. I see quite a few cities and/or venues on this tour list he's never done before, so that aspect is interesting.     

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Everything he's done since 2005 I could take it or leave it. So little of it has excited me as a listener, but I do appreciate all of it has excited him as an artist. I see quite a few cities and/or venues on this tour list he's never done before, so that aspect is interesting.     

Mighty ReArranger... I really love the album.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

RP & @AlisonKrauss will be on the road in 2024 with @willienelsonofficial along with an incredible lineup of artists at the 2024 Outlaw Music Festival Tour, including
@bobdylan and @celissemusic. Presale tickets on sale, use code OUTLAW24. Details at: http://outlawmusicfestival.com/presale

outlaw.jpg

2 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

RP & @AlisonKrauss will be on the road in 2024 with @willienelsonofficial along with an incredible lineup of artists at the 2024 Outlaw Music Festival Tour, including
@bobdylan and @celissemusic. Presale tickets on sale, use code OUTLAW24. Details at: http://outlawmusicfestival.com/presale

outlaw.jpg

Thanks Sam.

R😎👍🎶

On 2/27/2024 at 2:36 PM, sam_webmaster said:

I'm a stagehand in Va. Beach.  Looking forward to June 26th 🤙

• 3 months later...

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss get the Led out in Madison

By Rob Thomas

https://captimes.com/entertainment/music/robert-plant-and-alison-krauss-get-the-led-out-in-madison/article_688ca748-2654-11ef-a812-3f7e53bd6bcc.html

6665e3a76ed79.webp.77de35ec223267dd1fc5ce2808b06b54.webp

During their curtain call Saturday night at Breese Stevens Field, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss mistimed their bows. Krauss was chatting with a bandmate and didn’t notice that Plant had already started his descent. By the time the Grammy-winning bluegrass vocalist and violinist started bending at her waist, the iconic Led Zeppelin frontman was already rising back up.

It was the only time of the night when the two musical legends weren’t in perfect harmony.

An unlikely collaboration stretching back 17 years to the Grammy-winning “Raising Sand,” Krauss and Plant seemed as in sync as ever in a magical show on what Plant called a “beautiful, almost English, summer evening” in downtown Madison.

The genre-twisted show mixed rock, country and blues together into an original cocktail, especially when Led Zeppelin classics like “When the Levee Breaks” and “Gallows Pole” were stretched out and altered to mesmerizing effect.

The supple five-piece backing band, including lead guitarist (and show opener) JD McPherson and Alison’s brother Viktor Krauss, played for a minute or two before Plant and Krauss entered the stage from opposite sites, clasping hands in the middle. The sultry gait of “Rich Woman” gave way to the swampy shuffle of the Rolling Stones’ “Fortune Teller,” both vocalists were in top form, whether taking turns singing lead or harmonizing into the night air.

Krauss’ soaring soprano is truly something to behold, filling the night on the Everly Brothers’ “The Price of Love” or the folk chestnut “Matty Groves.” At 75, Plant has taken excellent care of his pipes, and part of that preservation is bringing a new subtlety and restraint to his singing.

That was a little frustrating to some diehard Zep fans in the audience who really wanted to hear Plant get the Led out (“Please, just let it rip,” implored a woman standing next to me. “One time. I need to hear that scream.”) Plant obliged here and there with a high note.

But, sipping what looked like Gatorade from a Mason jar between songs, he kept exquisite control of his voice throughout the night. That approach mirrored the elegant arrangements of the band, which were sometimes raucous and stomping, other times hushed and spare.

At a time when many legacy rock acts feel obliged to recreate their originals as closely as possible, Plant revisits his back catalog only when he can find something fresh and new there. “Rock N Roll” got turned into a full-on country hoedown, while “Ballad of Evermore” became a new kind of folk epic, majestic and forbidding.

The set closing “When the Levee Breaks” was the true highlight, with Jimmy Page’s fiery guitar traded in for a ferocious double violin by the Krauss siblings. In nearly two decades, Krauss and Plant have somehow released only two albums together, with 2021’s “Raise the Roof” being the last. Please don’t make us wait another decade for the next one.

Robert Plant, Alison Krauss Offer Up Magical Evening On Stage Outside Chicago

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimryan1/2024/06/14/robert-plant-alison-krauss-offer-up-magical-evening-on-stage-outside-chicago/

-Jim Ryan

“Isn’t that amazing?” asked Robert Plant rhetorically on stage Wednesday night at Ravinia Festival, about 25 miles north of Chicago in the suburb of Highland Park, Illinois. “It’s amazing the way two voices can sometimes feel like nothing I’ve ever imagined,” he continued, noting his performance alongside singer and violinist Alison Krauss. “It’s been a long, strange journey to get here… I think.”

In 2005, Plant released his eighth solo studio album Mighty ReArranger. It’s an apt title that perfectly encapsulates the solo career he’s put together since 1982, turning familiar songs on their head in the best way possible as he continues to forge ahead in one of rock’s most creative and impressive second halves.

Following the release of Raising Sand, his platinum 2005 collaboration with Krauss, the duo teamed again for 2021’s Raise the Roof, touring since.

“I am blessed,” said Plant late in Wednesday night’s performance. “I really am. I am so lucky to be in the presence of this wonderful woman and her magnificent art,” he continued, introducing Krauss.

With temperatures reaching 90 degrees on Chicago’s north shore, Plant and Krauss offered up a magical evening of live music, backed beautifully by a marvelous five piece group over the course of about an hour and a half.

Wednesday marked just the seventh show of this outing for the duo, a tour set to run through the summer, wrapping up September 1, 2024 in Vail, Colorado ahead of an October tour of Italy for Plant.