Photos !

Joelmon

Jole you in the ocean state? I used to live in Newport in the early 70's

I'm in Tennessee right now...but lived in Newport 1968-1970....then 1990-1993, 2001 and 2005. So definately a chunk of my time. What were you doing there ? Were you in the Navy ?

I'm in Tennessee right now...but lived in Newport 1968-1970....then 1990-1993, 2001 and 2005. So definately a chunk of my time. What were you doing there ? Were you in the Navy ?

My dad was, we used to live on Prospect Hill St. behind the elks lodge across from Touro park and then Ranger Rd near the base.

My dads boat USS Triton

triton300.jpg

My dad was, we used to live on Prospect Hill St. behind the elks lodge across from Touro park and then Ranger Rd near the base.

My dads boat USS Triton

triton300.jpg

Well...in 1990 I lived on Mill Street which was just on the other side of Touro Park leading down to Thames.... :D I've posted shots of the 'Old Stone Mill' from Touro Park on here...I'll dig it up again...

But when I lived there as a kid...my dad had a command position on the Navy Base and we lived on Coasters Harbor Island and my house was right next to the War College. It was very exclusive up there...

Dang...I shrank this too much in my photobucket...but it's taken from Pelham St., the street where the Elks Club is...

IMG_0458.jpg

Well...in 1990 I lived on Mill Street which was just on the other side of Touro Park leading down to Thames.... :D I've posted shots of the 'Old Stone Mill' from Touro Park on here...I'll dig it up again...

But when I lived there as a kid...my dad had a command position on the Navy Base and we lived on Coasters Harbor Island and my house was right next to the War College. It was very exclusive up there...

Dang...I shrank this too much in my photobucket...but it's taken from Pelham St., the street where the Elks Club is...

IMG_0458.jpg

we lived there when I was 11 thru 13 or 14 I think it was believed to have been built by the vikings. They used to have an art festival in that park every year. They have a fountain in the park and one night me and a buddy of mine put a bottle of Mr Bubble in the fountain lol. I had my first job when we were there. I worked the concessions stand at the boys club camp some where across that bridge. James Town? The club was on Church st.? Use to go fishin' at Christi's wharf down by the docks. The blue bloods use to let us work at the castle mansions setting up chairs and tables for social events. Vanderbuilt House? I'm sure you've been to cliff walk. Shit this brings back memories.

That's a great shot Julie. Hard to believe they're gone :( When did you take it?

Early 80's, 9. I tried looking up to the get shot but without laying down on the sidewalk it would have been impossible. So, I just blindly pointed the camera towards the sky and that was the image it captured. Honestly, I've taken thousands of pictures and most of them are not in albums. But, strangely on 9/11, I had no trouble at all find it and the others I took from the observatory on the top floor. This was the view looking down...

img029.jpg

These are the others...

img027.jpg

img028.jpg

we lived there when I was 11 thru 13 or 14 I think it was believed to have been built by the vikings. They used to have an art festival in that park every year. They have a fountain in the park and one night me and a buddy of mine put a bottle of Mr Bubble in the fountain lol. I had my first job when we were there. I worked the concessions stand at the boys club camp some where across that bridge. James Town? The club was on Church st.? Use to go fishin' at Christi's wharf down by the docks. The blue bloods use to let us work at the castle mansions setting up chairs and tables for social events. Vanderbuilt House? I'm sure you've been to cliff walk. Shit this brings back memories.

:D

If you look again at how much time I've spent in Newport.....9 years !! You'll realize...YES..I've been to all those places. I lived on Jamestown in 2005. Here's couple of pics from there I took from my balcony. The house was the old officers club for Ft. Wetheril...a McMansion...Magic Sam, from this board, came to visit me there in '05....I posted here the whole summer I was there in '05. That's where I saw Zep in '69..the old Newport Jazz Fest over by the base !! Damn man...I've posted so much on this board about Newport...and all the concerts, mansions....tons of posts...

joel92305021.jpg

joel92305022.jpg

taizifirstsun.jpg

In the Meili Snow Mountain Range, the Meili Xueshan ~~ The highest peak , at 6,740-metres is Kawagebo. Though attempts have been made through the years, Kawagebo's Summit has yet to be sucessfully reached by climbers.

airport.jpg

The Zhongdian (Zhongxin) Airport, re-named the Shangri-La Airport in Yunnan (Sheng) Province, China

Not far from 28N 100E. Not far from Burma (Myanmar)

I see the pics.... Maybe you need to try the "Show Picture" feature Joelmon ??

I see every picture, avatar and siggy here The Rover...but those two in your intial post above...all my enablings are ON !!

I don't know why..but LoS says she doesn't see them either....hmmm but you and Rabia DO....very curious ? hmmmm.....:huh:

xx's here too.

Weird, ever since the new board came up, many have had problems with pics, this happened once before, on a even previouser..lol..board, but then it "cleared up."

I gave up trying myself. I know Lady H has had the same thing, yet we always used the same photobucket. hmmmm

tinypic worked once for me...dunno. :huh:

No matter, I enjoy others pics now more than my own, well, except my family pics.

Archived