Aerosmith Thread

eagle87

best Aerosmith albums yes to "ROCKS" that's in my great albums list, I`ve have to add " TOYS/BOOTLEG/PUMP/WINS " as for the `80/`90`s there are a few gems within the eras, I`ve still gotten to buy the new 2014, as anyone and what do you think...

Due to illness, Aerosmith has been forced to cancel tonight's (Wednesday, August 13) performance at the Concord Pavilion in Concord, California. The band regrets not being able to perform for its fans. Refunds will be available at point of purchase.

According to TMZ.com, Aerosmith drummer Joey Kramer experienced heart complications Tuesday and the band plans to cancel its next show in Washington on Saturday (August 16) as well.

A source close to the band told the site the 64-year-old musician will undergo heart surgery, although this has not been confirmed. The drummer has reportedly had previous issues with his heart.

Aerosmith's "Let Rock Rule" tour with opening act Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy And The Conspirators is scheduled to run through September 12 at Cape Fest 2014 in Nova Scotia, Canada.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/13/joey-kramer-heart-problems-aerosmith-drummer-cancels-concerts/

Edited by luvlz2

I was going to leave, and called the Mrs and said fuck it, I'm staying in Nova Scotia this week. This thread is awesome! Here is my all time fav Aerosmith tune, it's the kind of lyric that my dirty mind really loves and frankly I love the drum sound on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Jlb_Qvo1w

Edited by Charles J. White

Aerosmith Drummer's Son Fills In For His Father Following Joey Kramer's Health Scare

Jesse Sky Kramer, the son of Aerosmith drummer Joey Kramer, is filling in behind the kit for his father on the band's current tour while Joey is on the mend after undergoing a minor medical procedure last week.

Jesse, who is not in the music business, contributed to the song "Love Alot" on Aerosmith's latest album, "Music From Another Dimension!"

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/aerosmith-drummers-son-fills-in-for-his-father-following-joey-kramers-health-scare-video/

Edited by luvlz2

I missed the Aerosmith gig in Dallas, Texas that was on Friday, August 22, 2014. Two days ago. It seems that the only one song of theirs that I would have really enjoyed was "Kings and Queens". I prefer the old school Aerosmith of the 70's. I would have gone if I knew they were going to play "Lord of the Thighs" if I knew they were going to play it. (they seem to only alternate one or two songs from their current setlist). It seems that they did, in fact, play it at the two previous gigs before the Dallas show. They played "Mama Kin" instead.

Okay. Here is the kicker: Please Read:

I had to work today from 2pm - 8pm. About an hour after I got home, my dad says to come here. He took out his phone and showed me a picture of a group of people sitting around a table at an outdoor bar. He asks me if I recognized a guy in the picture and I said, "yes, that is Joe Perry from Aerosmith". It seems that others were taking pictures too because 2 men and one older very attractive blond were looking and posing for the camera forward and Joe was looking directly at my dad's cellphone. He then showed me a few more and it was Joe "Fucking" Perry. In one picture my father was literally about 3-5 feet to Joe's right. This was earlier today at a bikers bar called Strokers on Harry Hines Boulevard in Dallas "Fucking" Texas. I asked my dad if he said anything to Joe and my dad just said, "Hey, how's it going"? Joe was there to sponsor and promote his new line of BBQ sauces.

Not that I am mad now because it is already after the fact, but I told my dad that he should have called or texted me and I would have quickly have had someone cover the rest of my shift and I would have gone there ASAP. I might even have gone home real quick and grabbed a couple of my Led Zeppelin dvds and definitely my dvd of Aerosmith and Jimmy Page at the Marquee Club and Castle Donnington from 1990. I would have given him my Led Zeppelin dvds and asked him to sign my Aerosmith and Jimmy Page dvd. I would also have said to him that Jimmy Page is my favorite guitarist and the He, Joe "Fucking" Perry is my second favorite guitar player. I do not think that that would offend him because I am fairly certain Joe would have agreed with me. I believe that Jimmy is Joe's idol. I would have asked him about that too.

Lastly, I would have said, "Hey Joe, the next time you talk to Jimmy, tell him that His #1 fan is named Chris ***** and that he lives in Plano "Fucking" Texas.

Lastly, like I said, I am not mad but the more I think of it, this could have been one of the best days of My life. I do not know what the Fuck my dad was thinking by not calling me. By the way, my dad is not a hard-core biker. He has a Yamaha motorcycle and he only rides on Sundays in the summer time when the weather is nice.

Holy "Fucking" Shit!!!

Edited by kingzoso

I missed the Aerosmith gig in Dallas, Texas that was on Friday, August 22, 2014. Two days ago. It seems that the only one song of theirs that I would have really enjoyed was "Kings and Queens". I prefer the old school Aerosmith of the 70's. I would have gone if I knew they were going to play "Lord of the Thighs" if I knew they were going to play it. (they seem to only alternate one or two songs from their current setlist). It seems that they did, in fact, play it at the two previous gigs before the Dallas show. They played "Mama Kin" instead.

Okay. Here is the kicker: Please Read:

I had to work today from 2pm - 8pm. About an hour after I got home, my dad says to come here. He took out his phone and showed me a picture of a group of people sitting around a table at an outdoor bar. He asks me if I recognized a guy in the picture and I said, "yes, that is Joe Perry from Aerosmith". It seems that others were taking pictures too because 2 men and one older very attractive blond were looking and posing for the camera forward and Joe was looking directly at my dad's cellphone. He then showed me a few more and it was Joe "Fucking" Perry. In one picture my father was literally about 3-5 feet to Joe's right. This was earlier today at a bikers bar called Strokers on Harry Hines Boulevard in Dallas "Fucking" Texas. I asked my dad if he said anything to Joe and my dad just said, "Hey, how's it going"? Joe was there to sponsor and promote his new line of BBQ sauces.

Not that I am mad now because it is already after the fact, but I told my dad that he should have called or texted me and I would have quickly have had someone cover the rest of my shift and I would have gone there ASAP. I might even have gone home real quick and grabbed a couple of my Led Zeppelin dvds and definitely my dvd of Aerosmith and Jimmy Page at the Marquee Club and Castle Donnington from 1990. I would have given him my Led Zeppelin dvds and asked him to sign my Aerosmith and Jimmy Page dvd. I would also have said to him that Jimmy Page is my favorite guitarist and the He, Joe "Fucking" Perry is my second favorite guitar player. I do not think that that would offend him because I am fairly certain Joe would have agreed with me. I believe that Jimmy is Joe's idol. I would have asked him about that too.

Lastly, I would have said, "Hey Joe, the next time you talk to Jimmy, tell him that His #1 fan is named Chris ***** and that he lives in Plano "Fucking" Texas.

Lastly, like I said, I am not mad but the more I think of it, this could have been one of the best days of My life. I do not know what the Fuck my dad was thinking by not calling me. By the way, my dad is not a hard-core biker. He has a Yamaha motorcycle and he only rides on Sundays in the summer time when the weather is nice.

Holy "Fucking" Shit!!!

Seems as though Joe had a lucky escape....(only kidding).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Joe Perry rushed into hospital after cardiac arrest onstage:

The iconic guitarist was playing alongside actor Johnny Depp, Alice Cooper, Robert DeLeo (Stone Temple Pilots), and Matt Sorum (Guns N’ Roses, Velvet Revolver) with the Hollywood Vampires, when he apparently went into cardiac arrest around 9:30PM, Page Six reports.

Videos posted to social media showed Perry shredding on his guitar before he suddenly walks over towards a speaker and stumbles off-stage. Sources said he lost consciousness and police on the scene revived him.

“He had to sit on drum kit and then went behind a small wall and passed out,” a concertgoer wrote on Instagram, adding that “FDNY and NYPD carried him off quickly.” Hollywood Vampires continued to play, and Perry was taken to Coney Island hospital.

http://www.alternativenation.net/aerosmiths-joe-perry-collapses-on-stage-rushed-to-hospital/

Edited by reswati

8 hours ago, reswati said:

Joe Perry rushed into hospital after cardiac arrest onstage:

The iconic guitarist was playing alongside actor Johnny Depp, Alice Cooper, Robert DeLeo (Stone Temple Pilots), and Matt Sorum (Guns N’ Roses, Velvet Revolver) with the Hollywood Vampires, when he apparently went into cardiac arrest around 9:30PM, Page Six reports.

Videos posted to social media showed Perry shredding on his guitar before he suddenly walks over towards a speaker and stumbles off-stage. Sources said he lost consciousness and police on the scene revived him.

“He had to sit on drum kit and then went behind a small wall and passed out,” a concertgoer wrote on Instagram, adding that “FDNY and NYPD carried him off quickly.” Hollywood Vampires continued to play, and Perry was taken to Coney Island hospital.

http://www.alternativenation.net/aerosmiths-joe-perry-collapses-on-stage-rushed-to-hospital/

Uh oh. Seems he has been transfered to Columbian Presbyterian for an unspecified reason just after saying he was in stable condition.

Joe "Fucking" Perry is a Rock God in My Book.  I hope that He is okay recovers from whatever illness he has sustained.  With all the Great Musicians that have perished so far this year, if I happen to wake up and read that the worst has happened to Joe Perry, I don't know what I will Do/think.

Joe Perry, who "idolizes" Jimmy Page, forever gone.  I have the hope and strength to believe that Mr. Perry will come out of this stronger and will remain the same as He always is. 

JOE "FUCKING" PERRY. 

I know that I am not alone in saying this, but Joe Perry is one of the greatest guitar players ever.  

1 hour ago, kingzoso said:

Joe Perry, who "idolizes" Jimmy Page, forever gone.  I have the hope and strength to believe that Mr. Perry will come out of this stronger and will remain the same as He always is. 

A little quick with the shovel, aren't you? Rumours of Mr. Perry's death are greatly exaggerated.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...