Page's Drink in TSRTS

George Bush

It's just OJ. Jimmy was a whiskey drinker. And no, that's not based on pictures I've seen.

The Neal Preston photo of Jimmy chugging JD is a classic. Partly because of this I am a big fan of JD in all it's guises - w/ Coke, on the rocks, straight. In fact Me and Jack are on a first name basis.

Remember how Jimmy was sweating during the concert?

Do I ever!

Ahem. I know they were all depraved alcoholic perverts and all, but I do tend to believe it was straight OJ as well.

Should point out that my choice of wording above (i.e. depraved alcoholic perverts) was also meant facetiously, before someone jumps down my throat... <_<

Reminds me of an argument I saw a little while back. Someone insisted Jimmy was too professional to drink when performing! :hysterical:

What got me was that this person was a first class anorack on Zep photos. Dates, venues, what shirt Robert wore...Yet they seemed to selectively block out the cooler full of Heinekens Jimmy drew from constantly at every show! Naive? This was Led Zeppelin. This was the 70s. Duh! :lol:

Reminds me of an argument I saw a little while back. Someone insisted Jimmy was too professional to drink when performing! :hysterical:

What got me was that this person was a first class anorack on Zep photos. Dates, venues, what shirt Robert wore...Yet they seemed to selectively block out the cooler full of Heinekens Jimmy drew from constantly at every show! Naive? This was Led Zeppelin. This was the 70s. Duh! :lol:

Absolutely. I seem to remember that on one of the Page and Plant shows he was completely shitfaced.

Although the backstage footage isn't from MSG, I know that Jimmy said that his preparation for the 3 nights at MSG was to stay up for 5 days straight. You don't do that with coffee and cigarettes alone....

Absolutely. I seem to remember that on one of the Page and Plant shows he was completely shitfaced.

I'm sure everyone has seen these videos?

Arena Heavy Metal

Some examples of Jimmy still attempting to be the stonedest person in the room.

Although the backstage footage isn't from MSG, I know that Jimmy said that his preparation for the 3 nights at MSG was to stay up for 5 days straight. You don't do that with coffee and cigarettes alone....

I'm sure everyone has seen these videos?

Arena Heavy Metal

Some examples of Jimmy still attempting to be the stonedest person in the room.

That Arena clip is pure comedy gold. Close your eyes and you'd think it was Nigel Tufnel being interviewed.

:ph34r: Am I going to hell for saying that?

I've read some interesting threads since joining this forum.

For the most part they have been entertaining and good fun.

I really enjoy the observations:

Some from legends in their own minds, others who have been into the band for five minutes and / or are self praising experts to a gibberer who said "Led Zeppelin should only tour North America and forget about the rest of the World", to which I replied,

"Pack yourself another bong, mate"

The thing is he probably didn't need it.

Now everyone seems to be obsessed by what drink or drug JP is imbibing.

Do you think (like a lot of other morons do), that it is cool to wipe yourself out and that you can't play good music unless you do.

I have yet to see a performance by anyone "out of it" that was worthwhile and didnt feel cheated, I won't name names.

And believe me I've been to a lot of concerts in 40 years, thankfully most of them were great.

I have played in bands and still play guitar now and yes I used to indulge until I wised up.

If you think drinking til you drop is cool just ask the band about Bonzo. He paid the ultimate price for excessive drinking and the world is a lesser place for it.

Now everyone seems to be obsessed by what drink or drug JP is imbibing.

Do you think (like a lot of other morons do), that it is cool to wipe yourself out and that you can't play good music unless you do.

I have yet to see a performance by anyone "out of it" that was worthwhile and didnt feel cheated, I won't name names.

And believe me I've been to a lot of concerts in 40 years, thankfully most of them were great.

I have played in bands and still play guitar now and yes I used to indulge until I wised up.

Nice rant buddy..

I don't think anybody is sayin it's cool, necessarily, but what skin is it off your back if Jimmy Page or anybody else wants to drink, smoke, snort, or whatever? I smoke a bit o reefer to loosen up before I play, and you obviously did to, so don't be a hypocrite.

I have seen alotta amazing performances from people that were out of it. Admit it or not, but drugs have enhanced tons of musicians careers.

Archived