The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Nice comeback and series clincher by the Rangers.

The guy who scored the winning goal the other night for Washington is black, one of the few NHL players that are. Twitter once again shows how worthless it is, the racist tweets came fast and furious by some Boston "fans".

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/7858832/2012-stanley-cup-playoffs-joel-ward-washington-capitals-not-letting-racist-tweets-ruin-biggest-goal

Ban Twitter.

These are my picks, but no guessing on the number of games.

West

Vancouver over LA

Detroit over Nashville

Chicago over Phoenix

San Jose over St Louis

East

NYR over Ottawa

Philly over Pittsburgh

New Jersey over Florida

Boston over Washington

Guess that shows how little I know about the West - lol, 0-4, at least I got a 3-1 on the East.

Guess that shows how little I know about the West - lol, 0-4, at least I got a 3-1 on the East.

I am just glad you weren't perfect in the East.

The Joel Ward tweets by so called fans of Hockey just go to prove to me once again why I had hate Boston Fans. A great series marred by ignorance is no way to remember how exciting the match up was. 4 games went to overtime, the road teams won 5, and all 7 were decided by one goal.

>The Joel Ward tweets by so called fans of Hockey just go to prove to me once again why I had hate Boston Fans. A great series marred by ignorance is no way to remember how exciting the match up was. <

So,you lumping us all together? :huh:

Of Course not. It is a sports rivalry thing from the little brother from the south. Washington Caps can't get the Cup, Orioles haven't been to playoffs since '96 and Patriots upend Ravens seasons this year. I guess we have a chip on our shoulder. We know your real rivalry is with the bigger brother, NY.

I am just glad you weren't perfect in the East.

The Joel Ward tweets by so called fans of Hockey just go to prove to me once again why I had hate Boston Fans. A great series marred by ignorance is no way to remember how exciting the match up was. 4 games went to overtime, the road teams won 5, and all 7 were decided by one goal.

.First off, congrats on the win ! I do however have to take exception with your comment about Boston fans The mindless and ignorant element is out there the world over so it's not exclusive to Boston. A sad statement, yes indeed but true none the less.

Good luck against the Rangers :)

Let's go RANGERS! 3 - 1 over the caps

Well I have no choice but to cheer for the Rangers in the East. They are the only ones left I do not hate. I sure hope they beat the Ruskies and then Phiilly. But i will cheer for the Western team regardless of who it is.

Well I have no choice but to cheer for the Rangers in the East. They are the only ones left I do not hate. I sure hope they beat the Ruskies and then Phiilly. But i will cheer for the Western team regardless of who it is.

I still have dawg in this fight. I am just hoping the Ruskies can continue to find the twine.

So, are the KIngs playing that great or are the Blues playing that bad ? I'm rooting for the Kings but no way did I think they'd take the first two in St Louis and make the Blues look pretty ordinary in doing so.It's starting to look like a replay of the Canucks series.

I'm also suprised and a little disappointed with Nashville's performance so far. After being stoned by Mike Smith in game 1, they looked really disorganized in game 2. Credit to Phoenix though. I thought the Chicago series may have taken it out of them but clearly, it hasn't !

So, are the KIngs playing that great or are the Blues playing that bad ? I'm rooting for the Kings but no way did I think they'd take the first two in St Louis and make the Blues look pretty ordinary in doing so.It's starting to look like a replay of the Canucks series.

I'm also suprised and a little disappointed with Nashville's performance so far. After being stoned by Mike Smith in game 1, they looked really disorganized in game 2. Credit to Phoenix though. I thought the Chicago series may have taken it out of them but clearly, it hasn't !

I dont know Ally. I want St Louis but am benefiting from Quicks wins in fantasy. I can't believe that lame brain Trotz has suspended Radulov, my F###ing fantasy guy for a huge game tonight. If they lose I lose. my bet and my fantasy most likely. What a numb skull suspending one of his best players? What was the Ruskie doing putting down some Vodka to ease the pain? That little pit bull will pay if they lose. I hope they win just like the Blues. I just cant believe the Blues are down. I am delighted the Flyers got pounded last night. Hate that team soooo much,.

I dont know Ally. I want St Louis but am benefiting from Quicks wins in fantasy. I can't believe that lame brain Trotz has suspended Radulov, my F###ing fantasy guy for a huge game tonight. If they lose I lose. my bet and my fantasy most likely. What a numb skull suspending one of his best players? What was the Ruskie doing putting down some Vodka to ease the pain? That little pit bull will pay if they lose. I hope they win just like the Blues. I just cant believe the Blues are down. I am delighted the Flyers got pounded last night. Hate that team soooo much,.

Actually, I think Trotz did the right thing dropping those guy's. I know they ended up winning last night but I would have agreed regardless. Drinking till 3 am on a game day...who the hell do they think they are... Derek Sanderson :lol: . Maybe if they could play as good as him, they'd have gotten away with it !

Actually, I think Trotz did the right thing dropping those guy's. I know they ended up winning last night but I would have agreed regardless. Drinking till 3 am on a game day...who the hell do they think they are... Derek Sanderson :lol: . Maybe if they could play as good as him, they'd have gotten away with it !

I don't give a rat's behind what the score was. I stand with Don Cherry on this matter. Trotz escaped with his butt this time. I don't like his choices. Who does he think he is? Vince Lombardi? He looks like he came out of a cartoon.

Archived