The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

boston.jpg

Bruins.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D

LOL

A-HA!

I knew it!

You, sir, have now restored my faith. And revived a rivalry? Good luck to your Bruins (except when they play the Leafs :) ). May they never wear the third Godawful bear jersey again.

Edited to add: I see your five smilies (one per Cup) and raise you seven (only I'm not allowed to put in 13 smilies - let's hope that's not an omen of things to come!)

LOL

A-HA!

I knew it!

You, sir, have now restored my faith. And revived a rivalry? Good luck to your Bruins (except when they play the Leafs :) ). May they never wear the third Godawful bear jersey again.

Fortunately the only sno-balls down here :D

1-nolaice.jpg

LOL

A-HA!

I knew it!

Edited to add: I see your five smilies (one per Cup) and raise you seven (only I'm not allowed to put in 13 smilies - let's hope that's not an omen of things to come!)

The best hockey player I've ever seen

The best hockey player I've ever seen

Thanks, Ally, really enjoyed that. He was so smooth and intelligent and seeing it in slo-mo makes you appreciate it all the more. Funny how Cherry and Orr were showing each other some man love ahahahahaha!

Thanks, Ally, really enjoyed that. He was so smooth and intelligent and seeing it in slo-mo makes you appreciate it all the more. Funny how Cherry and Orr were showing each other some man love ahahahahaha!

Your welcome :) He could have played in any era and is such a classy guy. He has some strong opinions about how young ones are being coached these day's. I must say that after seeing it for myself a few years back. I have to agree. IMHO, too much about winning and not enough about learning and having fun. Anyway's, Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux etc all have that touch of class about them that I think is missing in today's game

B) We have two seasons as well

Hurricane :(

hurricane.gif

...and Hurricane :D

TopSocoHurricaneDrink.jpg

:D

I'll have some of that second one to celebrate our win! (Given this trend of drinking after a win, I'll either be a teetotaler or an alcoholic by the end of the season LOL)

Your welcome :) He could have played in any era and is such a classy guy. He has some strong opinions about how young ones are being coached these day's. I must say that after seeing it for myself a few years back. I have to agree. IMHO, too much about winning and not enough about learning and having fun. Anyway's, Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux etc all have that touch of class about them that I think is missing in today's game

Totally agreed about the class declining in the league, although since the new rules have been put into place, and calls against obstruction have been enforced, it has really opened things up for talented players and eliminated the effectiveness of goons. Part of the problem with expansion under the old rules was the diluting of talent because there were always spots on the roster for neanderthals on skates. I think that the young crop of guys seem to be playing the 'right' way, blending intensity, skill and respect. That said, I hope they never ban fighting - this self-policing seems to be something that offsets stick swings to the head and other stupid dangers. Ally are you in BC? I'm curious to see how our castoff Wellwood handles Calgary's behemoth defencemen...

Well you leafs fans. Your team is sure giving the Red Wings all they can handle. Perhaps they will be more competitve than predicted. They have a good coach. In fact I believe they and Buffalo have the best two coaches in the division by a country mile. I sure like the Leafs much more than the Canadiends who I hate almost as much as the Flyers. Almost. GO SABRES

Yeah wow that was some disciplined and intense hockey! The Red Wings ought to have been very familiar with that style of hockey with Wilson's previous team. I think we're going to take a few teams by surprise if we keep this up. You can tell the players are still trying to figure each others' tendencies out, but by and large they were good in their own end, good in forechecking, surprisingly quick and showed good offensive instincts. Best of all, they didn't show that glaring weakness of old - coughing up leads late in the game.

I hate the Flyers. But most of all, the Sens blow.

Other than CBC really being douches for not getting back the rights to the HNIC song, it's been a good night.

(Hey Def Leppard on CBC - wha? huh? Joe Elloitt looks like a wet Afghan hound. "F-f-f-foooolin'" aaaah the memories...cool song)

I am watching Calgary totally outplay Vancouver and they are still managing to be losing 3-0. Detroit loses to the Leafs. There must be a full moon. Ally, Im sure you are happy wherever you are, but if your team keeps playing like this they wont win very often. Hitting the hay. I havent eaten since yesterday and have to see the butt Dr tomorrow for a colonoscopy. Fun fun. I hope the Sabres beat Montreal tomorrow. That would be one thing that would make me happy. Cheers.

Luongo. lol

Yeah Patrycja I'm in Vancouver. Didn't actually watch tonights game as we had to pick up a friend at the airport but I must say I'm suprised by the score. 6-0 Canucks :D . I'll give you a more honest opinion on your reject and the Canucks after a few games.

Yukon, good luck with your day at the hospital

^ Duh, there it is From: Vancouver lol Yeah it didn't look like Van was short any fire power. I think Yukon mentioned Flames were outplaying them at least the first half of the game, but Luongo is a rare game changer, that was one hell of a trade.

It seemed like one fo those nights where nothing could go wrong for Canucks. Very nice Bourdon tribute before the game. I think Calgary's coach is already starting to lose his team (I'm including last year). He's Mr. Discipline, but the guy's style always seems to burn out quickly, he's too much of a hard ass and it gets really old really quickly. Glad the Leafs didn't get him.

Anyway, nothing says hockey like...Def Leppard, right?

Here's how much they know about hockey:UhOhlordStanley.jpg

The Stanley Cup is UPSIDE DOWN :mad: #@&^%#@^&%#^&@%#^*&%@(%#^@*&% :mad:

I have to go before I pop a vein in my forehead.

Good luck with the probe today, Yukon, hope all goes well :wave:

Thanks. It wasnt bad. Dont be fooled by the score of that Vancouver game. Calgary was all over them like a cheap suit but couldnt beat Luongo. then the roof caved in. I would expect differant results in Calgary. But anyway, my Sabres open their season in a half hour against Montreal. I hope they come out smokin! GO SABRES!!!!!!!

How long did you stay in the Fart Room? :lol:

I made about 15 or more fst trips to the bathroom last night. Woke up with stomach pains and felt like I had to vomit. Long night. The procedure itself was nothing. Didnt feel a thing hardly. I was doped up pretty good. Not allowed to drive til tomorrow. I suggest that anyone over 50 should do it. Mine was completely negative.

Saved my life at 46 :o

Its Miller Time!!!!

SABRES 2 MONTREAL 1

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear that you got the news we wanted to hear :) Right on ! Good result for the Sabres tonight.

As for the Canucks, no one is getting carried away. I do think though that they have a team that's got plenty character and if notheing else, last night proved it. Not saying that it will be that way every night but I'll tell ya, nobody is going to have an easy game against these guy's. They are a tough bunch of kids and they can skate. As long as our head coach doesn't try and be an egotist and overcoach them, then I think they'll be just fine. You shopuld bet for them more often than against them. They'll end uo at least 10 games over .500

Perhaps they will, but it will be only because of Luongo. He is the reason they won. He stoned Calgary when they stormed Vancouver for over a period. It takes its toll on you when you cant beat the goalie. But he cant stand on his head every night with no help. I cant stand Calgary or Edmonton but I do think they will be ahead of vancouver when all is said and done, they just have more talent up front. Buffalo played a playoff type game against a team that almost everyone seems to think is going all the way. I think that the Northeast is the toughest in the NHL right now. Even Toronto showed they can be a handfull. Boston is better now than in many years and Buffalo, Montreal and Ottawa are all amoung the best in the East. I do think Ottawa could be in some trouble but I could be wrong. Atlanta pulled a shocker tonight. they lit up Washington 7-4. Catch you later. Hockey is back!! Love it.

The season is long Yukon and I'm ready for the sack as well. Talk later

Canucks 4 Calgary 3 OT. Thought the Canucks showed some real grit coming back from two goals down. I'm impressed with the overall team speed as well. They could still do with a first line centre though

The Hurricanes won a good one against TB the other night.

Down 3-0 towards the end of the 2nd and came back to win 4-3 in OT.

Joni Pitkanen is looking good early. The Ray Whitney to Eric Staal goal should have been a highlight and was a textbook play on how to put the puck on someones tape at just the right time!...Like 23 seconds left in the OT. Go Canes!

I think it's a perfect match for Melrose.The Lightning have some good players in Lecavalier and Martin St Louis and Jussi Jokinan, old man Recchi and older man Gary Roberts plus a few new upstarts.

Washington (Ovechkin) always looks good but you never know.

Looks like we got the Wings tonight.Gonna be wearing our new black alternate jersy's for the first time.Maybe they'll make us look meaner(Kinda like the Raiders) :lol:

Saturday the 1st we may go see the Canes/Oilers matchup courtesy of some folks we met at the RP/AK in Asheville.Apparenly this guy is in a law firm in Raleigh and gets some real good seats.We sent him some of the pics from the show and he remembered how ZoSoDragon(from Edmonton and a huge Oilers fan) and I love hockey.He emailed ZD the other day and is going to try and get us tix for that game!.....I bet Erik Cole gets a great reception :D

We had our share of injuries that year too.Erik Cole with that broken neck plus a few others.But we found ways around it.Don't know if you would have made short work of Edmonton.They made it on shear determination,Christ,they made short work of the Wings and the Wings were awesome that year.#8 seed whipped the #1 seed.

We thought at the beginning of the playoffs that year,"Wouldn't it be great if our two teams met in the finals?"...Let me be the first to tell you that it was not fun at all.We were at each others throats the whole time.I'll be happy if that never happens again. :o

To me that Edmonton team was more lucky than good to make it to the finals. The Sabres team that lost game 7 to your Carolina team was far better than the Sabres team that almost won the cup in 99 with Hasek. I had no doubt that whoever won between Carolina and Buffalo wouldl beat them. If we would have had just Tallinder I believe we hold on to the lead that we had going into the third period of game 7. You guys won, but Ill tell you one thing, Buffalo is a far better hockey town than any town in the South. Mostly transplanted northerners that go to Florida games for instance. Fans from Buffalo, Toronto and Montreal are much bigger hockey fans than people in southern Cal and in Florida. Its all about money now. Who can buy the best team. Buffalo is very good for being a small market team that cant compete financially with teams like the Rangers and Detroit. We have a good team again this year. Just ask Montreal.

How many of the Oilers games did you watch in the playoffs that year? What about the regular season? I watched almost all of their games, and that run was no fluke whatsoever. The Oilers as a team played GREAT all regular season long, but they had that three-headed-monster goalie situation for 80% of the season with Jussi Markkanen, Ty Conklin, and Mike Morrison, all average to bad goaltenders, none any better than a back up. So while the Oilers played solid enough to win most nights, the goaltending cost them several points. There was absolutely no luck involved in that playoff run though. They played teams almost perfectly, and every single player seemed to bring their A game, they were not only playing systematically perfect, every one of those players was going balls out. Chris Pronger, Dwayne Roloson, Shawn Horcoff, Fernando Pisani, and Mike Peca were all having a playoff worthy of a Conn Smythe, especially Pronger and Roloson, and a lesser extent Pisani. Beating the consesus #1 team in the league, Detroit 4-2, beating what was considered one of the top five picks to win the cup, San Jose, 4-2 including 4 straight wins, beating a very strong team, Anaheim, 4-1, and taking that Carolina team to a game 7, WITHOUT their Conn Smythe caliber goaltender, to game 7 and lose by one goal. HOW is that lucky?

Archived